What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ideas For Side-By-Side Experiments

R

Raw_Dog

bock bock, I have done it, I do think that question should be presented based on the strain. I have grown out PK both ways, I do believe the buds were better developed when lollipopped, the un lollipopped buds weren't used much anyways, vertically grown plants tend to take advantage of the bottoms....

Egzoset

Salutations,

I'd like to know what the consequences would be to make artificial days shorter (especially with "autos")...

Instead of light cycles always being 24 hours overall (10/14, 12/12, 16/8, 20/4, etc...) why not 22 or even less?... For example, suppose the light cycle were 12/4, would this mean 60 days can be "compressed" into 40???

:clock watch:

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Like many have said.....topped verses untopped....same clones obviously.

See what yields best.

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran

See what yields best.

OK I'm game got that and pots versus buckets hydro versus soil same strain same batch #.

Have A Great Day
Mr.Wags

randm999

I would like to see a test run comparing hps lighting with the new ceramic metal hilde lamps. I would do it myself but I do not have the room for it. The price for the bulbs is about the same ( cmh are a bit more expensive, not unreasonable however ). If increase in yeild is worth the extra $.

Megas

Is anyone up for doing a side by side grow between K.I.S.S. Method and Lucas formula. Would love to see it does with Hempy buckets but I'm not picky on grow medium.

M

MrSterling

There've been some studies on the effects of music on plants, playing different types, continuously or intermittently. They seemed to indicate that plants given a few hours of "positive" music a day grew better. I'd love to see someone do a side-by-side identical grow, have one group receive something soothing/relaxing for a few hours a day, another group get blasted with say Norwegian Black Metal, and then have a control with none. It's a bit far out there, but there seems to be evidence for it.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
There've been some studies on the effects of music on plants, playing different types, continuously or intermittently. They seemed to indicate that plants given a few hours of "positive" music a day grew better. I'd love to see someone do a side-by-side identical grow, have one group receive something soothing/relaxing for a few hours a day, another group get blasted with say Norwegian Black Metal, and then have a control with none. It's a bit far out there, but there seems to be evidence for it.

Mythbusters did this already. While there were some issues with their experiments (their timer battery died so all plants got underwatered for the last week) they had several groups.

• Control group got nothing
  • One group got angry male voices
  • One group got soothing, positive female voices
  • One group got classical music
  • One group got heavy metal

RESULTS:

• All the groups with audio playing did better than silent control
  • Both groups that got music did better than groups that got voices
  • The heavy metal groups did better than the classical groups

M

MrSterling

Anti, thanks for the heads up on the mythbusters, and thank you for the education! When I first started learning it was your microcab thread that got me interested.

M

MrSterling

See what yields best.

I've been thinking on this since I read it last week. I had assumed it was a given that topped plants would produce more than an untopped. Is this strain-specific or something definitely up in the air?

LL84

I have been thinking if i do a chocolope comparison veg of a t-5 and 1000watt. that will be moved under 2000watt flower. do a yield comparison and time of vegg needed i believe ill do a little bit of training but im curious what the difference is.

I always veg under t5 and then move up to 400 and flower under 1000. i wondering if that 1000 will get the plant to explode in growth but hopefully not get too stretchy.

Haven't looked thru all the posts, but I was gonna do an Atami Bloombastic vs. Big Bud and Overdrive test.........if it gets approved (and I can figure out how to upload pics to this website), I'd be more than willing to share (gonna do it regardless).

Run JR Peters Hydro as my base out of two different 44 gallon reservoirs, and was gonna compare some of the free additives I have..........have Top Booster, Big Bud, Overdrive, Bloombastic, and Floralicious.

Can't decide whether to do straight base vs. base + additives or run two additives against each other.

Open to suggestions.

Have a DIY Coliseum, so each half gets exactly the same amount of light, etc.........as far as setting up optimal testing conditions, I believe I meet that requirement.

If someone could point me in the direction of an "uploading pics to ICMAG for dummies" tutorial, I could show you all what I'm working with.

St3ve

I would like to see a side by side(or not)but the difference with co2 and without..

Additionally.. could be a three way experiment.

Room 1: Co2
Room 2: turnover 1 time per 5 min (regular recommendation)
Room 3: turnover 2 times per 1 min (high flow recommendation)

randm999

I have been considering a side by side with traditional HPS lamps versus Ceramic metal hylide lamps. Has anybody done this already?

supermanlives

Veteran
bottom feeding vrs top feeding.someone needs to do a real test. no 4 plant tests. make a real test all clones with like 40 plants. FWIW bottom feeding rules.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts