What's new

19th day of 12/12 no buds on some

DoDad

Today is my 19th day of 12/12 and only two of my plants are showing signs of buds. I don't have enough preflowers to even determine sex.

Three of my plants did show, one was male and got chopped. That leaves me 2 females and 4 unknowns that are nearly two feet tall and nearly 60 days old, 3 weeks in 12/12.

The good news is, these 4 are not showing male. The bad news is, they are not showing females. I would like to get these out of the tent and plant something else if they are not fems.

How much longer should I wait to see if they show?

W

wrapface

sometimes it takes a bit longer.
if you are sure there arent any light leaks i would wait another week , just giveem some time

DoDad

Still waiting... it's almost been 4 weeks of 12/12.

I'm not seeing anything I could verify as sex. I wonder if I did something during the grow to prevent them from flowering?

Gdood9

Any light leaks? Any lights from your equipment shining on them, like a red led on an A/C? What strains?

DoDad

It's one auto and some bag seed. I flipped and two plants went into flower but the rest haven't done squat.

I'm sure i have some light leaks but because some plants went into flower and some are not, I don't think that's my issue.

I guess it could still be vegging and it's not like I need the room right now.

They are two different bag seed strains and none of those are flowering and one auto that is not flowering.

One of my other autos is flowering, it's that same strain as the one that's not flowering.

They are all about the same age.

One of the bag seed plants did flower. It was a male and it got chopped, it's brothers or sisters in the tent have not shown sex as of yet. He is dried and gone.

DoDad

Here's one I think is showing male. I don't know which bag seed strain it is, or it could be an auto flower. The odds are it's a bag seed male.

I have an auto female in the tent and now a bag seed male. What kind of plant would result in this cross breeding?

Do you vote to just take the male out of the tent, chop it and keep the females in the tent pure?

Are we damn sure these photo's are showing this one to be male?

Attachments

• possiblemale.jpg
    possiblemale.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 8
  • possiblemale2.jpg
    possiblemale2.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 8

DoDad

I have a female too. 95% sure I see white hairs where they need to be. I "think" it's the same strain as this male because they grew the same.

Now I have a male and female of bag seed. Now what?

I have an auto flower in the tent along with another female I don't want pollinated so this male and female would have to be grown separately. I don't have space for that.

I guess I could clone the female bag seed plant and do away with the male. This is the second male I have grown for two months. I would rather not grow males.

DoDad

How much longer can I keep that male in the tent? I don;t want it pollinating. How much time do I have?

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Kill the male immediately. Unless you wanna continue to flower him in another room to save pollen. I just killed 3 males the other day. It broke my heart, and I was almost in tears. I just don't have the room for them right now, and no place to do a seed run.

DoDad

Kill the male immediately. Unless you wanna continue to flower him in another room to save pollen. I just killed 3 males the other day. It broke my heart, and I was almost in tears. I just don't have the room for them right now, and no place to do a seed run.

The only thing I want to save is 30 gallon trash bags full of buds.

Ok, that may be a bit much, I'll be happy to grow a zip on my first grow. Hell, I'm smoking males leaves and enjoying those. I'm a cheap date.

DoDad

It sure takes a lot less time to chop them than to grow them. That male is just a memory. I do keep the leaves, the stems and the roots and recycle the perlite/vermiculite.

Sad in a way that I had a matching female for him. The female I kept. A tall lanky Sativa that soon will be cloned.

For a guy that can only grow a few plants at a time. I really should grow feminized seeds or from clones. This is my first grow and I'm learning a lot.

B

bLoWsMokE

It seems that your plants are awefulyl dark green... too much N can prevent a plant from going into a flower.

B

bLoWsMokE

Ok sorry..... these are some of my first posts, I'm not seeing a way to edit, and I have a tendency to think of something else......

I'm gonna have to learn to wait to click.

ANYWAY, males tend to show themselves first before females do. In my experience the first plants that show anything are usually male, and anything left over brings me a little more hope.

It's never taken more than a week for me to tell though. I'm not a big sativa guy.

DoDad

The only ones that have not flowered are bag seeds. It's been over 30 days of 12/12 now and they are over 1 foot tall. I have other plants that were flipped at the same time and they are growing flowers, not just showing.

I about ready to pull these bag seed plants and put something else in their place as I don't think they may ever bud.

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Looks 90%+ male to me. 1st pic may have a stray pistil, 2nd pic has white streaks due to lighting. IMO both pics show lots of tiny male flowers.

M.R.GT

Veteran
yup those are nanners. wana to borrow my twezzers?

I agree looks like a pistil to me but hard to tell for sure kind of blended in.

Move you auto out aren't they supposed to flower regardless of light schedule. Then change your light schedule to 11on / 13 off to help induce.

I say move your auto out so you don't lose grow time on those.

Peace
GT

B

bLoWsMokE

also that "male" you killed on page 1 was a female. what you thought were balls were new leaves...there's a pistil in your first picture...so i dunno why you thought it was a male...

The first pic is definitely male. The second pic is a herm xD

Good example.

DoDad

Bag seed: I have grown some awesome stems and leaves. I saved them from Thrips, nursed them along into these great looking super healthy badass looking plants that won't grow flowers for shit or...in the exact same amount of time and effort I have two plants of known good genetics that are flowering their asses off.

This is my first grow I have learned a great deal and while I have killed more plants than I have grown, I was able to salvage two plants and it looks like I will have some bud to smoke in spite of all my errors.

What actually happened is that I killed all my good seeds except for two. I read where people were having some success with bag seed so I gave it a go to replace the ones I killed.

Just say no to bag seed is my new motto.

Latest posts

Latest posts