What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

any good or bad experience with dxhydro...

Status
Not open for further replies.

angel4us

ICMag Donor
i recently sent him 1600 and he has taken 3 weeks and now doesnt answer phone...just looking for reviews

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
No personal experience but I've not heard of anyone getting straight took for their cash.
Hope it works out for ya.

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
hahah he is ok.. he takes on too much shit and is not organize...

i had a 1450 order that he says he sent somewhere else... but what happened is he had two duplicate or close to orders and FORGOT about mine and only built the other unit and sent that one to alaska... he had to then hurry up and build mine taking another 2-3 weeks on a order i was rushing of course....

hes an ok guy he wont rip you off... keep sending emails and calling... i had to replace one part not sayign it was him but no biggie everything works like its suppose to though.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
always wondered about that company, if it was any good.....

now i know, NO orders from me....

eyes

Veteran
i should start buildin stuff. i think its totally unacceptable to take peoples money and not respond. angel4us- i seen ya post b4- your a good dude. sorry to hear bout that shit.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I bought the basic plus a few months back. It took 2 wks longer than expected, but arrived fine and was built to my specifications.
He was a help in bouncing ideas off of, no regrets for $200.

username474

Does anyone know of anyone else that does costume controllers, that has a better turn around? I am trying to get something built for 20, 400w, that has flip capibility.

I build them, but I don't have a business and probably will be stepping on the mods toes by even saying that on here lol. Check my other threads for pics and descriptions of my boxes.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My recent experience is great. I had a light panel custom made, 10K flower, 4K veg, and 1K on a flip/flop. All controlled and re-programmable via PLC. It has all the safety features like high temp shutoff, hot start delay, and had sequential startup to cut down on big spikes. He was easy to contact and discuss what my needs were, once he devised a plan he sent the schematics of what was to come should I order. I was happy with what he sent and I ordered it up. It took a couple weeks to get the product.

Fast forward to a couple months later when I was actually able to install and test it, he had no problem sitting on the phone with me for 20+ minutes to get it going even though it was later in the evening. The whole experience there was only one negative, and that was the face of my panel got dented from shipping. It was packed well but delivery companys like to bang shit up. DX sent me a brand new faceplate free of charge even after I didn't think it was a big deal.

So far the panel has been rocking and rolling, no hiccups to speak of. Everything looks quality and the attention to detail in his work is great. I would order one again and refer any friends to DX.

picture.php

picture.php

I should have snapped pics inside the panel for you, the wiring is tight. This unit cost me about $850, a steal in my book.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
In simple terms, it won't allow your lights to try and turn back on until they have cooled down. HID lights need to cool down before they will fire back up.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^

Basically if you have a power surge or loss of power, the ballast won't sit their and huuuummmmmmmmm with the bulb not lit. If you have a power blip, the unit waits 15 min or whatever you set it to before attempting to refire the lights.

CannabisTHC

I've been using one of his 12kw controllers for a year and a half with no problems. I'm glad I bought this controller it was more than worth it. He was easy to work with from my experience, he's also a lot busier these days it seems.
picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts