What's new

Herm's first go at coco

hermdog

I have time for one last run before renewing my card, so I decided to try out coco.
Running Grow A+B in bagged canna coco and things are off to a good start, nearing end of week 1 of a 10 week veg period.

The plants spend their time under T5 overnight and are brought into the flower room to share a 1,000 HPS with flowering plants during the day.

All strains are regular seed, Going to select a few males to continue my personal seed collection before culling the rest before flower.

Strains are -
Lung Candy
Cantaloupe Skunk
GG#4 x Long Bottom Leaf
Agent Orange
Tahoe OG
Girl Scout Cookies Forum Cut

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
I have time for one last run before renewing my card, so I decided to try out coco.
Running Grow A+B in bagged canna coco and things are off to a good start, nearing end of week 1 of a 10 week veg period.

The plants spend their time under T5 overnight and are brought into the flower room to share a 1,000 HPS with flowering plants during the day.

All strains are regular seed, Going to select a few males to continue my personal seed collection before culling the rest before flower.

Strains are -
Lung Candy
Cantaloupe Skunk
GG#4 x Long Bottom Leaf
Agent Orange
Tahoe OG
Girl Scout Cookies Forum Cut

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=57581&pictureid=1539450&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=57581&pictureid=1539449&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=57581&pictureid=1539448&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Looking good so far. It will take a while to get them interested in posting. Update photos often will help

chronosync

Well-stoned member
subbed.

cant wait to see what you do with it. keep us posted :) im in the middle of my first grow/first coco grow. if you need any real questions answered about coco look for cocosativas as i know he likes the canna coco stuff.

some clones i just started in coco

hermdog

Thanks you guys!
I'll be sure to post often once things get exciting.
My mind is constantly brainstorming, I might end up doing the coco run vert, I have a 10x10 with almost as much headroom.

Here's what soil plants are taking up space in flower while the coco babies veg. A fun run of GSC and OG S1s which I'm trying to pick through for solid phenos.
No sign of intersex on the cookies, two squat dough smelling phenos and one tall sweet cherry smelling.
I did pollinate the top of the cherry pheno with some Tahoe S2 pollen for some more rainy day crosses.

This last soil run was either going to be my Agent Orange F2s, or these bag seeds, since Indicas are my medicine of choice I rolled the dice. I've only found a single seeded branch and none in the single OG I harvested.
Having an eagle eye for the few sacs that have popped up payed off.

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

hermdog

I know I'm up for a job hand watering these, but with such different strain profiles I can't see a one size fits all amount of feeding from a rez.
I want to ask about container size and type,
I have a number of different styles from over the years of soil.
With the two month veg I hope to have well established root systems in 2gals with several waterings/feedings every day in flower.
What sort root growth might rhizo give me in veg over only A+B with wet and dry cycles to encourage the roots to ball?
And should I toss aside my favorite airpots in favor of fabric pots?

Took down an OG at day 50 since samples tested well for insomnia, she didn't show intersex traits so this pheno hopefully lives on.
I ran heavy pearlite in ocean forest this last soil grow, it made it easy to cut out and clean the rootball which I transplanted to coco today. I left 20 or so smaller bud sites, hopefully the roots take to loving the coco and she revegges.
Wasn't too much a hassle running S1s of clone onlys to find some stable keepers.
I can't wait to see what they look and grow like in coco.

hermdog

A couple weeks in and I wish I would have went with coco years ago.
Every plant smells like a jar of cured bud. :biggrin:

I thought I'd try revegging and cloneing in coco and I have 100% success so far. Just giving them the same amount of A+B and vegging them along with the seedlings.

I don't think I'll have to lose any more plants to failed cloning.

picture.php

Tahoe revegging, already has roots shooting from the bottom.
picture.php

hermdog

Here's how the vegging coco round is doing.

Lung Candy female freshly repotted in a 3gal fabric.
picture.php

A rooted cutting of my Agent Orange selection.
picture.php

Revegging a frosty Tahoe S1 that failed to show intersex.
I washed off the soil from the root ball and repotted in coco.
Several of the S1 Tahoe and GSC will get a run in coco, I'm impressed with them, I can't choose keepers yet.
picture.php

A couple phenos I'm keeping tabs on, neither show male flowers.
I want to see these genetics with a longer veg and in coco.
picture.php

picture.php

chronosync

Well-stoned member
I wanna see those genetics do that too! Look great as is. Any improvement and ill be dropping a jaw. Everything looks really healthy. Cant wait to see!

What are those there btw

Last edited:

hermdog

Top cola is a GSC forum cut S1, bottom is a Tahoe S1,
Here's a few nugs off that tahoe, short veg and too soon into flowering and still the yield and quality are pleasing me.
Very earthy mouth coating flavor, very indica in effect.
I'm happy I rolled the dice on S1 seeds, I found a cookie keeper and maybe three Tahoe phenos, all with very different aromas, wet earth, pine, and slightly citrus and earth.

Could have gone another week or two, but I wanted to get to reveg her for the coco run. The density and potenty are on par with the bud the seeds came from anyhow. Lowers would have benefited but they're branches again. :dance013:

picture.php

picture.php

Same plant
picture.php

Here's a sad one, a Tahoe 6 weeks in, wreaks of black licorice but it's one of the hermies.
picture.php

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Beautiful plants i love the way GSC has a thick sensation its all i can say. The gg4 i sampled was like that seroously felt like glue in my throat.

hermdog

Thank you, chronosync
GSC is a pretty heavy strain from what I've grown and sampled, GG4 is another of my favs, I lost my clones so the GG4xLBL are exciting to be pheno hunting.
I've found the leaf crinkle pheno already.

Is this kind of frost coverage typical of the Tahoe cut?

picture.php

picture.php

hermdog

picture.php

Dialed in with temp, RH, and air movement so far for the coco plants in veg, I need to transplant the others up soon though.

hermdog

An exciting post for me, signed a new patient to my caregiver card and my first batch of coco plants is going 12/12 this week.
Bringing in another 1k hps, estimating the plant stretch will fill in about 8x4. When I transplanted from 16oz to 2/3gals I took the root balling cycle as a chance to pinch and train all the supple plants main stems back and all the branches forward.

Mota Rebel's Lung Candy in a 3 gal, 8 week veg
picture.php

One of the unique GG4xLBL phenos
I think this one might be a glue leaner, another has more present leaf crinkle and odor, a few look very OG and smell like the lemony long bottom leaf father plant.
picture.php

Everything crammed under 1k, before I get them settled under 2k.
There's a sativa leaning Agent Orange f2 far right that will play dad in a few crosses in a few weeks, I already collected GG4xLBL pollen.
picture.php

One of the Tahoe OG reveg plants in a 3 gal, I cut away some sucker branches along the bottom, the branches are thicker than the original main stalk, going to see how they do as is. took some nice clones. I don't expect much stretch, hopefully they give me a couple ounces and don't need any staking.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

siegoldie

nice one with the re-veg , they do yield well I've done a good few but have had to thin them out with all the branches they put out

Latest posts

Latest posts