What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

difference in water and shaked hash

excon

i notice a very big difference in my water hash from the left overs and the shake i press

the water hash melts and is hard to smoke and the shaked one is nice and fluffy on heating

any pointers why and how to make the waterhash more smokable ?

Z

Ziggaro

Either use some some trees for it to soak into or get a better hash smoking device.
If you have real melty hash the nails for smoking oils work well.
If it don't bubble it ain't worth the trouble..
Sounds like the "fluffy" stuff is low quality with a lot of plant material/stalks

B

Baked Alaskan

I found with water made hash its better to let it dry naturally and not press the water out. With dry sift, I don't press it and it seems a bit fluffy (full melt with no plant matter).

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
microplane your waterhash
i use a "zester", like a super mini cheese grater

Resin23

Bake some Epsom salts at 400F for a couple hours making MgSO4, a desiccant. Fill a mason jar a quarter of the way up with it, break up the hash into small pieces, and place hash on a piece of foil or in a shot glass so it doesn't get any MgSO4 residue on it. Screw on the lid tightly, let it sit for a few days, and you will have dry bubble.