What's new

Taking clones from cut down week old plants

G

Guest1298

Hi there i thought i would post this as i am a new grower and this has worked out well for me..my friend had some plants cut down
and the where placed inside trash bags ready for the bin..when he asked me could i dump them on the way home which i agreed
but i got thinking if i could clone these but i thought no there dead..so anyway i took em home cloned few branches..and the results are in i have 6 great clones now!! which i am going to grow out and see what i get only thing is there unknown as i dont no what they are...and they where in a trash bag for a week....Result....DankUser:dance013:

pics in 2 secs

G

Guest1298

here is the pics

picture.php

picture.php

Scrogerman

Veteran
They must of had there rootball with em & even then id say your lucky, im surprised they wernt shriveled up & well dead, do you know what they are?. lol G'luck

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Hi yes I have done this in the past. I had to chop down a grow because of a security scare, the plants were 3 weeks into flower. I put them into bin bags and got rid of them, they were in the bags for 2 weeks when I decided to have a look to see if I could get cuts, the plants still looked just like they did when I chopped 'em so I butchered them for cuts and it worked, I managed to get 10+ strains back this way but it took a LONG re-veg of the cuts.

There was no root ball when I done this, as long as the plant hasn't dried out or molded then it is still alive and fit for cuts. I was over the moon that my strains survived.

HGO

G

Guest1298

the plants didnt have a root ball i dont no what the strain is
as they wernt my plants also they guy who was dumping them dosent no i got cuts from the plants he wanted me to dump..lol
so keep it under your hat lads...lol....

I had friends clean up 20 gallon monsters the other night... no one told me I yelled at my buddies saying you didn't take a single clone!!

Then tonight another friend trimmed up his 40 plants in 5 gals... and again no clones UGH!

I saw the bag with all of the plants in them and they were still plump with water... and I was sooo tempted to take them and stick them all in a big jar of water. Alas I thought to myself... what's the point if I don't know what they are haha. In the end I guess I could have taken the time to figure it out. Really wanted to get one of their Hong Kong cuts started.... til the trimm.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi yes I have done this in the past. I had to chop down a grow I put them into bin bags and got rid of them, they were in the bags for 2 weeks ..
HGO
Dank thanks for posting, good story, HGO good for you too! Hey my explantation for this is in the bags they are kept very moist, loosing very little moisture and sustaining life even though they may look waisted. I yanked a male once and left it to die on the growroom floor. It had a rootball, some how it managed to capture the moisture needed to continue flowering and developed pollen sacks which opened and seeded some of my crop. It took me by surprise but I keep a clean operation now. DD

O

OlibanumBreath

Really cool, should add this to the stupid plant tricks thread.

G

Guest1298

ok peeps i have an update pics to follow the clones where doing well but they are now producing 3 blade leafs instead of five and 1 plant has leafs that swirl instead of long leafs i have em on 18/6...250 metal halide...what am i doing wrong as there is no light leaks...Also they stink real bad and i am using a carbon filter
lol..if i open the tent for 2mins whole house stinks...will they re veg again? or is this a problem....DankUser

G

Guest1298

Alright peeps here is an update pic of my cheedar she is 6 weeks
into 12/12 so she has 4 weeks to go.here is some cuts i am running they are in soil & 6.5ltr pots and i was thinking of potting em up to 10ltr airpots peace Dank i had to add support to rthe main bud and brabches as they where bending over

G

Guest1298

Yeah men its cheese stinks like a mofo too...lol..week 7 of 12/12
she was under daylight then cfl light and the last cpl of weeks she has been under 250watt M/H so i think she ahs turned out excellent for the treatment she has had..she has 3 weeks 12/12
to go..i heard 10 weeks makes cheese couch lock:laughing: cant wait
also going to give her a month too cure...peace Dank
picture.php

G

Guest1298

hey guys i need some advise in the pic are some cheese cuts
they are in 6.5ltr pots and are about 12ins tall i was going to repot em up into 10ltr airpots, and give em 2 more weeks veg
then flip em 12/12 would this be a better idea instead of flowering them in the 6.5ltr pots cheers Dank

picture.php

G

Guest1298

so those rooted cuttings in the first pic had buds on them? or were they in veg? Sorry confused lol

no i had taken 5 cuts i put 1 cut into flower to see if it was any good and the other cuts i kept in veg..and if the one in flower was good i was going to veg these longer the one in flower smells really good so far its a keeper

Latest posts

Latest posts