What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

top of the heap to third world status in one generation

Gry

Just because you parrot what the brain dead media says doesn't make it truth. Enjoy your innocents of ignorance because it will soon swoon.

You torture the language as much as he does the truth. The man has a well earned and unequalled reputation for lying over a lifetime.

He made it obvious he never cared for the county, as have you.

Three Berries

You torture the language as much as he does the truth. The man has a well earned and unequalled reputation for lying over a lifetime.

He made it obvious he never cared for the county, as have you.

LOL you should go to a Trump rally.

As far as lying goes Bidan is the champ!!!!! even had to pull out of a Pres run once because of it.

Three Berries

Rising serpent 🇺🇸 repliedScott Adams@ScottAdamsSays·1h
I just walked into six stores (mostly fast food places) and walked out of each for lack of service. No line moved during any visit. Every customer had an “issue.” Retail is dead.

Rising serpent 🇺🇸@rising_serpent·51m

This wasn't much of a surprise coming. Wait till you realize how bad the healthcare system has become in the last year.
I'm getting deja vu flashbacks of my third world childhood. Nothing works, nobody knows anything, and corruption so rampant you can see for miles.

Gry

Rising serpent 🇺🇸 repliedScott Adams@ScottAdamsSays·1h
I just walked into six stores (mostly fast food places) and walked out of each for lack of service. No line moved during any visit. Every customer had an “issue.” Retail is dead.

Rising serpent 🇺🇸@rising_serpent·51m

This wasn't much of a surprise coming. Wait till you realize how bad the healthcare system has become in the last year.
I'm getting deja vu flashbacks of my third world childhood. Nothing works, nobody knows anything, and corruption so rampant you can see for miles.

Your contempt for the country shows again, I receive more and better healthcare than I had ever imagined.
The handle describes an agenda

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What's the lie? I'm well aware Trump was a Dem. And he was well known in Hollywood. He knows the evil and has set the traps. He knows the Dem tricks and uses that against them very effectively, like in mean tweets.

He was well known for 'please please love me' 'please let me in your group' sucky, sucky, sucky....

JKD

Veteran
too bad they have a register to view (for me anyway) Can you post the text?

From “The Independent: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ounder-who-forensic-linguists-q-b2019432.html

Two ground-breaking linguistic studies have shed further light on who might be behind the influential QAnon conspiracy movement.

Two teams of researchers, one from the Swiss startup OrphAnalytics, and another from French computational linguists Florian Cafiero and Jean-Baptiste Camps, used artificial intelligence and linguistic analysis software to study texts containing more than 100,000 words written by Q, an anonymous internet figure claiming to be a highly placed military-political insider.

Their results back up what researchers and journalists have long believed about the people behind the conspiracy leader: that South African software developer Paul Furber and message board operator (and now congressional candidate) Ron Watkins are most likely the men behind Q.

Both teams believe their predictions are more than 90 per cent accurate. The researchers also compared texts from Donald Trump and his family, as well as other Q boosters like former national security adviser Michael Flynn and political consultant Roger Stone, but found that Mr Watkins and Mr Furber were the most likely culprits based on their findings.

Both men, speaking on Saturday with The New York Times, which reported on the studies, denied being Q.

Mr Furber claimed that rather than being Q, he was merely deeply influenced by QAnon and became an early promoter of the figure’s work on online messageboards.

“We all started talking like him,” Mr Furber told the Times of the shadowy presence online, who “took over our lives, literally”.

From Q’s first posts in 2017, its audience continued to grow, though it’s style changed markedly towards Ron Watkins’s signature around 2018, according to the researchers, a period when Mr Furber said Q was “hijacked”. At this time, QAnon’s posts began exclusively appeared on a messageboard called 8chan, run by Mr Watkins and his father Jim.

Investigators have long believed that Mr Watkins and Mr Furber were key figures behind QAnon. Reporters from NBC News, Gimlet Media’s Reply All, and HBO’s documentary Q: Into the Storm, have also suggested the pair could be Q, a figure who retains millions of followers despite not posting since December 2020.

Last April, The Independent reported exclusive new details that the Watkins family spent time in Mukilteo, Washington, before going overseas, where a young Ron Watkins was described as a loner with few friends.

From “Silicon Republic: https://www.siliconrepublic.com/business/qanon-authors-identity-paul-furber-ron-watkins-linguistics

Using computational linguistics, two studies in Switzerland and France point to Paul Furber and Ron Watkins as the likely authors of messages that began the QAnon movement.

The authors of the QAnon conspiracy theory that played an integral role in the January 2021 riots at the US Capitol have long been shrouded in mystery. For the first time, two separate studies now claim to have used linguistic technology to identify those behind it.

A study conducted by Swiss start-up OrphAnalytics has identified Paul Furber and Ron Watkins as the two individuals most likely to be the authors of the first QAnon messages that appeared on a 4chan forum in late 2017.

Meanwhile, a French study by researchers at the École Nationale des Chartes in Paris also found the same two individuals most likely to be responsible for the viral, right-wing conspiracy theory.

