What's new

Time machine

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
Hello, if you got a time machine, do you go in the future or in the past? I prefer the past, my 3 Options (3 are to little ;) ) are,:

1. the crucification of Jesus, how did he really looking, did he exist?(Alternative the City of Rome year 0)

2. go back in the mid 60´s, how did my parents look, our flat, my hometown (Alternative my hometown 1944, before bombing and destroying by the Allies)

3. the battle of Kursk 1943, the greatest tank battle in history
(Alternative Sparta against Xerxes)

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
I'd go back to Atlantis era, or sometime that pre dates our time frame of human history. I kind of feel humans have been around much longer than scientists let on. I'd also like to go back to maybe 15,000 years ago and poke around Puma Punku in the Andes.

vostok

Veteran
800px-Delorean_dmc12_rear.jpg

My time machine goes forward and reverse
just avoid messing up anything important​

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
I would go back into the past, which is why I dress like Marty from Back to the Future. Just in case, you know?

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
past also.

1.) I would eliminate the Rotheschilds.
2.) then do the same to the pope.
3.) like to see the pyramids constructed.
4.) witness moses receiving the commandments...
5.) rescue jesus from Pilot.

vostok

Veteran
I'm with Brunch^^^ ...back 2 weeks, for the lotto, then back to donate to my old man ....lol
then 10k into the future..for holidays ...lol

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
i'd go back about 500 years with my seed stash,a huge tackle box and a few fishing poles.

some good acid and a case of chem-lights might help too

i'm pretty sure getting along with the natives would be easy enough once we understood each other

NW Wheeze

I wonder about this regularly. I suppose it is a product of smoking too much.

The great minds throughout history, could they be time travelers from the future? How the hell did folks like Tesla and Einstein come up with the shit they did?

I am at a point where I am dissillusioned with humanity. So, there is no way in hell I would go back in time. Possibly go forward to a point where we figured out "ourselves" where we stop squabbling over stupid shit. I think this will happen if we ever figure out how to leave this planet efficiently (cheap clean energy). Until then we will fight over natural resources or who's God is better. It will only get worse as the population goes up.

Can I just trade the Time Machine for a Stargate? Then I can get the eff out of here first!

To answer the OP's question though. I would redefine what it means to be a big game hunter. Go on safari in the real Jurassic Park... and kick Hitler in the balls on the way back after every trip.

kaochiu

Veteran
15th August 1891. Altoona, Pennsylvania. 23.30pm. Robert J. and Rosa Christiana are ready to have sex, when suddenly a time machine crashes through their ceiling...

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Well since I'm driving the machine and could come and go as I pleased, I'd go to the past and into the future.
The past-
11/1980- Stop my first marriage.
1958-meet my dads dad. Sounds like he was an interesting guy

The future-
Lottery numbers for the really big powerballs and winners of various sporting events
Far enough into the future to get the cure for cancer, MS, MD, and other life ending/altering diseases and fill an early patent and cash out!!

NW Wheeze

Meeting old family is an interesting idea. I would have liked to party with my Grandparents back in the day. I have seen some crazy Polaroids and 'old timey' film (8mm?) of their parties.

A time machine would also redefine the way we looked at landrace genetics. Go get me some OG Pangea!

Was there an ideal time period to grow? I remember something about vastly different atmospheric chemistry as the earth has aged.

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
Very nice ideas in this thread. Sad that my english is so little. Yesterday evening I had lots of ideas, one was in the 1920s, searching for Hashish in Hamburg/Germany and testing the Quality.:yummy: