What's new

How to maximized yield

N3W

If we take out from the equation all of the factors except number of ladies per fixed area and as a consequence the veg time, what you think will provide the best results in terms of yield.

Just finished my first run in coco, 1.2x1.2, 600W, 16 pots, total dry 375g, not as good as I was expecting (same setup, 9 pots , soil yield 350-400g)

Granger2

Veteran
To increase yield you could go to 1000w which would give your 1.2mx 1.2 m space a near perfect 67w/sq.ft.

Right now with a 600w your running a borderline low of 40w/sq.ft.

Keep the plants about 3'-3.5' height max. Good luck. -granger

Nichead

Looks like you're doing pretty good already. I get about 330-440g per 600 with 4 plants under a parabolic hood, 3-4oz's a plant. After trying everything else, it seems like you get the same yield per light no matter how many plants you use; so I just keep it legal.

If you don't want to increase the wattage, it may be time to hunt for some high yield keeper phenotypes. I hope to increase my yield with my latest favorite strain, should at least get a consistent 400g per 600.

EastCoast710

well.. in reality. strain.. could be changed... did u do the first grow in soil with the new bulb and then used same bulb for coco next run and got less then expected. lol.. could explain it..

N3W

To increase yield you could go to 1000w which would give your 1.2mx 1.2 m space a near perfect 67w/sq.ft.

Right now with a 600w your running a borderline low of 40w/sq.ft.

Keep the plants about 3'-3.5' height max. Good luck. -granger

Can't pump my W to 1000 as I have 2 600w running and my bill is much above average. About the height, they are. 2.5-3'.

Looks like you're doing pretty good already. I get about 330-440g per 600 with 4 plants under a parabolic hood, 3-4oz's a plant. After trying everything else, it seems like you get the same yield per light no matter how many plants you use; so I just keep it legal.

If you don't want to increase the wattage, it may be time to hunt for some high yield keeper phenotypes. I hope to increase my yield with my latest favorite strain, should at least get a consistent 400g per 600.

I think that you are right , need new phenotype. It's a shame cuz I really like my AK47

well.. in reality. strain.. could be changed... did u do the first grow in soil with the new bulb and then used same bulb for coco next run and got less then expected. lol.. could explain it..

I had more that one run in soil, and only one run in coco. Regarding the bulb, I'm using the same type of bulb in the past 4 years with great results. Change it every 6 months of 12/12. The coco run had 2 months old bulb

mowood3479

Veteran
What was ur watering/fertigate schedule?
Perhaps increase the fertigwtions and keep the coco wet...
If u water coco like soil it performs like soil....
If ur already doing multiple feeds a day then idk?

N3W

What was ur watering/fertigate schedule?
Perhaps increase the fertigwtions and keep the coco wet...
If u water coco like soil it performs like soil....
If ur already doing multiple feeds a day then idk?

In the first 2-3 weeks of flowering- watered 3 times (only during light, first time with light on than after 4 hours and again after 4 hours). Ppm was 500-650 on 0.5 scale
From week 4 till the end i watered 6 times during light (0,1,2,4,6,8,10) and ppm was up to 850-900 (EC~1.7)

N3W

A perfect environment is more important than watts

Yes, you are probably right
This is why I asked how can I improve my environment and not get a larger bulb of new mother. I know that my environment is far from been perfect, but in my situation at the moment I can't fix it.
So if I can get the perfect light/temp/humidity/air flow , and don't really want to change mother, I'm asking if more pots or less pots will work better in coco

doob

what bulb brand and reflector are you using?
air changes good?
size pots?
what temperature water are you using to feed them?

Does sound like strain but some other things could be better perhaps

N3W

what bulb brand and reflector are you using?
air changes good?
size pots?
what temperature water are you using to feed them?

Does sound like strain but some other things could be better perhaps

Air: TD silent 800 m3/hr
Tent : 1.2x1.2x2m
Pot: 6.5 liters. ( after clones get the right amount of roots it's go directly into this pot , no transplantation was done in coco)
Water temp 17-20
Bulb: sylvania growlux 600W
Reflector

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 20
B

Baked Alaskan

If you have two tents, one for veg and one for flower, this will increase yearly yields a minimum of 25%.

Start your veg tent on 12/12 two weeks before you harvest your flower room. This way your plants are two weeks into flower and only need 6-8 weeks instead of 8-10 weeks in the flower room.

This only works if you have two tents (rooms). 25% yearly increase in yield is a big deal.

I had a seven week strain with seven harvests per year, when I started this I went to ten harvests per year. Two lb's a harvest, 14 lb to 20 lb. Same lights, floor space and I kept within a certain plant count.

This is by far the easiest way to guarantee a huge yield increase.

Latest posts

Latest posts