Both studies were conducted by teams of forensic linguists who used computational technology to analyse the writing styles of a series of potential authors who had been narrowed down by news investigations. Writings from massive amounts of text were compared with QAnon messages on 4chan and, later, 8chan.

QAnon is an online group started by an anonymous figure called Q, focusing on unfounded ‘deep-state’ conspiracies such as US public figures engaging in child exploitation and Satan worshipping. QAnon content has faced bans from big social media platforms such as Facebookand Twitter.

“QAnon is going to fuel social studies for a long time, and maybe even history, as one of the most singular and concerning movements of our time. As such, identifying its authors and their motivations is of great importance to orient future debates,” said Lionel Pousaz, a co-inventor at OrphAnalytics.
Who are they?

The two men identified, Furber and Watkins, are both known right-wing figures involved in tech. Furber, described by The New York Times as the “first apostle” of the QAnon movement, is a South African software developer and tech journalist. Watkins is a US website administrator who is running for Congress in the US state of Arizona.

The two studies claimed that messages posted on 4chan between October and December 2017 under the name of Q are most likely the result of a collaboration between Furber and Watkins, with Furber playing a lead role. Both men have denied writing as Q.

OrphAnalytics said that when QAnon moved to the new forum 8chan, owned by Watkins’ father Jim, Watkins was likely the sole author of the messages. Traces of Furber’s style of writing dwindle around this time, according to the researchers, while Furber publicly criticised QAnon messages on 8chan.

In an interview with The New York Times, Furber did not deny that his writing resembled the messages posted by Q on 4chan. Instead, he argued that posts made by Q had influenced him to the extent that his writing style was altered to match Q.

Watkins praised the posts but told The New York Times that he was not Q.
How were the studies performed?

Both studies use computing technologies to analyse the personal writing styles of many potential authors.

The study by OrphAnalytics relied on statistical models that count and compare short strings of characters to extract an individual signature of the person. This method, according to OrphAnalytics, has been used in “several criminal affairs”.

Meanwhile, the study at École Nationale des Chartes used AI and machine learning to feed a model with fragments of writing extracts from the potential authors until the model learned the unique writing style of each individual – a method used in literary studies.

Florian Cafiero, a researcher at the French National Centre for Scientific Research who co-authored the study with colleague Jean-Baptiste Camps from the École Nationale des Chartes, said that it is possible the actual author of the QAnon messages was “simply not part of our shortlist” but added that the results of the both studies are “remarkably clear”.

“In the second period [2018 onwards], an accidental stylistic resemblance between Watkins and a still-to-be-identified author seems quite unlikely,” added Cafiero.

Claude-Alain Roten, CEO of OrphAnalytics, shared the same confidence in the results. “The mere fact that two vastly different approaches point to the same individuals is in itself strong evidence. Because we joined forces, we can be pretty confident in our results.”

QAnon is a pro-Trump conspiracy movement. Last week, details emerged of a new social media platform created by the former US president, which may soon be available for download to the public. Donald Trump was banned and suspended from major social platforms last year after his alleged role in inciting the US Capitol riots.

Three Berries

He was well known for 'please please love me' 'please let me in your group' sucky, sucky, sucky....

LOL it's great to see all you have trumpitis.

It sure takes you mind off the Globalist turning of the USA into a 3rd world country.

You should be proud of the job they are doing trying to destroying America.

The question is what happens when the USA is no better than Haiti? Then what you gonna do?

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LOL it's great to see all you have trumpitis.

It sure takes you mind off the Globalist turning of the USA into a 3rd world country.

You should be proud of the job they are doing trying to destroying America.

The question is what happens when the USA is no better than Haiti? Then what you gonna do?

What? You don't remember that? Don't forget I am a long time back ago Trump hater; hated him when he was bragging everywhere; hated him for his blabber on central park boys; hated him for raising such piece of shit sons who shoot elephants and other animals for fun and photo-ops; hated him for his performance in the wrestling scene; hated his goofy 'apprentice' show; hate him for his policies which open up oil and gas mining and destruction of forests and water.

I can only hope that the US gets a little 3rd world going on. Maybe then more people will begin to learn from the land instead of dominating it. (although doubtful at this point)

Three Berries

What? You don't remember that? Don't forget I am a long time back ago Trump hater; hated him when he was bragging everywhere; hated him for his blabber on central park boys; hated him for raising such piece of shit sons who shoot elephants and other animals for fun and photo-ops; hated him for his performance in the wrestling scene; hated his goofy 'apprentice' show; hate him for his policies which open up oil and gas mining and destruction of forests and water.

I can only hope that the US gets a little 3rd world going on. Maybe then more people will begin to learn from the land instead of dominating it. (although doubtful at this point)

When hate is all you got.....

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Worked for Fox well enough.
They ran with it for years.

outrage can only be sustained for so long. then, folks say " ah, fuck it, grow up..." and change the channel. they are going through the "what? no Easter Bunny?" growing pains these days...