What's new

Platinum KUSH

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Funny I researched a good while yesterday what this was. It has a pretty vague long history with a little more not knowing thrown in to spice things up. The crosses with it all look fire. Everyone said the stone was powerful and flavor good.

calisun

I got one they called patinum og kush. After some research it sounds like the original clone only got passed around as platinum og, platinum kush and platinum og kush. Mine has very indica afgani leaves. Has great structure and fat dense buds. A great taste that is hard to describe a little og a little kushy more of a smooth rich decadent taste a little like bubba kush. It's pretty strong too.

vanilla dutch

had something called platinum kush years ago.straight up artificial grape candy. surprised me because kush is usually og related smells,taste.

Happy Times

I got some dispensary Platinum Kush Breath not too long ago, I was guessing it was Platinum GSC x OGKB

Strong long lasting stoney stone, heavy effects

JDubsocal

Someone passed me a clone of Platinum OG, if that counts

Attachments

• 20200529_102212.jpg
    20200529_102212.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 32

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got one they called patinum og kush. After some research it sounds like the original clone only got passed around as platinum og, platinum kush and platinum og kush. Mine has very indica afgani leaves. Has great structure and fat dense buds. A great taste that is hard to describe a little og a little kushy more of a smooth rich decadent taste a little like bubba kush. It's pretty strong too.

I don't buy the original clone thing as in it relates to OGK? It is known for berry smell. Sounds more like Hells Angel OG/bubba oriented.

No one has a fuckin clue what is or where it came from other than it has been around a long time and is OG related from my research.

calisun

I don't buy the original clone thing as in it relates to OGK? It is known for berry smell. Sounds more like Hells Angel OG/bubba oriented.

No one has a fuckin clue what is or where it came from other than it has been around a long time and is OG related from my research.

Yeah IDK I always thought is was master kush x with some og kush. Anyway I was just giving the description of the one I got. No berry smell.
I had the real white widow back when it was winning all the awards. Stopped growing for a while and bought white widow again and tried about 6 different ones from different sources and they were all fake, maybe some crosses and some f1 ect.. that people were selling as white widow. With so many pollen chuckers (and I'm one too) it's hard to find original genetics. I keep all mine labeled with a spread sheet.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Off topic sorry.

Is the pheno you like of WW gassy citrus? spicey fruity? or tropical fruit and floral?

Seedsmanseeds posted a growers pic of a fuckin beautiful widow from their few days ago to the point I went and talked with the grower. It was the gassy pheno with little citrus background a lot of people really like and won most of the awards. You can tell its widow the second you see it. I personally love that pheno and the tropical fruit floral one. Tropical fruit is my favorite though. The flavor is awesome and it is such an exotic smell from the Brazilian. I like the spicy the least, but they do look good have heavy stone and strong smell.

DP's widow is supposed to have some very gassy profiles too. I want to give them and Sensi a try next. Flying Dutchmen gave me my favorite widow so far but I need to dive into MNS line more his is so open you need run 3 or 4 packs. He really needs to drop some fem lines or something.

fvasquez

Off topic sorry.

Is the pheno you like of WW gassy citrus? spicey fruity? or tropical fruit and floral?

Seedsmanseeds posted a growers pic of a fuckin beautiful widow from their few days ago to the point I went and talked with the grower. It was the gassy pheno with little citrus background a lot of people really like and won most of the awards. You can tell its widow the second you see it. I personally love that pheno and the tropical fruit floral one. Tropical fruit is my favorite though. The flavor is awesome and it is such an exotic smell from the Brazilian. I like the spicy the least, but they do look good have heavy stone and strong smell.

DP's widow is supposed to have some very gassy profiles too. I want to give them and Sensi a try next. Flying Dutchmen gave me my favorite widow so far but I need to dive into MNS line more his is so open you need run 3 or 4 packs. He really needs to drop some fem lines or something.

Damn I had that WW tropical cut about ten years ago. Should have kept it. That smell in flower was amazing.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn I had that WW tropical cut about ten years ago. Should have kept it. That smell in flower was amazing.

I didn't say why my favorite WW was from Flying Dutchmen but it was because it gave me the best tropical fruit floral pheno. I hate Floral. This was a beautiful to smell. I went to go order more the other night and the fuckin website says horrible news ;\ Hope they don't permanently shut down. They really have stellar old school list of lines kept true to form.

This is the Widow that caught my eye from seedsman. I mean this is 100% oldschool widow look for the gassy piney citrus phenos.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAG3BsdHiVK/

Happy Times

Off topic sorry.

Ever try Beanhoarder’s line(s)? I haven’t but curious, and sounds like you’ve seen some Widow!!

Hadn’t thought of TFD for Widow before

One time long ago when I lived in an apartment I got a cut of Widow through a friend, maybe around 99’

There was a burly black dude that lived a few doors down that would always hang out in the shared walkway, one day I came home to a note on my door saying “please off your bathroom fan”

Lol, I’m not sure how the cops never showed up at my door. Ran some nice P88 and Sagarmartha Bubbleberry there

Cloneman

Veteran
I got some dispensary Platinum Kush Breath not too long ago, I was guessing it was Platinum GSC x OGKB

Strong long lasting stoney stone, heavy effects

It was probably IHG's fem variety, here's the description

In House Genetics Platinum Kush Breath

Created by blending OGKB V2.1 with Platinum, one of a kind strain which truly has it all; looks, bag appeal and flavour. Great for pain relief, anxiety and stimulating appetite.

Genetics: OGKB V2.1 x Platinum

I got freebies last year with 2 orders (5 and 7 seeds) of Platinum x Platinum Kush Mints, so decided to do some research. Seems that Platinum is IHG's female (Hashplant x Perma Frost) they use a lot. Kush Mints (Bubba K x Animal Mints) are Seed Junky's. So it was a Platinum BX..
I got 5 females that finished about 2 months ago and i love it. Kept one of the most manageable ones and have got 2 in my back garden enjoying the beautiful weather, building herself up for me to take cuts in 3 weeks....probably on the longest day.

I always put most of my mothers in the garden at this time of year to rejuvenate and take loads of big fat cuts then compost the mums.

Last edited:

calisun

The one I have is different from the one at DHN. I like mine better. I have got some good clones from DHN in the past. I won't get any clones from DHN ever again. I don't like their M.O.

calisun

The one I have is different from the one at DHN. I like mine better. I have got some good clones from DHN in the past. I won't get any clones from DHN ever again. I don't like their M.O.

I always wondered what qualifies something as a Platinum cut?

There’s Platinum OG, Platinum Cookies, etc. I’ve seen a bunch of them.

They all seem like a stronger, more crystalline versions of the original Strains to me.

I believe I once read that they were crossed to the White?

prune

Veteran
I ran multiple DHN SFV, Fire, and Platinum Og's side by side last year and the Platinum was the tastiest, smallest and strongest. Intense narcotic high.

Latest posts

Latest posts