What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED Grow Light Manufacturers

jubiare

I have a 357Magnum too, and it isn't doing too bad, despite some lies from customer service (light coverage).
I did too contact eshinesystem, and I was told that they are the ones they make the penetrator x gen for HGL. They say the only model they can sell is the 126, 1w or 3w. The offered me the 126w for $280 something? That's real good price if the light is the same, apparentely even the spectrum used is the same as the one stated on HGL website!!! So muntain monkey........... you haven't ried the light? That's a shame, coz we would have loved to know more about it! I do not think I am gonna purchase one for now.
Than I have to tell you this, I was chatting with them and they said they also make the Evo90 LED. I asked for pictures and there is no way that's the real Evo90 from the guys in spain! So, if they lied me about evo they could have easily lied about the 126 HGL???

FCDobbs

with respect to Spectra. I wouldnt touch them with a 10' pole at this time. Something happened in their supply chain (cant get the lights that did all the good grows). They have gone through 3 revisions this year due to major burning issues. Mike has his journal guys on another site. the grows have all been disasters. Leaf burning and the buds stop growing at around 3-4 weeks into flower. Search around on google.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
After 3+ years using Amare Technologies, I highly recommend them. I have 3 of them; 220, 250, and a Pro3

The lone caveat:

Due to their high umol output you need at least 20" above the canopy, which is a bit of a problem for me as my F & D set up takes away a good 2 ft from overall tent height. I often have to snap the top cola and let it run out horizontally. This is a actually a good thing as more and bigger buds are at hand

But if you're growing in soil in a 6ft+ tent, you should be well rewarded

View attachment 442457 View attachment 442458

smartgrower1995

There are some points that you need to know before you order a good LED

1) Spacing: You absolutely need to ensure that you have an idea of the amount of space you want to cover with your LED lights. Each light has a maximum range of space that it can cover, and it'll be important to understand the measurements of your grow space down to the centimeter. If you currently do not know what that is, you should find out now.

2) Brand/Budget/Price: This will be important as the higher-quality lights typically yield the best results. If you are a beginner, you will likely want to start with a lower priced option to get your feet feet wet. If you are more experienced, it never hurts to go with the quality, higher-priced option. In addition, brand and quality of the light is very important. And for my opion, MEIZHI LED is a good option to try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf7dHcrCXeg&t=42s

3) Spectrum: A full spectrum LED grow light will go a long way in terms of helping your plant growth. It's important to have a powerful light, with different wave lengths to ensure maximum growth.

4) Power draw: you'll need to thoroughly understand what the total output is (1000w, 400w, 300w etc). The higher you go, the more powerful and more likely leads to less electrical usage (and more cost effective for you). but there are lot LED named 1000w 2000w on the market but the power draw only have 100+,so need to be aware of those product.

radioman

How is the Heat output with the LED Grow lights?...I see lots of them advertised on Amazon. Say for around $100 - is there one better than the other? I noticed that they are mostly all manufactured in China - so lots of them maybe made by one Factory with just different brand names?... I have a 400 watt MH & a 430 Watt HPS but they put off too much heat in the Summer to use (unless an air conditioner is used). I was just thinking about getting a $100 LED & keeping a couple plants inside during the Summer...

Lyfespan

There are some points that you need to know before you order a good LED

1) Spacing: You absolutely need to ensure that you have an idea of the amount of space you want to cover with your LED lights. Each light has a maximum range of space that it can cover, and it'll be important to understand the measurements of your grow space down to the centimeter. If you currently do not know what that is, you should find out now.

2) Brand/Budget/Price: This will be important as the higher-quality lights typically yield the best results. If you are a beginner, you will likely want to start with a lower priced option to get your feet feet wet. If you are more experienced, it never hurts to go with the quality, higher-priced option. In addition, brand and quality of the light is very important. And for my opion, MEIZHI LED is a good option to try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf7dHcrCXeg&t=42s

3) Spectrum: A full spectrum LED grow light will go a long way in terms of helping your plant growth. It's important to have a powerful light, with different wave lengths to ensure maximum growth.

4) Power draw: you'll need to thoroughly understand what the total output is (1000w, 400w, 300w etc). The higher you go, the more powerful and more likely leads to less electrical usage (and more cost effective for you). but there are lot LED named 1000w 2000w on the market but the power draw only have 100+,so need to be aware of those product.

i am currently running 8 1200 watt Meizhi lights and have had them on for 3 years straight now. they have been used for both veg and bloom. i love them more for veg, the light penetration is great and lower nodal growth is crazy.

drawn backs are you really have to have VPD dialed, and especially if you want to foliar feed, shit burns fast. also i noticed that you really have to be on top of your DEF game, these lights have the plant absorbing just a lil differently.

over all for a 1200 watt not 1200 watt fixture im happy, especially with the price i got them at :tiphat:

Lyfespan

How is the Heat output with the LED Grow lights?...I see lots of them advertised on Amazon. Say for around $100 - is there one better than the other? I noticed that they are mostly all manufactured in China - so lots of them maybe made by one Factory with just different brand names?... I have a 400 watt MH & a 430 Watt HPS but they put off too much heat in the Summer to use (unless an air conditioner is used). I was just thinking about getting a $100 LED & keeping a couple plants inside during the Summer...

got mine off ebay

Lyfespan

oh and these run hot, leds are not cooler running. 8 in a 10x10 room gets hot real fast without exhaust, and cold air intake :tiphat: