What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

12/12 from seed help

DoDad

I have rethought several things in all this.

LST kicks so much ass, I can't imagine giving it up and 12/12 from seed still gives me time to grow some decent veg.

I have a 5' tent and am considering breaking it down and packing it away for a cabinet that is only 2.5' tall. LST makes that possible.

I have been growing these plants almost 45 days and they are only 5" tall but each plant has 8-15 buds sites. I couldn't grow that many bud sites in this length of time just topping.

I thought the downside would be that I was sending the plant into flower, then had to revert it to reveg. Lst allowed me to grow bud sites I could have cloned long before they went into flower.

So far, 12/12 from seed and LST has been a winning combo.

Lexort420

I have rethought several things in all this.

LST kicks so much ass, I can't imagine giving it up and 12/12 from seed still gives me time to grow some decent veg.

I have a 5' tent and am considering breaking it down and packing it away for a cabinet that is only 2.5' tall. LST makes that possible.

I have been growing these plants almost 45 days and they are only 5" tall but each plant has 8-15 buds sites. I couldn't grow that many bud sites in this length of time just topping.

I thought the downside would be that I was sending the plant into flower, then had to revert it to reveg. Lst allowed me to grow bud sites I could have cloned long before they went into flower.

And this is why i agree and support lst in the case of cfl growing. I was and am still willing to give it up if i can be given a good enough reason to but I just can't deny the success I had with it. I won't claim it gives more yield however I do think it helps make the most of the CFLs light

jedi5891

You can take Cuttings off plants that are in full bloom. I did read that they root quicker from flowering plants. If the plant you took cuttings from had started to flower, then the cuttings will have to mutate back to vegetive stage and will grow single bladed leaves whilst it's transitioning back to veg stage.
I've also heard many growers suggest that after 2 weeks of flowering the plant should be left to bloom out with as few problems an stress as possible. The vegetive stage is the time you really want to shape an train your girls. You can LST plants during bloom and this will encourage more budding sites an lateral growth.

Good luck

DoDad

I was and am still willing to give it up if i can be given a good enough reason to but I just can't deny the success I had with it. I won't claim it gives more yield however I do think it helps make the most of the CFLs light

I'm converted for damn sure. Is there a downside to LST?

al70

Veteran
Well it depends on if you want single cola or bush type. Personally on 12/12 from seed i've always let them do their own thing. A lot of times you will get pretty much single cola plants with few little pop corn side branches.

Something new that I have discovered (and do this at your own risk) is a method I have not gotten around to naming yet. You have to take a very very fine razor blade, like one taken out of a disposable razor, and look closely at the very tipity top of the plant.

May want to use a magnifying glass as well if you don't have good close up vision lol. In the top of the plant open up the newest small set of fan leaves and you will see a small budlet there.

This is where you need to be VERY careful and make SURE you use your blade just right. Slice directly down the center of that new budlet and slice only one side off.

Once recovered you will have EVERY piece of new growth forced to a huge single cola. No side buds or nothing, just a big ole central bud.

I am currently running an experiment using this method outdoors on some two week old seed plants put out on August 3rd. Once they take off and do what i've explained they shall do, I will take and post pictures.

I can't take full credit for this method but it honestly is a tight kept secret of an old hippie friend of mine. You can, if done right, veg a plant this way as long as you want and even get a half pound if not more single cola bud.

I know this sounds unbelievable but just give me time and I will show proof of the technique.

Good luck! :tiphat:
hi mountainbudz, that sounds like an interesting technique, i'd like to know more, goodluck.

Lexort420

Not that i have noticed. Only down side i guess if you can call it one would be that in flowering you will have to keep restraining your plant until the stretching is done and maybe less bottom growth but that would be due to CFLs lack of pentration though.

MicroRoy

If you are thinking of veging for a bit. May I suggest.

Check out Uncle Bens method too. My first grow was similar by accident. I wound up with more buds but smaller.

It's not low stress. But worth a look.

Last edited:

jedi5891

I'm converted for damn sure. Is there a downside to LST?

I would say only downside to LSTing is longer veg times. I honestly think you can achieve same yield with more plants an less veg time with Sea Of Green, done with the right genetics. It's all down to preference, space and ability of the grower. Try the manipulating on 1 plant or a few an leave some untouched to grow naturally, then see for yourself what's the difference. Don't try to complicate things too much, all you need is good genetics, medium, environment plus some love an good herb can be produced with good yields.
Peace n light

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
how do you know a plants stress level??? my plants only get high stress training as they are badasses....is there a plant shrink??????..I do winter and spring crops outside here in san diego..outside I don't do squat to plants...yeehaw... inside I almost never do 12/12 from seed but even then using hid I don't do squat to plants..if using floros I would be doing some type of training..

DoDad

I cut some clones put them in Rapid rooters, put them over to one side of the 4" pot and LST'd them. We'll see what happens in a couple of weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_8369.jpg
    IMG_8369.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8371.jpg
    IMG_8371.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 8

Latest posts

Latest posts