What's new

outa the closet n inta the tent

X

Xephier

about yield t wvwrutjj g wlae is dialed. Just wordh about

Sorry but there was bout a sentence of indecipherable jibba jabba there. It looks like you tripped with a box of scrabble or something >,> .

Even the OP said he's "just a beginner" so I won't let that stop me from shooting for the stars on my first yield. Since I got that PPM wand I've much reduced(if not eliminated) my issues with the bottom leaves dying after each watering. If that is resolved then I'm ready to roll. Getting the plants from A to B with minimal or no death would kinda bump me out of the newbie stage.

I just want to be sure about that "lollipopping" thing. Are you basically saying that once the plant is into flowering that you cut off all the leaves on it so that it focuses all of it's growth on the colas? I mean to me that sounds like it'd be kinda harsh to the plant, like it'd stress it to have all that cut off of it in a short time.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
I just want to be sure about that "lollipopping" thing. Are you basically saying that once the plant is into flowering that you cut off all the leaves on it so that it focuses all of it's growth on the colas? I mean to me that sounds like it'd be kinda harsh to the plant, like it'd stress it to have all that cut off of it in a short time.

Lollypopping is removing the bottom 1/3 or so of the plant. the part that doesnt get much light and would produce fluff.

I lollypop but not aggressively enough to call myself a lollypopper.

picture.php

picture.php

First run with this cut and it's a little finniky, so you can see some stress but I just wanted to show how I lollypop.

X

Xephier

Lollypopping is removing the bottom 1/3 or so of the plant. the part that doesnt get much light and would produce fluff.

I lollypop but not aggressively enough to call myself a lollypopper.

View Image

View Image

First run with this cut and it's a little finniky, so you can see some stress but I just wanted to show how I lollypop.

I actually looked up this video on lollypoping https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiIQfNQIqTQ

It gave me a good idea of it and from what I've looked up it seems as though it's best to do it about 8-10 days before the flowering cycle. Best description I've heard is that it's like removing the "skirt" so it's completely naked below the top "crown" since that stuff isn't going to see enough light to produce good quality stuff anyways.

al70

Veteran
I should have done that , I've a lot of real skinny branches that are producing little buds, the plants would have been better had they been removed, too late now, next time though.

maimunji

Hi al70 your tent looks full of buds just like sog. I always do lst on my plant. Now this is my first indoor grow but I grown from years under sun in pots in my terrace. I noticed sativa plants respond very well to lsting, toping, fiming, but indica need more time to veg because they doesn't want to stretch and this reduce yield. Defoliate also keep them small and you have a lot of height in your tent. Plants looks very healthy and if you let em grow next time you will hit more than what you expect.

Dready_jake

Sorry but there was bout a sentence of indecipherable jibba jabba there. It looks like you tripped with a box of scrabble or something >,> .

Even the OP said he's "just a beginner" so I won't let that stop me from shooting for the stars on my first yield. Since I got that PPM wand I've much reduced(if not eliminated) my issues with the bottom leaves dying after each watering. If that is resolved then I'm ready to roll. Getting the plants from A to B with minimal or no death would kinda bump me out of the newbie stage.

There stupid phone...... I redid it

I don't take leafs off unless necassrry as j feel they are the energy powerhouses. Even if the bud isn't in the light the fan leaf provides it energy. IMO.

It's about taking off inferior budsites, I leave the leafs and take off just the budsites. If its not a part of the cola it's typically inferior. IMO/ime. But some take off alot of leafs. Not me personally tho

The More leafs you leave under the canopy, (provided they aren't blocking airflow) the more opportunities to show an issue before you run out of leafs. If all you have is sugar leafs and you have an issue, your beautiful trim gets to display the issue.

Dready_jake

You should set up drippers like mine!
if you have a loop and equal line lengths they'll all feed evenly. Pic looks weird but I'm not changing anything for just one plant. Lol

But you can see the loop and the lineslines is the point of the pic. Took some figuring but this watered ended up watering too evenly. Lol

Let me explain. I was judging the water system off the biggest(favorite) plants. Making the slow veggers fall behind. They didn't like the same amount of water so I had to direct half the water out of the pot.(there are T's on the end of the lines to spread out the flow.)

al70

Veteran
Yeah a set up like that is definitely on the list of things to get, are the pumps noisy ?

Dready_jake

Nah. The hydro pumps I think are typically quieter than the air pumps for bubblers. But I cant hear either over the fans lol.

And I haven't gotten around to saying it in the coco thread but build your own! They're talking about buying water systems when they could build it for cheap.

X

Xephier

There stupid phone...... I redid it

I don't take leafs off unless necassrry as j feel they are the energy powerhouses. Even if the bud isn't in the light the fan leaf provides it energy. IMO.

It's about taking off inferior budsites, I leave the leafs and take off just the budsites. If its not a part of the cola it's typically inferior. IMO/ime. But some take off alot of leafs. Not me personally tho

The More leafs you leave under the canopy, (provided they aren't blocking airflow) the more opportunities to show an issue before you run out of leafs. If all you have is sugar leafs and you have an issue, your beautiful trim gets to display the issue.

