What's new

New growth curling upwards

Hi guys,

So I don't know if Ive just not noticed before now but it looks like some of the new growth and secondary leaves are canoeing or curling upward whatever you want to call it. Does this look like an environmental issue or does it look normal? I'm growing in coco feeding 1.2 Ec everyday plants are about 22 days old from rooted clone. Im running 4 315 cmh lights in a 8x8.

None of the lower leaves really have this curling it just seems to be all the newer growth. Any takers??

Attachments

• IMG_1382.jpg
    IMG_1382.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1383.jpg
    IMG_1383.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1385.jpg
    IMG_1385.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 17
Temps and RH are about 77/50 lights on 75/55 lights off. I was using calmag with pretty much every feeding even though I use 140ppm tap water and Canna nutes and medium. I’ve stopped since I was told I didn’t need it with canna and tap water. It’s been about a week and they look better but still have some canoeing going on. But they look healthy otherwise and are praying like a son of a gun all day everyday.

troutman

Seed Whore
Maybe once the lights go out try misting a little clean water onto them.
Indoor plants can use a little shower sometimes and outdoors get rain to
wash off with. Don't give them misting showers in flowering tough.

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Hi guys,

So I don't know if Ive just not noticed before now but it looks like some of the new growth and secondary leaves are canoeing or curling upward whatever you want to call it. Does this look like an environmental issue or does it look normal? I'm growing in coco feeding 1.2 Ec everyday plants are about 22 days old from rooted clone. Im running 4 315 cmh lights in a 8x8.

None of the lower leaves really have this curling it just seems to be all the newer growth. Any takers??

- What is the pH?

The woody stems and purple leafstems would indicate lack of potassium or K uptake. NPK and Mg are locked at low pH's.

Just keep the pH in pure coco at 6.0 throughout, and you won't have any problem.

The curled leaves may also indicate pH issues.

- What else other than coco are the plants growing in?

The pots look like they have perlite on top.

webwiller

Magnesium deficiency?!

Magnesium deficiency?!

I'm no expert, therefore don't take my word for the truth. But I'm having an issue with 2 of my girls and I spent the last few days studying deficiencies.
If environmental factors are fine (as it seems, reading previous posts) it looks to me like early signs of a magnesium deficiency.
I know nothing about you and your plants but having studied tons of material, pics and videos, when I came across these pics they looked to be identical to the ones in the 3d.

Reading this "Deficiencies, Pests, Fungus & Molds Compendium" I came across two similarities for your kind of plant appearance. One is a Magnesium deficiency, which doesn't necessarily mean you did not give it enough Mg but also MG could be locked out for PH issues or by other nutes too!

Check it out: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=11688

In post #2 you find Magnesium Def. with a pic.

Further down in the 3d you see damages made by cold as not all strains are keen to colder temperatures (Sativas in particular). Warm days with cold nights can resemble a Mg. issue as well, especially in young plants.

Wish you 'n your babies the best!
Ciao ;)

PS: Let us know how it goes!

Latest posts

Latest posts