What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Free LED

S2 really

I have 4 LED lights that i got FOR FREE. they are basic white; dunno the lumens or wattage or wavelength or anything. They're pretty bright- They were for streetlight retrofit. I get 130 foot candle /1700LUX at about 24" from them. Think they'd be worth trying to use for growing? I have 5 Northern lights girls that I'll need to move inside to finish pretty soon on accounta its gettin cold outside and they are just starting to bloom.(michigan)

Attachments

• IMG_0361[1].jpg
    IMG_0361[1].jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0359[1].jpg
    IMG_0359[1].jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 55

S2 really

Also- I guess I do know the wattage they draw its printed right on the board-68W. I don't know the wattage equivalent they are supposed to replace.

Fixer

Do they list the light color? Street lights seem pretty cold to me so I'd guess they'd be better for vegging if that's the case with your lights. But you should have plenty of watts with four of them. :chin:

S2 really

Do they list the light color? Street lights seem pretty cold to me so I'd guess they'd be better for vegging if that's the case with your lights. But you should have plenty of watts with four of them. :chin:
No documentation at all and the manufacturer has gone under. I'll give them a try- it will be a grand (poorly documented) experiment

roybart

1700 lux is not much at all.. you need more like 60k lux

The round one sys 24 vdc and 69 watts 2.5 amps.
What driver re you using??

S2 really

I'll check the driver when I get home- also will double check the scale that's set on my light meter. These things are retrofits for 400-600 watt HID street lights so 1700 must be low.

S2 really

speaking of free- a friend gave me two rolls of this stuff. I figure I'll use it for walls/ceiling for a grow area. Probably make a frame from 2x2s

S2 really

That will likely be the outcome of my experiment - but free is free and I'll at least see how they do for a couple weeks before making that call.
Actually, maybe I'll move a couple in before it gets so cold I have to move them all and compare their progress to the ones still outside.

S2 really

Buyer Beware that Mars Hydro does not honor their warranty so cheap isn’t always better. They are real, but junk IMO. Better choices out there for sure. There is a reason they spam posts and do giveaways.

Now now, They Are an IC Mag Vendor. no need to post stuff like this without a specific question about them and in the context of a specific transaction.

S2 really

Well as was easily predicted in account I know procrastinating ass so well, I slapped together a little grow spot on the fly because a freeze was coming- they've been inside a couple weeks now and are responding very well to the free LEDS. So far so good.

Latest posts

Latest posts