Livers aka UK Blues.

mack 10

Veteran
Hey ic mag.
Thought I'd do a thread on the Blues.
Here she is in veg

If you got some,
post 'em.

The terps on this one are something else.
Proper oldskool.

Attachments

• IMG_20191017_132349.jpg
    IMG_20191017_132349.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 68

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
That dont look like my cut of sheffield blues...

Mine has red stems or at least a few and i dont think ive ever seen her fan leaves extend that far out as they do on your cut...

I got some stunning pics of mine in veg the other day bit i have no space to upload pics...

I use instagram quite a lot these days as its free picture hosting...

Are the sheffied blues and livers 2 different cuts cause i was led to beleive they were...

Mine is 100% the sheff blues though...

Bless

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Nice idea for a thread

Nice idea for a thread

Hey ic mag.
Thought I'd do a thread on the Blues.
Here she is in veg

If you got some,
post 'em.

The terps on this one are something else.
Proper oldskool.

Is this an outdoor plant?

V

ValleyHill

Theres always been a couple of different cuts floating around.iv had tthe chance to grow out one of the two and to be honest
I much prefer the exodus cheese cut that I have now.
The thing that interests me most and why i need to find the other cut, is because the way some people describe her as being prefered over the exodus.!
Trouble nowi think is that theres been many a seed company producing strains from the blues cutting .
Life is like a box of chocolates
Vh

coxnox

Veteran
Theres always been a couple of different cuts floating around.iv had tthe chance to grow out one of the two and to be honest
I much prefer the exodus cheese cut that I have now.
The thing that interests me most and why i need to find the other cut, is because the way some people describe her as being prefered over the exodus.!
Trouble nowi think is that theres been many a seed company producing strains from the blues cutting .
Life is like a box of chocolates
Vh
I was one of them, the blues i had was better than exodus(not by far though), more frost, more vigorous, and a little stronger.

Is she related to Cheese? Pardon my ignorance
i think she is, most peoples would not make the differance between both by smoking them.

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
there is 100% 2 blues cuts in circulation... im pretty sure the majority have got there cut from members on forums claiming to have the sheff blues cut but also im led to believe the sheff blues and livers are 2 different cuts

we used to get 2 batches of sheff blues 1 was average and 1 was phenominal.. I personally traced the phenominal batch back to the cutting it came from ..

the sheff blues I have and exodus are very easy to tell apart on terps and flava although they are both from the same sk#1 seeds of the time their sisters just different phenos

ive had both the exodus and sheff blues flowers side by side and ill pick the sheff blues all day long over the exodus even though the exodus is a phenominal plant but also I just think its preference...

the taste of the sheff blues is waaaaaaay more danker dirtier rotten foul toe curling than the exodus..

sheff blues has really thin sativa leaves on an afghan plant...

JIyqF8zl.jpg

4WyqmgNl.jpg

XRY1kKQl.jpg

these are proper exodus cheese bud ... ive side by sided both of them and sheff blues allll daaaay long for me..

p8dX7G0l.jpg

pZTO3FYl.jpg

mack 10

Veteran
good to see you brother Coxnox.

ive got so many pics to choose from its unreal ... especially on this cut ...

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

nice pix! love the last one.

COMPLIMENTS TO THE CHEF
very nice.

Thanks for kicking this off mack

Is she related to Cheese? Pardon my ignorance

no problem mate. i would say they are def related in some way,
the growth traits are just to strong, leaf shape, smell, taste, harvest time,
zigzag growth etc. i would think they are early 90's skunks,
for sure some great plants came out around that time.
Holland was really blowing up the grow scene back then.

From legend, it was found by Mr Livers from a pack of Skunk no1.

Is this an outdoor plant?

no mate, just outdoor for the pic.

over the years i've grown many Blues cuts from many places.
there are subtle differences between them.
i love the complex fruity,berry, hashy, funky, skunky mix of flavours
and the great happy, dreamy high.
which is where i prefer her over the cheese's more mongy high.
Flavour on some proper cheese is next level for sure.

needs some serious smell control if going out.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Years ago I got a cut from elevatorman he said was the Sheffield blues,, at this point I was growing Brightsides Cheese and swapping it for the blues from a guy called Don who sold weed to fat kneck and the happy Mondays,,they just called it blues,,it was identical to the cut elevatorman gave me,, beautiful weed, way better beyond than cheese imo

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
The sheff blues and the exodus are sisters the same as chem - d chem91 chem sis chem#4 just different phenos from a batch of seeds that were available at the time.. 80s/90s skunk#1 in this case

If i had never smoked the sheff blues i would 100% be growing the exodus clone as she is superior in her own right and makes all the headlines for the right reasons although she does get so many people trying to cash in on the name and soooooo many people think they have something they dont...the same way many old skool cuts are and because of all the bullshit that goes on people will hold on to their prized possesions which makes them harder to get and thats where the fakers come in....

