What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor guerilla plots

blackone

Veteran
Thanks Paddi.
Haven't had the time to take care of it yet unfortunately - won't be able to go out before tomorrow night either - I just hope the little bastards haven't munched too much...
I'm also crossing my fingers for spot #3 - my last hope. Still need to get some plants out there that are suffering in their small cups now. Good thing is I've been able to weed out most of the males in my next batch going out.

looking great blakone, really healthy lookin, snails are some pain alright, they have eaten most of 1 of my plants a thyphoon i think, the others that have started flowering they seem to leave them alone.. i killed about 12 of them last night, i read that sharp sand is very good for keeping them away, or a copper ring aswell, gl

blackone

Veteran
Slugs have been a bitch to me.. I hope spot 3 is better - have been too lazy (and perhaps fearing to go out there and find a big mess... I'm a little discouraged atm.. gotta get out there though because I still have more plants to go out and they're starting to AF in their cups...)
Spot #1:
Big plants looking ok as usual - tallest one is probably 140 cm. A few tops were eaten a little by slugs but they seem unable or unwilling to devastate these larger plants.
The spot was given some ferts and slug pellets - no idea if they work now that the slugs can crawl through vegetation and are not restricted to ground travel any more.
picture.php

Erdpurt F2, slowly starting to show signs of flowering:
picture.php

Slug damage - Freja in this spot never grew right (My fault, earlier post) and I might not be harvesting any of this strain from spot #1.
picture.php

Spot #2. Pulled a few males - staked the plants worth staking. Also added ferts and ferramol.
This spot has been taking heavy damage and if you look closer you might see the problem - a nearby tree has been showering the plot with broken off dry branches... add the slugs taking advantage of the fallen plants and you have carnage.
picture.php

So many things to learn still... Fallen branches was definitely never something I thought much about but on the other hand that's the beauty of life. As long as you can keep learning you're still young.

blackone

Veteran
Spot #3 being my last hope for a nice outdoor harvest I was a little scared to go out there and look at it.. fearing to see all toppled, chewed up stems like spot #2.
I had to go out though, my last pot*Freja were starting to autoflower in the small cups so they had to go in the ground. As these have already begun flower I don't expect much so they're planted close:
picture.php

Turns out it was quite a bit better than I ever could hope for. Not a single plant lost to slugs - only a few had fallen over a little:
picture.php

Cry.. but that's to be expected.
picture.php

With males removed:
picture.php

Phil's Erdpurt * E-rocket/dp F3 and Freja - although Freja isn't really a true AF it's still the fastest one, probably gonna be finished late september. It seems to have a high female rate... Good growth on both strains:
picture.php

Pot*Freja that were put out a couple of weeks or so ago- also a high female rate:
picture.php

Visited my very first "spot". A surplus Thyra was put in the ground with no amendments - it's standing alone in horrible clay soil in the middle of a blackberry patch, still unsexed. Might have to give it just a little bit of love with some ferts because it looks pretty healthy now (Looks droopy but seems like outdoor plants droop instantly as a response to touch):
picture.php

Last edited:

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
Sending lots of good vibes your way blackone :smile:
Guess your allready planning for next year. You´ve learned a lot so far :cool:

P :smoke:

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
It gets a bit easier to kill males when you have a few seasons under you belt. I like the soda can slug guards, very nice. Good luck with the remainder of your grow, now comes the fun part!

blackone

Veteran
@Paddi yeah I hope I'm learning enough this season to set me up for a great season in 2010. This year won't be too bad after all either I think - so many other things that can still go wrong including ones I haven't even thought about but I'm pretty sure I'll be harvesting something at least.

@Backcountry True - males are part of the game, but those holes from uneven male distribution are still irritating - they represent a lot of work with the soil. Next year the only males going out will be for my breeding spots.

The kind of bed I'm using in spot#3 is probably very obvious from above. That's also why next year will be different. COWI will be flying over all of Denmark shooting photos for maps with a very high resolution so rectangular beds are a no-no. Individual holes with larger plants, cover vegetation between plants and no rows, is how it's gonna be. In fact I think I might try to shoot for OPOP holes - still not sure how much soil I'll be bringing in as the native seems pretty good too. I'm thinking perhaps 10 liters of compost per plant, mixed up with soil, lime and perhaps some other goodies in 60cm wide holes.

Last edited:

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
blackone nice come back bro :D

ehhh you just reminded me of all the digging i got to do in the next month :(

gonna have 3 - 4 plots like you and thinking of setting one of em like yours with about 30 seedlings but ill be starting them when they will only get about a month veg so they dont get to big... should get at-least a o per plants and going by girl to boy ration should end up with about 10 - 15 os just from that spot :D

blackone

Veteran
CHOPPER... HIIIIDE....

CHOPPER... HIIIIDE....

Thanks shroom - yeah spot #3 is gonna be my best one I think. I wonder what my minis will yield like. Good luck with yours!

