What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spider Farmer SF4000 vs 2 Mars Hydro SP250s

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Troutman - I think you’ll like it! The dimmers came out like a month after I got mine, that would have been way more convenient!

Texanterps - right on thanks man, i did win a sp3000 from mars with the pics from this, so thats something. I dont think spider farmer even knows it exists.

Im trying tk decide how Im going to do the first sp3000 grow... I’d like to do another side by side, was thinking swap out one of the sp250s and go head up with a 500w cmh I recently got, that would be close wattage, but then I think I wanna use the 500w cmh on my current karma test grow, so it will be another 2 1/2 months till thats ready...

Another idea would be to take out one sp250 and add it to the sf4000 side for a combined total of around 675w, then add the sp150 and sp3000 to left over sp250 for close to the same amount. The only problem with that is all these lights are shaped different so itd be kinda crazy trying to figure out best route for light dispersment...

Then my third idea is setting it up in its own 2x4 tent to really max out its lighting potential and seeing what I can pull with it...

Let me here yall thoughts!

Hands up for idea 3 firstly. Then for the idea 2. :tongue:
For idea 2, it is easy to install the three lights. SP250 is in back side, SP3000 is in front side. Sp150 is in middle. :tongue:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
2 of the 250s I honestly don't see one light doing better. But I've tried and proven the 250 and will continue some more grows soon!!!!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just bought a 2x4! Thread comin real soon...
:headbange

just got mine set up!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]

BroughtSuperior

Veteran
damn those fit just perfect in that tent, look at all that brightness, im loving these new generation of leds , and at the rate that they are developing i cant even imagine the technology in a few years!

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
just got mine set up!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]View Image[/FONT]

Nice! I jus hooked mines up too...

picture.php

New thread linked in signature, not quite sure what ima do in here... got some plants that are too big I might cut down Then flower, part of me wants to Start some new plants from seed.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'm gonna swap out the ickyled in mine for a mars tsl2000 when it gets in...but i also just bought another 2x4 tent so the ickybud led will go in there for more veg space

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Dayum you killed it my brother!! I think my mind is made up.....

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
My SP 250 did a great job, I never even turned up the ballast. What do you think about Spider Farmer Leds?? It's some of the only Leds I've not used?? I'm a 20yrs + grower and Test Leds. But ive found several pretty good Leds I like alot. Great thread I've gotta read it better. Great job with both!!!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Both companies have a ton of nice Leds. I got a good deal on a Mars Hydro FCe3000 and got it. Ill probably try a 3x3 or 4x4. I figure if I could get 2-3 plants in 5-10gal pots that do pretty good. Maybe I'll get a Spider Farmer next time