I kinda hear what you're saying with me being a beginner and all but so far since I got the ppm meter I haven't been having the issues I was having with full leaves dying between watering or 2-4 leaves dying within 24 hours of watering. That PPM is a big one to keep in check and the blue labs thruncheon is 100% worth the 125-150 ya spend on it.
You say that the fan leaf provides it energy in your opinion.. I don't really find that opinions help the plant grow though. Is there any scientific evidence to back that theory or anyone that's got more experience or that knows more about the biology of MJ that can corroborate?
I'm not trying to be an ass or anything but I don't believe in using opinion based practices on my plants. I personally have an opinion that damaging my plant in any way is a bad idea and hate the idea of cutting up my babies but if lollypoping will for sure increase my yield then by Jove I'm going to do it.

X

Xephier

Al70, thems some good pictures of your plants but can you please open them in windows picture viewer and flip them right side up before uploading? I've gotta twist my head to the side to see them properly and my neck kinda hurts >,< .

al70

Veteran
Al70, thems some good pictures of your plants but can you please open them in windows picture viewer and flip them right side up before uploading? I've gotta twist my head to the side to see them properly and my neck kinda hurts >,< .
yeah, sorry bout that, laptop is f****d up I'm using I phone I'll get it sorted, goodluck

Dready_jake

xephier:
]I kinda hear what you're saying with me being a beginner and all but so far since I got the ppm meter I haven't been having the issues I was having with full leaves dying between watering or 2-4 leaves dying within 24 hours of watering. That PPM is a big one to keep in check and the blue labs thruncheon is 100% worth the 125-150 ya spend on it.
A ppm meter won't magicly increase your yield tho. Having a ppm meter is one part of properly cultivating plants of any kind.
You say that the fan leaf provides it energy in your opinion.. I don't really find that opinions help the plant grow though. Is there any scientific evidence to back that theory or anyone that's got more experience or that knows more about the biology of MJ that can corroborate?
scientific evidence? Of what leafs providing energy to the plants? I leave you to figure that one out. Some people pluck them some don't. Like I said ITS situational. If you have poor airflow then its in the best interest to open it up.

Im not trying to be an ass or anything but I don't believe in using opinion based practices on my plants. I personally have an opinion that damaging my plant in any way is a bad idea and hate the idea of cutting up my babies but if lollypoping will for sure increase my yield then by Jove I'm going to do it.

Experienced opinions like mine and the others around here will.

Were talking about the lowest buds that wouldn't get big anyway. The plant can then focus its energy on the true cola where the bulk of the weight is produced.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
a ppm/ec pen is no guarantee of success but it is very much recommended to use one when using coco... not so much for measuring feed strength but for slurry testing and measuring run off...

I think keeping cocos CEC just right is a worthy pursuit... certainly worth the money that a pen costs.. think mine was about 30 quid...

X

Xephier

a ppm/ec pen is no guarantee of success but it is very much recommended to use one when using coco... not so much for measuring feed strength but for slurry testing and measuring run off...

I think keeping cocos CEC just right is a worthy pursuit... certainly worth the money that a pen costs.. think mine was about 30 quid...

Quid? I spent real money on mine, like.. dollars, lol..

But ya, even for soil grow this wand has been invaluable. Going from having 2-4 leaves die off within a day or 2 of watering to having no death is a game changer for me. I have had the odd issue, it hasn't been all clear skies but in contrast it's nothing. Like a brown spot here and there, some leaves doing some odd curling and such; for the most part not enough to make me worry though.
I do have one plant that's growth stunted and getting brown spots on the upper leaves. I mean it's only 2-3 inches tall and it's been a month since I planted the seed. I think I transplanted from the jiffy a bit too soon, it's taking forever to dry out.
But ya, that's pretty much it for my issues. I'm pretty as ease compared to the stress I was dealing with before.

al70

Veteran
Quid? I spent real money on mine, like.. dollars, lol..

But ya, even for soil grow this wand has been invaluable. Going from having 2-4 leaves die off within a day or 2 of watering to having no death is a game changer for me. I have had the odd issue, it hasn't been all clear skies but in contrast it's nothing. Like a brown spot here and there, some leaves doing some odd curling and such; for the most part not enough to make me worry though.
I do have one plant that's growth stunted and getting brown spots on the upper leaves. I mean it's only 2-3 inches tall and it's been a month since I planted the seed. I think I transplanted from the jiffy a bit too soon, it's taking forever to dry out.
But ya, that's pretty much it for my issues. I'm pretty as ease compared to the stress I was dealing with before.
I agree, I scraped by without one so far, but necessary for diagnosing problems, goodluck

al70

Veteran
Starting to get very crowded in here now, saw some cloudy trichs through the loupe this morning, still throwing out white hair though, they might be ready to flush at the weekend, the last pic is of the sativa dominant that I got free with my order, she's fat, can't wait to smoke her

Latest posts

Latest posts