I visited spot 1 and 2 to shoot a few pics and add more fertilizer and slug pellets.
When at spot #1 I heard a very low-flying chopper and went to hide under the nearest tree.
picture.php

Well turned out it wasn't flying that low - it was just a large chopper and very noisy. It flew in a straight line so I came out from hiding to shoot more pics of my babies. Actually I don't think they use choppers here to spot grows but that one spooked me man...
Tallest ones are now at 160 cm or up to my chin - Silverback said head high by july for 1 pounders. I wonder what head high by august will yield me... probably nothing wild since they're pretty close but I'm confident they're gonna be taller than me.
picture.php

Erdpurt F2:
picture.php

Spot#2. Looking a little better perhaps - only few females have been identified so far while a good bunch of males have been tossed. I hope most of what's left is female - if that's the case then this might still yield ok. We're having 4 days of nice dry weather with lots of sun if forecasts can be trusted. That should give us a good amount of growth.
picture.php

keke.nz

haha the good old chopper spook huh blackone! Im glad it was just a passing one for your sake.
Everything is looking great dude, specially your 1st pics there! Awesome work. I hope you get some nice yields all round.

Keep it up and good luck.

Peace keke

C

coxswain

Beautiful gardens :D
Nice to see those youngsters planted. Will be a joy to follow them.

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
hehe, i know the hidding from hellacoptors well!

plots looks great and happy to see erdpurt f2 flower!

blackone

Veteran
Beautiful gardens :D
Nice to see those youngsters planted. Will be a joy to follow them.
I'm a little bit excited about these - since they were starting flowering from being rootbound I don't know how they will react to going outside. Maybe they will just continue flowering and yield a couple of grams each at best - maybe they'll get some growth on before flowering and then yield nicely (great yield with that density being 20-30 grams each )- or maybe they will be kicked into veg and not return to flower before it's too late...

Also the largest ones in spot#3 - since they're only showing preflowers now I wonder how big they can get. If plants that size are flowered indoors I'm sure they can hit 100 g but outdoors... all bets are off with my limited outdoor experience.

hehe, i know the hidding from hellacoptors well!

plots looks great and happy to see erdpurt f2 flower!
Me too man :) I'm really excited about this one - f2 gen seeds can be all over the place but I'm still surprised that they're the earliest ones.
It would have been no luxury to have those 8 plants spread all over spot #1 instead of planted in the back.... they're already pushing against each other with no way of bushing out so only tops are really expected to yield. Perhaps I could try tying down the front row a bit to utilize more area - got some available space from the failed Freja plants in there...
Next time I'll probably be visiting spot#1 and #2 again to see how the days of great sun we've had lately has affected them.
Around August 14/15 I'm planning to put out some Swt#3 clones in spot #3 - I wonder if anyone else in Denmark is experimenting with putting something out that late... If they do flower immediately then they can get 45 days before Oct 1. More if October treats us well... it could work. Don't know how to compare indoor and outdoor flower times though - swt#3 test buds taken indoor at day 40-45 are still pretty damn good (You know like sex and pizza) but 52-56 is of course better. I'm hoping to make some nice blonde bubble from them.
Perhaps the shock of going directly from 19 to 15 hours of light will make the flowering come on faster than if they had been growing the whole summer - perhaps not. We'll see.

blackone

Veteran
Thanks for stopping by and thank you for the Karma - it's appreciated by this whore, haha:)

Nice sunny and warm day - weather has been pretty nice lately.
picture.php

Visited spot #3 again - it's always a joy to come there.
Only bad thing is that I didn't find it sooner... I can't believe it's only been a little more than a month since I planted the first ones there because the growth has been very nice. Imagine what this place could have looked like if I had been out there in mid-may...
The shovel is from planting a few sorry fms grapefruit clones. Forgot to shoot pics of those - they probably won't finish but what the heck...
picture.php

The first bed. Phil's Erdpurt x E-rocket/DP F2 and Freja. Still need to see sex on a few plants but most of what's left is female. Nothing has started flowering for real yet.
I'm actually a little surprised because I thought Freja was super early but I guess not... On the other hand perhaps this means that it can be used as a clone mother - will see about that.
picture.php

Second bed in spot#3. Pot x Freja. Doesn't disappoint me:)
picture.php

Third - also PotXFreja - planted when autoflowering had started from being rootbound. Looks healthy enough - will probably only yield little but hey - lots of plants in that spot, almost 40 - all female except for a couple.
picture.php

One shows resin :) Not much smell yet when rubbed - typical cannabis smell, nothing fancy there.
picture.php

I'm off to have a little smoke of the Phil's Erdpurt X E-rocket/DP mother that gave me seeds for outdoors.

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
Looks okay blackone. There´s still many weeks to go :)
Next year you´ll turn spot 3 into a cannajungle :cool:

P :smoke:

Latest posts

Latest posts