What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What to do with a ton of fresh frozen?

Klompen

If somebody would be willing to make the material for me, sure. However the machines to make co2 as I understand it, are really expensive.

Supercritical extraction is not the easiest thing to do properly. In theory it is simple but in practice it can go very wrong. CO2 is not expensive at all though. Getting the pressure regulators and other gear is not terribly expensive either, but knowing how to handle the issues that can arise while working with it is another matter(especially with regards to the effect of the cold temps on the gear involved). On the other hand, the product of a good supercritical extraction is pretty good. Given the volume of material involved, its not a terrible idea. Whatever method you settle on, its probably best to make sure its something you're going to use more than just this one time.

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Only 100b's you might as well hang that pissy amount & get a moroccan to come beat it out the plant for you.. Be much cheaper & better quality. It's like y'all ain't never seen a mountain turned into a block in a week before..

In the UK We grow 100 Lb's in rooms under lamps.... You can wet trim that with a team of workers.. Outside you just pluck them there is no trim involved

I'm off to do a final clean before I cut this evening. Might make some "Sauce"

Either make hash the old way's or don't. It's too expensive to play about. Pay a team to hand rub the lowers & make ya sauce. Freezing is unnecessary IMHO. Cut the big tops & wet trim. Sauce & then Make shit for pens or pressing

LadyGuru

Only 100b's you might as well hang that pissy amount & get a moroccan to come beat it out the plant for you.. Be much cheaper & better quality. It's like y'all ain't never seen a mountain turned into a block in a week before..

In the UK We grow 100 Lb's in rooms under lamps.... You can wet trim that with a team of workers.. Outside you just pluck them there is no trim involved

I'm off to do a final clean before I cut this evening. Might make some "Sauce"

Either make hash the old way's or don't. It's too expensive to play about. Pay a team to hand rub the lowers & make ya sauce. Freezing is unnecessary IMHO. Cut the big tops & wet trim. Sauce & then Make shit for pens or pressing

Do you get tired of being a jerk? Piss off. :tiphat:

LadyGuru

No idea why people come in a be a jerk like that? I guess I will handle this without help from ICmag. Thanks anyway.

LadyGuru

For the record, we decided to use some liquid nitrogen, a tumbler, and our rosin press. Take care and thanks to those who helped.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
For the record, we decided to use some liquid nitrogen, a tumbler, and our rosin press. Take care and thanks to those who helped.

would love to see or hear how it goes.

i'd be a bit worried about doing a liquid nitrogen extraction, but if you have someone who feels they can do it safely, more power to ya.

mack 10

Veteran
So kind of like dry ice then rosin.

A member here did some liquid nitrogen extraction.
Looked abit dodgy,. Make sure you have industrial gloves!

Let us know how the work goes.

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you want to get the fire you need to sieve it or rub it out. No other way transfers the terpenes & other molecules that translate to quality/longevity of the effects..

You could wholesale kief to press as rosin & charge for the extraction. Fire is 50 cents here when you know somebody, same price as Africa..

It's the fastest way & you can process it into any matter. No Ethanol or solvent no Co2 no Sub or super critical for the full plant profile needed like produced with hydrocarbons. There is after all only one type of 'Tuneable Solvent'.

Nobody want to go cold & warm & go arse end about tit for that.

All this is just the big business & Pharma getting you to add a shopping list to your seeds & dirt..

Nobody needs to buy this kinda shit to fortify their meds https://www.perfumersworld.com/product/ethyl-acetate-9FC01313

LadyGuru

would love to see or hear how it goes.

i'd be a bit worried about doing a liquid nitrogen extraction, but if you have someone who feels they can do it safely, more power to ya.

We have done it in the past, and the final product is the best rosin has to offer. This is the best way to capture terps, and run through material fairly quickly. Our tumbler holds 2 lbs of material at a time (dry). So 10-15 runs and I will be done. :tiphat:

So kind of like dry ice then rosin.

A member here did some liquid nitrogen extraction.
Looked abit dodgy,. Make sure you have industrial gloves!

Let us know how the work goes.

Will do. :dance013:

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds like you will have a lot of chlorophyll in the end product unless it is faded. Have you done what I suggest to see if yours is actually the best it can get? Any Analytics to prove your sentiments? I'm gonna stick around as this shit is entertaining..

What's with you trying to tell me to keep out of a thread? You upset I can take the piss or something?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Sounds like you will have a lot of chlorophyll in the end product unless it is faded. Have you done what I suggest to see if yours is actually the best it can get? Any Analytics to prove your sentiments? I'm gonna stick around as this shit is entertaining..

What's with you trying to tell me to keep out of a thread? You upset I can take the piss or something?

your attitude seems to be quite aggressive in this thread, not sure whats going on, don't know you like this at all. do you know this member from another site?

i agree in principle, making hash and doing a squish is the best all round, i just wouldn't be quite so unpleasant about explaining my point of view.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You're acting like an ass? She already explained why they didn't hang dry, something you overlooked. Nor does a lot of what you say make sense. Nobody is going to rub a 100lbs of fresh frozen to make a small batch of shite charas. You'd end up with a pile of mushy gloop.

Back on topic.

There is a new technique of washing in a container of LN2 and evaporating afterwards. I doubt the yield is high but the results look unique.

I don't mention it as a way to process the lot of it but if you have everything at hand it would be an interesting side project.

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry. I just don't see the point in it. I read the thread too.. I never said to push the weed through a screen frozen Miklell.. That would be silly as you loose volatile terpenes when freezing & the alcohols don't ferment creating lesser quality & unstable product. Shite basically. Got any analytics to show that it doesn't happen because terpenes are lost in every handling process. Kief being the way it's done properly.. There is nothing new to learn in processing a plant just the long way around the houses.

No I don't know the other member & I'm not aggressive, I just say what I mean... We all learn the hard way....

Not thinking before you act. #Priceless

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry. I just don't see the point in it. I read the thread too.. I never said to push the weed through a screen frozen Miklell.. That would be silly as you loose volatile terpenes when freezing & the alcohols don't ferment creating lesser quality & unstable product. Shite basically. Got any analytics to show that it doesn't happen because terpenes are lost in every handling process. Kief being the way it's done properly.. There is nothing new to learn in processing a plant just the long way around the houses.

No I don't know the other member & I'm not aggressive, I just say what I mean... We all learn the hard way....

Not thinking before you act. #Priceless

I really don't understand a lot of what you're saying.

What did you mean by "rub the lowers"? Dry sift or charas?

Freezing preserves terpenes for extraction. I don't follow how that would lead to degradation.