What's new

Mitch Connor's AF Corner!

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey guys,

I thought instead of having multiple single grow threads it would be a better idea to centralise all my AF shenanigans into one place.

So to start it off I'll show part of what I currently have in the works.

I've just moved house so have totally been on Auto-pilot (no pun intended :) ) with this grow, these are the first pictures I have had chance to take.

Secret Garden Seeds Secret Citrus @ day 35 from sprout
These have had about two days total darkness due to the move so may be a little behind but they seem happy enough.
As always with me they never get an easy ride!

I started 35, into 1 litre square pots
They were on 24/0 - 400w until they sexed ~ 21 days for the females, they were potted up into 6 litre square pots and given 600w MH on 18/6 for a week, then i switched to the HPS around day 28 - again 600w on 18/6

They took longer to sex than last round, and are not half as branchy as last time, I think being in closer confines with each other for longer may have prohibited their desire to branch out.

As you might see in the pictures they put out very broad leaves to begin with but as they kick into flowering some more sativa looking leaves emerge.

They are looking pretty uniform to me at this stage.
The tops of them are flat as a pancake which I kind of like!
I am yet to find my measure tape, but common sense tells me they are around 2.5 ft tall.

I think I have about 17 females but I need to double check that. As you can tell very hectic around here at present.

Thats it for now, but I have some Fruit Salad x Pinkbud started and the other half of this tent is an AF test grow I'm doing for someone on another forum.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

cheers, mitch

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
P.S I'm trying out a new soil on some this time, from Vitalink!

It looks and feels abit woodlandy, if that makes sense I'm not sure.

One problem I have with biobizz, is that it comes away from the sides of the pots and is difficult to re-wet if it gets a little dry, this makes it hard to water the plants evenly in a SOG arrangement.

Big Eggy

Veteran
P.S I'm trying out a new soil on some this time, from Vitalink!

It looks and feels abit woodlandy, if that makes sense I'm not sure.

One problem I have with biobizz, is that it comes away from the sides of the pots and is difficult to re-wet if it gets a little dry, this makes it hard to water the plants evenly in a SOG arrangement.

Hey Mitch.. have you tried adding a small amount of loam based compost to your mix? this might help with the rewetting.

Anyhow got this subbed love seeing your work!

Eggy

ps Smoke Report!!!!

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes I'm on it mate :) , I'm just in the process of writing a little grow report for the SC, then the smoke report will follow that. Just need to grab my friends notes too.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will check out what the ingredients to the vitalink soil are in comparison to the biobizz.

The biobizz isn't as difficult to re-wet in big pots, but when watering every 3/4 days in the 6L pots it can be a bitch.

I will get some more photos up in here soon.

Thanks for stopping by,

Big Eggy

Veteran
Sweet! don't want to pester but those buds and hash looked damm tasty! And i'm eager to know what you and your buddy thought.
Take it easy,
Eggy

uptosumpn

Veteran
Here for the ride again my friend!!! Those SC looking well.! I got some Fruit Salad x PINKBUD on the way too! So def post up some pics of those babies when u get a chance, one love, UTS!

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks bud, The Fruit Salad x Pinkbud are about 8 days old, so still little babies, I will get in there to take some pics of them around the time they sex.

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Toker,

Mini update -

Secret Citrus are on day 44 from sprout, still looking pretty uniform :)

And I have taken the first pics of Fruit Salad x Pinkbud. I spotted the first few girls today and have potted them up into 6 litre square pots.

These are going to be under 400w throughout on 18/6 As you can see they are tiny when they sex - only just working on their 4th node. I know these will grow into a nice suitable size for the 400w and to be packed closely though so I am expecting a respectable yield from them :)

You may notice they are in different pots to normal. I used to use 1 litre square pots or 2 litre bottles cut down, but I think these are a nice inbetween being 1.4 litre extra deep square pots. I could fit 50+ of these to one tray (pre-sex) if I was going for a full tent SOG.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Big Eggy

Veteran
looking good Mitch!

mine are deffinatly not CS thats for sure.. could be PB x FS but who know for sure at the moment ey?

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cheers bud, how are yours progressing? Any sign of colour yet if you think they might be Pinkbuds?

Big Eggy

Veteran
Coming along steadily.. no coulor though..

I had a closer look at the wierd undiffind growth on the female, i say closer look.. i pulled it off and opened it up. It turns out that it was a bundel of leaf growth but in the centre of it was unripe male pollen sacks (no sepals just nanners).. the rest of the plant is spitting out pistils as normal. Will be keeping an eye on it mind.

the male is really flowring fast.. gonna have way more pollen than i know what to do with.

Eggy

PS.. fireing you a PM about someting non MJ related.

F

Frito Bandito

Lookingggg Good!!!! ( In my best " Chico " and the Man accent. )

Frito

J

joejusttyped

Looking stellar as usual, pal. Can't wait to see some colors fly!

Latest posts

Latest posts