What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

upgrading to digital ballast, which bulbs?

ThePizzaMan

Veteran
Hey d00ds

Thinking of going with a 600w quantum or nextgen...but I am not sure about which bulbs would be the best. I plan on vegging as well as flowering...is there a bulb that will allow me to do both efficiently?

Sun Pulse bulbs? Which bulbs do you run?

Thanks

TPM

skunktoker

I use the sunmaster cool deluxe and the sunmaster super HPS and they work awesome in my quantums never had any issues ............ST

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
currently using sunpulse. only place I could find 250 MH digital

ushios are popular

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I ordered a 400w burns anything Phantom digital 4 days ago just so I could use Sunpulse. It sure does read like a good light, a little better spectrum than my Phillips CMH plus it has some UV coming out, enough the plant can actually see it...maybe, but thats the only reason I spent money on a digital.

After it gets used I may be singing a different tune, but with totally zero experience this is my choice.

ThePizzaMan

Veteran
Re: upgrading to digital ballast, which bulbs?

Thanks bro's, going with a nextgen 600, daystar hood..and digilux bulb. Thanks for the replies

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk