What's new

SkunkVA x Snow Lotus - Bodhi Seeds - Kalyx

mack 10

Veteran
Frosty bitch! Seems that Snow Lotus added some resin to the Skunk Va.
Great thread, Don't forget the dry shots.

Kalyx

@3rdEye - Thanks man Im glad you have enjoyed. All 3 plants are very sativa dom in effect wrapping around you face and head. The MT#2 especially does have a nice fuzzy body high and great relaxing effects. Mostly in the head but the more you smoke the more you can feel it in the body.

@iTarzan - Im glad you have enjoyed thanks for coming along the ride. I will be letting them cure up nicely, the jars smell great right now and get better everyday. Will have some saved for CCup in April not sure if this harvest will last till the 4th of July. By that time I should have another cycle of these girls ready.

@Gardening Angel - Thanks GA, Ya some serious frost on all of them but I think #3 might take the cake. Something tells me she will be the best smoke since she is the only one I wasn't able to get a healthy rooted clone from.

@easternOG - Thanks buddy for everything, had a blast with this grow and Im really loving the final product. Really happy with how they came out but looking to make the next round even better.

@mellowfellow - Thanks for stopping by mellow! Im pleased you have enjoyed the thread smoke reports incoming.

@mack 10 - Hey mack, nice observation, I was thinking the same thing. I don't have the SkunkVa '91Chem but she is my favorite smoke and I didn't remember those flowers being nearly as frosted.

Update 2/22 - Day 141

Well this grow and log are coming to a close, always a bit of a bitter sweet moment. All 3 ladies have now been harvested and dried. 2 of them have already received a good cure and the last pheno is just starting to cure in the jars. I will do an initial smoke report of MT#3 but will look in 2 or 3 weeks to do an official smoke report. If her sisters are any indication her flavors will be completely different than it is now. I am happy to announce that MT#1 and MT#2 are still alive and very well. I was able to get 1 clone rooted off MT#3 but due to cold weather it took about 18 days to root. It was in rough shape when it rooted and I wasn't able to get it nursed back to health. Space constraints arose and the MT#3 and some other weak clones were tossed. At the time I wasn't too worried as MT#1 and MT#2 were far more impressive in structure, growth and smells. The MT#3 was the least vigorous, the smallest yielder and took the longest to flower. Initial samples of her score very high marks in potency and flavor, she taste so much better than either of her sisters did before curing.

Im having a very hard time deciding which one is my favorite and I want to keep. Initially I thought MT#1 would be the keeper after 2 weeks curing she developed an incredibly amazing and complex flavor. Her high is top notch and the most sativa dominate of the 3. MT#2 had a good flavor but the main element was a sugary sweet taste, that was by no means bad but I strongly preferred MT#1's flavor over it. Then after hitting 2 weeks of cure her flavor changed into something very different and incredible. Potency wise they are both very similar with the MT#2 having more indica and body effects. Both are good day smokes but if you smoke too much of either you will find yourself taking a nap. I have some decisions to make and at least at this point I will probably run both of them one more cycle before deciding.

I do currently have a small MT#2 clone in flower thats at 52 days right now I believe. She has been impregnated and is carrying what I hope is bunches and bunches of seeds. Seeds are being made for my own personal projects and sharing with friends. She is cooking some MoonTang F2's and also MoonTang x Fire Cookie(GSC forum cut x Fire Og Bx1) cross that Im really excited to see the potential in. I have whats about to be a massive bush of each cut in veg that I was thinking about using as mother plants. To save some space I think I will just take some cuts off of them, transplant them into 5gal pots and throw them into flower in a couple weeks.

MoonTang #1 - Cured Flowers

The first time smoking this girl after she had finished drying I was really impressed with her high but not the flavor. It was by no means a bad flavor or unpleasant in anyway, it was just very dull and subtle. Not the over-powering, thick flavor that sits on your tongue long after smoking you would expect from a Chem cross. After 2 weeks of curing though she developed an amazing strong, lip-smacking good flavor. I understand that flavors and taste really develop and change with a good cure, Im a huge proponent of curing and always do it. Almost always when smoking really good tasting flowers you know it will get better and more complex with a cure but still has excellent flavor after drying. I have noticed the flavors changing dramatically for all of my MoonTang phenos and even the Goji Og I ran. It makes me wonder if this is possibly a trait with flavors developing passed on by the Snow Lotus male.

