What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Are You Eating Right Now!!!

shithawk420

Veteran
Last night's dinner was venison steaks, garden broccoli , home made sauerkraut , my own fermented hot sauce and local beach plum jelly along with an avocado with vinaigrette ..
View attachment 18898027
oh man.that looks awesome.homemade kraut too?ive been looking into fermented hot sauce.is the venison something you hunted?cant beat that when it comes to homemade meal.gotta give that 4.5 stars out of 5.trust me.it dont get any higher when i give a rating.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Thanks, SH420. We try to be as self sufficient as possible. I hunt for 75 -80 % of the meat we eat, grow , can and ferment most of our own vegetables. make our own jellies , trade with our neighbors for honey from their bees etc. No processed foods if we can help it.
Next year when I start raising animals on my new property Ill be raising meat chickens, rabbits and maybe a couple pigs for the freezer.

shithawk420

Veteran
Thanks, SH420. We try to be as self sufficient as possible. I hunt for 75 -80 % of the meat we eat, grow , can and ferment most of our own vegetables. make our own jellies , trade with our neighbors for honey from their bees etc. No processed foods if we can help it.
Next year when I start raising animals on my new property Ill be raising meat chickens, rabbits and maybe a couple pigs for the freezer.
i took some college beekeeping courses but unfortunatly our apiary swarmed and it was all for naught.but i learned a lot and it was a great experience

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Tonight's dinner was venison backstrap medallions , brown rice and beans along with avocado with balsamic vinegar and a cup of warm chaga tea. Kept it simple tonight.
IMG_5505.jpg

I just realized that photo looks like some demented Cookie Monster or something. LOL

I found a big chunk of chaga growing on a white birch a few weeks ago.
It weighed maybe two lbs. after I dried it.
IMG_5507.jpg

shithawk420

Veteran
I'm allergic to bee stings otherwise I'd have my own. I dont mind honey and bumble bees , they are docile enough. But wasps and yellow jackets are assholes.
yeah i dont mess with those arseholes but honey bees and bumble bees dont mean no harm.only time i got got stung by a honey bee was in the middle of winter and i had to go check on an apiary to see if they were still alive.i figured they were but it wasnt mine and i was the only person that knew what they were doing.well they were alive and they were pissed! lol only got a couple stings.dont know what happened after that but unless im friends with someone im not doing it again for free

Cuddles

Tonight's dinner was venison backstrap medallions , brown rice and beans along with avocado with balsamic vinegar and a cup of warm chaga tea. Kept it simple tonight.
View attachment 18898258
I just realized that photo looks like some demented Cookie Monster or something. LOL

I found a big chunk of chaga growing on a white birch a few weeks ago.
It weighed maybe two lbs. after I dried it.
View attachment 18898259
I just looked it up. It´s suppose to really healthy AND very expensive to purchase. You´re very lucky you found some yourself! :) :)

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I'm allergic to bee stings otherwise I'd have my own. I dont mind honey and bumble bees , they are docile enough. But wasps and yellow jackets are assholes.
i'd love to have bees myself. i'd also like to kill the last red wasp and yellowjacket...