Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > New Growers > First time grow- Birthday cake, Chemmy jones. Need expert opinions.

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Seedsman for Cannabis Seeds
First time grow- Birthday cake, Chemmy jones. Need expert opinions. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-23-2017, 01:15 AM #21
Lester Beans
Frequent Flyer

Lester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant future
You just fed the plants again?

That's a good thing. You will see the buds start to fill out in the next couple weeks. Another 6-7 weeks until harvest.

Keep posting pics weekly and we will help make sure you have a good harvest.
Lester Beans is offline Quote

Old 08-23-2017, 01:19 AM #22
SageOfSixPaths

SageOfSixPaths is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester Beans View Post
You just fed the plants again?

That's a good thing. You will see the buds start to fill out in the next couple weeks. Another 6-7 weeks until harvest.

Keep posting pics weekly and we will help make sure you have a good harvest.
Yes just fed them 10 spikes each of 6/12/6 miracle grow flower nutrients. Will this be enough nutrients for the remainder of the grow? Also will the buds grow large enough where i would need some supports like a tomatoe cage? Sorry im really new at this.
SageOfSixPaths is offline Quote

Old 08-23-2017, 05:57 AM #23
packerfan79

packerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant future
I would stay away from miracle gro, in the future. So far they look ok. I doubt you are going to get premium bud, but they are decent size should yield ok. The first 3-4 weeks of flower are kinda boring, they should start filling out soon. I would be careful taking plants in and outside. Plants need a consistent dark cycle, if they don't get it they will herm like crazy.
packerfan79 is offline Quote

Old 08-23-2017, 06:10 AM #24
SageOfSixPaths

Quote:
Originally Posted by packerfan79 View Post
I would stay away from miracle gro, in the future. So far they look ok. I doubt you are going to get premium bud, but they are decent size should yield ok. The first 3-4 weeks of flower are kinda boring, they should start filling out soon. I would be careful taking plants in and outside. Plants need a consistent dark cycle, if they don't get it they will herm like crazy.
Why wouldn't i get premium bud? They are designer strains and have been taken real good care of. Also whats the deal with miracle grow? Im new to this. The budlets look frosty and the birthday cake smells like a box of fruity pebbles. The chemmy jones smells like lemons and dank lol. Jut curious as to how this isnt gonna turn to premium bud, seems like it is already :/ my photos suck through this site btw. I need the cold hard truth so no hard feelings, i just want to learn.

Old 08-23-2017, 07:14 AM #25
packerfan79

packerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageOfSixPaths View Post
Why wouldn't i get premium bud? They are designer strains and have been taken real good care of. Also whats the deal with miracle grow? Im new to this. The budlets look frosty and the birthday cake smells like a box of fruity pebbles. The chemmy jones smells like lemons and dank lol. Jut curious as to how this isnt gonna turn to premium bud, seems like it is already :/ my photos suck through this site btw. I need the cold hard truth so no hard feelings, i just want to learn.
Sorry if I came across as a dick. Not my intentions. Your not the first person who is convinced that experienced growers are wasting money on quality nutrients, and medium.
Agreed photos here are crap if not taken with some photo skills, of which I have none.

Miracle gro is a rough chemical fertilizer. Very hard to properly flush with miracle gro.you want great bud, their are a few ways. The best way is to build a super soil get it tested and make adjustments as needed, or get a decent salt based or organic nutrient line and use a good bagged soil. Happy frog, roots 707 , vermifire are all good. If you are buying your soil at home depot, don't. At least get some ph drops

So their is the cold hard truth. Don't get discouraged. I thought I was going to make a fortune in my garage, still waiting for the fortune. I do have a large quantity of terrific bud. And I can support a family of 5 from this venture.

Good luck and happy growing.
packerfan79 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-28-2017, 05:49 PM #26
SageOfSixPaths

Update:
I think they look great. The birthday cake is budding hard and the chemmy jones is about to start. Any comments please let me know. Also what should i expect in yeild (ball park guess of course) thanks guys
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	15039316589151351773246.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	425729 Click image for larger version

Name:	15039316781262123665282.jpg
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	425730 Click image for larger version

Name:	15039316966991602125144.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	425731 Click image for larger version

Name:	1503931721509117272249.jpg
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	425732

Old 08-28-2017, 06:13 PM #27
Trichomez1

Trichomez1 will become famous soon enough
They need nutrients badly, they should be dark green yours ware way too light green indicating lack of nitrogen, why put all that time in, but not spend 15 bucks on nutes. Without nutes you will get very little.
Trichomez1 is offline Quote

Old 08-28-2017, 06:16 PM #28
Trichomez1

Trichomez1 will become famous soon enough
In the pics you have no bottom leaves beccause your plants ate them trying to stay alive. You cann getbmice bud without nutes, but id want a lot of nice bud and thats where nutes help.
Trichomez1 is offline Quote

Old 08-28-2017, 07:06 PM #29
SageOfSixPaths

They are in the flower stage, nitrogen runs out and the leaves turn yellow naturally. Ive feed them plenty for a furst time grow. Im happy and thats what counts so thanks

Old 08-28-2017, 07:07 PM #30
SageOfSixPaths

Also itrimmed the bottom leaves before flower soooo yea :/