This girl has the most dense and compacted flowers of the 3, they are deceptively heavy flowers. Probably the least frosty of the 3 but she is no slouch in that department by any means, she also appears to have darker colored flowers than the others. Smell wise she has the most pungent aroma, opening her jar takes over the entire house with a pungent skunky funk. Her smoke is thick and expansive, it expands in your lungs and can easily leave you in a coughing fit. The flavor on this chick is incredible, it sits on your tongue long after smoking leaving a great skunky and chem taste to marinate. The first flavor to hit you is a distinct, no lie Play-Dough taste, followed by earthy, piney and floral flavors. The back end of the flavor spectrum hits you with an almost over powering sour skunky chemmy funk and thats what lingers on the tongue long after smoking. The flavors on this plant are really unique and tasty, I never thought I would associate Play-Dough with pot and in a good desirable way at that. The SkunkVa 91' Chem makes herself very known and present in this pheno, the Snow Lotus male really lets her shine through in this plant.

This is probably not a smoke I would recommend for the light weight or novice smoker. Potency can be a little ridiculous, 1 or 2 hits seems to be plenty for the average user. She is very sativa dominate in her effects but over do it, take a couple too many hits and she will knock you out. If she has a ceiling on her high I haven't found it yet, I either passed out or got too high I couldn't smoke anymore. Im a daily smoker by no means a lightweight, not often do I smoke flowers that get me so high I have to pass taking another hit. Typically its concentrates or edibles that I get too high from, these are flowers that you need to be careful with. Another great thing with this girl is that I haven't built up a tolerance to her and I have been smoking on her a lot. The effects of her high are powerful and sudden, almost immediately after exhale you are smacked in the face. Feels like your head is wrapped in a warm blanket, I notice myself lost in my thoughts with a shit eating grin on my face. She puts you in a good mood, makes you smile and giggle, she is good for conversation, creativity and inspiration. She has the effects I love in a Sativa without the anxiety or racey, uncomfortable feelings. The indica is inside her and if you smoke too much of her you will lose motivation and end up napping. I haven't noticed too much on body effects maybe a little fuzzy and warm if you smoke a lot.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

MoonTang #2 - Cured Flowers

I was in love with this girl throughout flower, just loved her structure and she looked the most chem dominate of all the phenos. her flowers finished the largest of the 3 and have a great density to them. They are not quite as dense as MT#1 but very solid flowers, she has more frosting than MT#1 and came out a much lighter colored green. The nose on this girl isn't quite as pungent or overpowering as MT#1 but she will still stink up a room with her intoxicating smell. After a couple weeks curing her aroma and flavors took a huge change just like her sister. Opening her jar envelops you in a pungent funk of sugar, fresh cut mint and earthy tones, its intoxicating and hard to take your nose away. After breaking up a bowl I catch myself constantly sniffing the aroma off my fingers.

At first much like her sister I just wasn't impressed with the flavor of her smoke after drying, even after curing 7-10 days. Her potency was outstanding and the taste was by no means bad just kind of bland and nothing too special. Once she got around 14 days of curing something magical happened and some incredible and complex flavors were unlocked. Initially her flavor was just a sweet flavor like sugar not a fruity sweet, you couldn't really taste the chem in her, not that impressive. Then she developed this incredible aroma and taste that is really hard to describe, a kind of sweet chemmy funk. At first you get the taste of sugar followed by hints of mint, floral, tart and earthy finished with a crazy funky chem that lingers in your mouth. After a cure the SkunkVa stands up and lets you know she is there, mixed with the Snow Lotus stud does some really special things. Im just so impressed with these ladies and how initially they had unimpressive flavors that finished into something so complex and amazing.

