What's new

The Kraken's Spring time Run

T

The Kraken

Afternoon ICmag.

So, after a 12 round bout with Powdery Mildew, I'm back at the growing. I'm currently trying to make a decision about what beans to germinate. Here's a quick picture of the seeds I have to choose from.

picture.php

I'm planning on doing a 2 plant scrog in 60 litre pots. I'll be starting them off in solo cups & moving up pot sizes as it grows. I've got 5 litre, 15 litre then probably in the final 60 litre pots.

I'll be growing under 2x 600w Metal Halide for veg, I'll switch to HPS 2 week into 12/12.

Here's a picture of the tent.

picture.php

I'll be raising the frames as I need an extra 30cm, but have been thinking about just tying the nets to the tent poles.

I'll be running the Canna range of nutrients, with added Silica & a couple of foliar feeds of Cal/Mag, most likely going for a 5-6 week veg. My entire grow space has been cleaned down with a combination of Fungus Fighter & a separate clean down of H2o2 mixed with Horticultural soap. I'll be keeping a very beady eye on anything that looks remotly like PM.

Thanks for looking folks.

Kraken

Leptosoma

sɔıʇǝuǝ⅁ ʞuoW
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Kraken.

I had powdery mildew couple of years ago in lacation where I couldn't use chimney for ventilation, some neem oil spraying use to help to kill mildew but spores was present anyway, I got rid of it completely by using simple dehumidifier, spores will not germinate if RH is less then 60%.

I use to run very similar setup to yours couple of years ago, harvested 1gpw of Abusive OG with only 2 plants:

picture.php

picture.php

Good luck with your project bro!

Peace

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
Kuchi...

Ive got a 10 pack of regs that im gonna throw this year myself.... there was a reason she was on the grey areas menu for years... uk exodus cheese x sfvog... will.never forget that strain will.deffo bring her back to life.. that sfvog blesses everything she crosses as does the exo lol

Gets a 10 from len

Spaventa

Veteran
i like the sound of C99 Cherry puff. I cant see what the Sonic or Greenhouse ones are from the picture. Nice choices though, good luck with whatever you go with.

Leptosoma - nice setup.

T

The Kraken

Hey guy's, thanks for the comments. The Kuchi is meant to be a great strain, but I ended up going with the Super Silver Haze & the Space Monkey(Clones). I'm doing 2 plants per pot so will section it in half to give them 30 litres each in the hope the roots from 1 don't take over the other. The SSH are in solo cups & are under a 600w MH with the rest of my mums for now, I need to order a sheet of Kingspan to finish off the mums room before I end up potting up to the final pots. I'll grab some pictures this evening.

T

The Kraken

i like the sound of C99 Cherry puff. I cant see what the Sonic or Greenhouse ones are from the picture. Nice choices though, good luck with whatever you go with.

Leptosoma - nice setup.

Hey dude, the Sonic ones are UK Pineapple x GG4 & the Greenhouse are Super Silver Haze.

I went for the Haze & Space Monkey. I've also took the frames out & will cable tie the nets to the tent poles.

Spaventa

Veteran
I would have chosen the SSH too ;)

we seem to be using similar sized spaces but opposite planting and different lighting - you are doing 600w HPS per plant and long veg, I'm doing 30w CMH per plant, 12/12 form seed almost. Will be interesting to see how different the results are. Im literally using half the watts and 10 times the plants you are lol

Latest posts

Latest posts