What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I forgot....

justpassnthru

Veteran
how much fun it is to drive my old pickup; It has been in storage for 5 years. Charged the battery and it took off, just like the day it was new. I even forgot how long it was in storage.

Nothing like driving it and recalling going to the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans, in it. To the top of the Rockies and to the bowels of Death Valley, Mexico and Canada.

25 years ago, I would never have dreamed, I would keep anything on ice, that long.

Funny how dusting off something old can make you feel a bit younger, occasionally. I try to not live in my past and go for the minute. :biggrin: Reflecting can be rather refreshing.

What have you forgotten, lately? :whee: jpt

dddaver

Veteran
No huge nostalgic pangs lately that come to mind. But I do remember smoking weed again specifically for the first time after about 20 years of abstaining. My daughter had a friend stay over. They left about half a fat joint in an ashtray the day after they left. I had some rolling papers around from when the wife had gone through this "rolling her own" cigarette phase. So I broke that roach apart and rolled a fatty myself. It was like shaking hands with along lost friend. I remember very vividly thinking, "Oh yeah, I remember this." Been going strong ever since. I guess that qualifies. She probably always wondered what happened to that roach, maybe she forgot completely, it was good shit.

supermanlives

Veteran
old rides rule...new cars aint so nice... the quality isn't there.... I will be looking for a new old ride to upgrade soon.... the frames and metal are so much stronger in old rides... the engines can be upgraded or replaced....my last ride 68 sport fury had over 300 k, my new ride needs belt changed at 100k, and its a bitch to do... whatever you save on newer rides because of better milage all goes to hell if ya cant fix it yourself... hell I got to pull off intake just to tune it up...oldschool rules

justpassnthru

Veteran
No huge nostalgic pangs lately that come to mind. But I do remember smoking weed again specifically for the first time after about 20 years of abstaining. My daughter had a friend stay over. They left about half a fat joint in an ashtray the day after they left. I had some rolling papers around from when the wife had gone through this "rolling her own" cigarette phase. So I broke that roach apart and rolled a fatty myself. It was like shaking hands with along lost friend. I remember very vividly thinking, "Oh yeah, I remember this." Been going strong ever since. I guess that qualifies. She probably always wondered what happened to that roach, maybe she forgot completely, it was good shit.

LOL, that sounds pretty close to a time warp revival! how cool.:biggrin:

Superman--My old p/u rides better than my neighbors new one and runs much better. Sad, what has happened to quality in vehicles. Giving up comfort and feel for mpg. The engines now sound like a Sunbeam electric mixer, too.:biggrin: jpt

dddaver

Veteran
old rides rule...new cars aint so nice... the quality isn't there.... I will be looking for a new old ride to upgrade soon.... the frames and metal are so much stronger in old rides... the engines can be upgraded or replaced....my last ride 68 sport fury had over 300 k, my new ride needs belt changed at 100k, and its a bitch to do... whatever you save on newer rides because of better milage all goes to hell if ya cant fix it yourself... hell I got to pull off intake just to tune it up...oldschool rules

I hear ya dude.

I like the mileage and extra safety features, like air bags etc., on the newer models. But anymore you can't even change a light bulb hardly. Even changing the freaking oil on some models you need special tools and procedures. Never mind the coolant. Simple things like charging the a/c is about impossible. Changing a belt? Fugget-about-it. Now just one huge serpentine belt that snakes all over the place. I miss a big block engine, basic design and lots of room without getting bloody knuckles every-time I turn a bolt. The freaking car I have now the air filter isn't even changeable. It seems these manufacturers hired expensive engineers who had no clue about actually owning a car and the joy and satisfaction the owner got doing his own routine maintenance. My damn battery is hardly accessible without special tools now. But still I bought the POS. Mostly because I HAD to if I wanted anything that them assholes would let me drive....Rant over. Thanks.