The thing with the sheff blues is not many people really know that cut and she's not shouted about as much as her sister/s.... once you have tasted the floral/lavender sweet chemical dirty pungent dank of the exodus the next logical step if you want more extreme is to meet her sister the sheff blues who at 9 weeks is the most dirtiest sweatiest sweetest aniseed berry chemical dirty rotten foul dog shit lemony gassy hashy toe curling dank ive ever smoked with the most complex set of terps ive ever had and she can be a fuking white knuckle ride if you aint used to smoking cannabis....

Can easily take her from week 7 but as stated 9 weeks is where you want her the same as all good skunks should be ... 6 7 8 tones the effects down but she never loses flava

Somethings just dont change in the cannabis scene and the old skool elite clones are 1 of them...

As always...

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Elevatorman said he thought blues was sk1 x bigbud,,, but I can't say I see it myself,,, anyone remember elevatormans mistery cut aka "the smelly one"

Happy Times

the sheff blues I have and exodus are very easy to tell apart on terps and flava although they are both from the same sk#1 seeds of the time their sisters just different phenos

Cool to know they are seed sisters from Sk1

I used to always think Blues had some kind of blueberry in it from the name. Not the case!

V

ValleyHill

The sheff blues and the exodus are sisters the same as chem - d chem91 chem sis chem#4 just different phenos from a batch of seeds that were available at the time.. 80s/90s skunk#1 in this case

If i had never smoked the sheff blues i would 100% be growing the exodus clone as she is superior in her own right and makes all the headlines for the right reasons although she does get so many people trying to cash in on the name and soooooo many people think they have something they dont...the same way many old skool cuts are and because of all the bullshit that goes on people will hold on to their prized possesions which makes them harder to get and thats where the fakers come in....

The thing with the sheff blues is not many people really know that cut and she's not shouted about as much as her sister/s.... once you have tasted the floral/lavender sweet chemical dirty pungent dank of the exodus the next logical step if you want more extreme is to meet her sister the sheff blues who at 9 weeks is the most dirtiest sweatiest sweetest aniseed berry chemical dirty rotten foul dog shit lemony gassy hashy toe curling dank ive ever smoked with the most complex set of terps ive ever had and she can be a fuking white knuckle ride if you aint used to smoking cannabis....

Can easily take her from week 7 but as stated 9 weeks is where you want her the same as all good skunks should be ... 6 7 8 tones the effects down but she never loses flava

Somethings just dont change in the cannabis scene and the old skool elite clones are 1 of them...

As always...
Ffs do you have to !

I need this girl in my life
Vh

J

jaded1

Did anyone on here ever have the mystery cut?Used to be a fave of mine,that pear drops and acetone smell was unmistakable.

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
Did anyone on here ever have the mystery cut?Used to be a fave of mine,that pear drops and acetone smell was unmistakable.

You sure thats not the psycosis cut... im trying to get her back..... i was recently sent the psyco-berry (psycosis x blueberry male) but it did'nt cut the mustard

The psycosis did smell of pear drops but undoubtly she is a 9 week haze not a skunk...

Deffinatly no blueberry in sheff blues... i thought she was called blues because in the 90s blues was a very popular word in the uk...

Blues parties were massive where everybody was popping those blue pills and smoking weed but then to find a strain which has the same effects as those pills but its natural it was called the sheffield blues...

In my ends all the rastas were having blues parties in the 80s 90s where obvuously the exodus and sheff blues and ammy were the staple choices back then..

This is just my opinion and it makes sense aa it fits that era soooo well the same as the exodus story..

80s ans 90s was where it was at bro... cannabis has only really gone backwards since then..

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's not easy to say they are full sib, half sib, etc,, but they definitely exibit similar traits,,

i have in the past mixed a crop and not been able to separate it entirely when mixed and in jars

Latest posts

Latest posts