Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Nutrients and Fertilizers > How to find the right dose of fertilizer

Thread Title Search
How to find the right dose of fertilizer Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-13-2020, 01:22 PM #1
Los_Serpent

Los_Serpent is on a distinguished road
How to find the right dose of fertilizer

I'm trying a new thing, I got tired of spending plenty of money on fertilizer. And bought a 15 7 15 fertilizer that has pretty much everything I need. It was not meant for weed so I don't know the dosages

I have a huge plant in a 18 liter bucket. It's granural fertilizer but I'm gonna dissolve it in water. How can I figure out dosage based on the fact that it is 15 7 15?
Los_Serpent is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-13-2020, 04:11 PM #2
JJ Lowe

JJ Lowe will become famous soon enoughJJ Lowe will become famous soon enoughJJ Lowe will become famous soon enough
Do you have access to a ec/ppm meter? Just stay under 1000ppm for starters and you should be good.

Most powdered fertilizers are around 1 tsp per gallon.
JJ Lowe is offline Quote

Old 09-13-2020, 05:13 PM #3
aridbud
automeister

aridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivor
If dissolving in water....maybe crush the granules as they don't dissolve easily. Granular fertilizer is meant to be slow long term over a few months period. Maybe 1- 1.5 TBS per 1 liter of water. Less is more. Try it at 1 fertilization watering followed by water only and see how plants react.

Seeds have the power to preserve species, to enhance cultural as well as genetic diversity, to counter economic monopoly and to check the advance of conformity on all its many fronts.
Michael Pollan
"Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis

afterthought autos
We are passionate auto breeders growing organically in the USA since 2008 and offer 34 autoflowering strains, 15 photoperiods, 10 CBD hemp hybrids in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality cannabis autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 14.5 years, and running strong! We're on SEEDBAY again...trio of goodies - autos, photoperiods and CBD hemp strains!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

Old 09-13-2020, 05:32 PM #4
Los_Serpent

Los_Serpent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridbud View Post
If dissolving in water....maybe crush the granules as they don't dissolve easily. Granular fertilizer is meant to be slow long term over a few months period. Maybe 1- 1.5 TBS per 1 liter of water. Less is more. Try it at 1 fertilization watering followed by water only and see how plants react.
How long does it take to see if it's doing damage or if its good?
Los_Serpent is offline Quote

Old 09-13-2020, 06:51 PM #5
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivor
I'll give you a tip. Use as little as possible and only increase as needed. It's better to underfed vs overfeed.

BTW: Usually there's dosage recommendation on a label on the container. If not Google the fertilizer brand online for more info.

Terpene Amplification
troutman is offline Quote

Old 09-14-2020, 05:52 PM #6
Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop is just really niceGrapefruitroop is just really niceGrapefruitroop is just really niceGrapefruitroop is just really niceGrapefruitroop is just really niceGrapefruitroop is just really niceGrapefruitroop is just really niceGrapefruitroop is just really niceGrapefruitroop is just really niceGrapefruitroop is just really niceGrapefruitroop is just really nice
Granular in most cases means also coated for slow release.....those little blue balls generally...If so this may give u problem on the long run...crushin it it wont help i think...
Maybe you should get your hands on some "Soluble" all purpose nute similar to the one u have but explicitly called soluble...
Or also jack's or megacrop or yara

And yeah a EC pen is always your friend!

Every piece of information or picture posted has nothing to do with reality

Last edited by Grapefruitroop; 09-14-2020 at 05:54 PM.. Reason: the yeah
Grapefruitroop is offline Quote

Old 09-14-2020, 11:56 PM #7
hyposomniac

hyposomniac is a glorious beacon of lighthyposomniac is a glorious beacon of lighthyposomniac is a glorious beacon of lighthyposomniac is a glorious beacon of lighthyposomniac is a glorious beacon of lighthyposomniac is a glorious beacon of lighthyposomniac is a glorious beacon of lighthyposomniac is a glorious beacon of lighthyposomniac is a glorious beacon of lighthyposomniac is a glorious beacon of lighthyposomniac is a glorious beacon of light
15/7/15 converts to 15/3/12.5

Used at 1g (1000mg} per liter will give you:
N - 150mg (150ppm)
P - 30ppm
K - 125ppm

Does this fert have any Ca, Mg or micros?
hyposomniac is online now Quote

Old 09-15-2020, 01:14 AM #8
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapefruitroop View Post
Granular in most cases means also coated for slow release.....those little blue balls generally...If so this may give u problem on the long run...crushin it it wont help i think...
Maybe you should get your hands on some "Soluble" all purpose nute similar to the one u have but explicitly called soluble...
Or also jack's or megacrop or yara

And yeah a EC pen is always your friend!
Wow! I have used plenty of blue granule fertilizers in my day. I never had a problem diluting them! ???

A good approach to just about anything in life is to hope for the best,
but be prepared for the worst.

I don't want you to trust me. I want you to doubt me.
I want you to question me. I want you to look at the facts! ~ Snowden

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding.
The highest form of knowledge is Empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world" ~ Bill Bullard

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...
Switcher56 is offline Quote

Old 09-15-2020, 01:19 AM #9
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyposomniac View Post
15/7/15 converts to 15/3/12.5

Used at 1g (1000mg} per liter will give you:
N - 150mg (150ppm)
P - 30ppm
K - 125ppm

Does this fert have any Ca, Mg or micros?
I will open my wallet but, I'm not about to open my wallet with your math! (being facetious, is that Trump math?) You simply cannot apply a 'factor" to both P&K and not apply it to N. What king of math is that?

My reaction to the Q was reduce the recommended dosage by 1/3, to bring you in line to what we use. Then of course we have Cal/Mag and others. But...

A good approach to just about anything in life is to hope for the best,
but be prepared for the worst.

I don't want you to trust me. I want you to doubt me.
I want you to question me. I want you to look at the facts! ~ Snowden

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding.
The highest form of knowledge is Empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world" ~ Bill Bullard

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...
Switcher56 is offline Quote

Old 09-15-2020, 04:33 AM #10
growingcrazy

growingcrazy is a splendid one to beholdgrowingcrazy is a splendid one to beholdgrowingcrazy is a splendid one to beholdgrowingcrazy is a splendid one to beholdgrowingcrazy is a splendid one to beholdgrowingcrazy is a splendid one to beholdgrowingcrazy is a splendid one to beholdgrowingcrazy is a splendid one to beholdgrowingcrazy is a splendid one to beholdgrowingcrazy is a splendid one to beholdgrowingcrazy is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switcher56 View Post
I will open my wallet but, I'm not about to open my wallet with your math! (being facetious, is that Trump math?) You simply cannot apply a 'factor" to both P&K and not apply it to N. What king of math is that?

My reaction to the Q was reduce the recommended dosage by 1/3, to bring you in line to what we use. Then of course we have Cal/Mag and others. But...

Label ( N, P2O5, K2O )
P = P2O5 x .44
K = K2O x .83

15-7-15

7 x .44 = 3.08

15 x .83 = 12.45

1 gram in 1 liter = 150 N 30.8 P 124.5 K

More math, Less bullshit.