Potency wise is right up there with her sister, she might be a tad less potent but Im not positive they are both very strong. Her high is also very similar to MT#1 but she does have more Indica and body effects that can be felt. She also has a more relaxing and calming effect to her high, she may not be as good for a social environment as MT#1. She can be a great daytime smoke but I find myself getting distracted and moving at a much slower pace, so probably not the best if you are on a tight schedule. She is great for stimulating appetite so one needs to make sure to keep some snacks handy. I don't find her as quick to induce a nap if you smoke too much like MT#1 as she kind of turns you into a sloth and everything moves in slow motion. I tried to be careful with my wording cause her high doesn't become a groggy, cloudy Indica stone if you over indulge just a slow motion type of thing. It's not that a nap is out of question when smoking her I just dont get that point so quickly.

Overall she is an excellent smoke with top notch flavor and high just like her sister MT#1. She is different, unique and is making it very difficult for me to pick a favorite. She is a Sativa dominate smoke but the Indica in the mix is present. She is good for a lazy relaxing day, after a hard day of work, before a large meal, doing some art work and good for evenings. No anxious or racey effects from the Sativa side and I don't get the cloudy or grogginess from the Indica part. Potency is about as good as one can expect, great bag appeal, intoxicating aroma with a complex flavor that lingers long after smoking. She is worthy of another run and a good mommy candidate to make me some seeds. I look forward to getting her dialed and seeing the results when she is grown closer to her full potential.

Dried Flower Shot

picture.php

Cured Flowers

picture.php

Update continues on the next post.

Kalyx

Update 2/22 - Day 141

picture.php

MoonTang #3 - Dried Flowers

This girl was moving at a slower rate than her sisters and she didn't have as much vigor as the others. She started flowering about 10 days after the others and then took 7 days longer to finish than the others. Since that is the case she had just started curing in jars the other day. If her sisters are the baseline her true flavors and smells wont come out until 2 weeks of curing. She had the least amount of vigor, the least bud density, took the longest to flower and produced the lowest yield of the 3. Her flowers do appear to have the most amount of frost on them, great coloring and probably the best bag appeal of the 3. Her flavors and smells after drying are without a doubt the strongest, most pronounced, complex and best tasting of the 3 at that point. She has that amazing dank taste after drying that her sisters didn't develop until having time to cure.

She has the type of flavor now, that you would expect of a cross with excellent and flavorful parents that she has. This trait is leading me to believe that she is going to be the best smoke of the 3. She has elements in her taste that both of her sisters have but she is different and unique in her own way at this point. At first you get the taste of fresh cut mint followed by, pine, Play-Dough, earthy and a back end is a full on skunky sour chemmy funk that is thick and lingers. Right now you can taste the chem in all of the ladies but she has the closest flavor to the SkunkVa. I hope her current flavor just gets stronger and more complex with a cure.

Her high just like her sisters is very potent and in terms of effects seems to sit right in the middle of the others. I dare to say the she is more potent than both of her sisters but Im unable to say for sure at this point. Very Sativa dominate in effects but its easy to find the Indica inside her. Once I have had a chance to smoke on her some more, get some feedback from friends and most importantly finish curing, I should be able to have a much better grasp on her potency, high and flavors. I will post an updated smoke report for her after she has had some good curing time in the jars. I will also get another round of pictures once she has cured as well.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Final update coming soon.

Gardening Angel

Veteran
Update 2/22 - Day 141

View Image

This girl was moving at a slower rate than her sisters and she didn't have as much vigor as the others. She started flowering about 10 days after the others and then took 7 days longer to finish than the others. Since that is the case she had just started curing in jars the other day. If her sisters are the baseline her true flavors and smells wont come out until 2 weeks of curing. She had the least amount of vigor, the least bud density, took the longest to flower and produced the lowest yield of the 3. Her flowers do appear to have the most amount of frost on them, great coloring and probably the best bag appeal of the 3. Her flavors and smells after drying are without a doubt the strongest, most pronounced, complex and best tasting of the 3 at that point. She has that amazing dank taste after drying that her sisters didn't develop until having time to cure.

She has the type of flavor now, that you would expect of a cross with excellent and flavorful parents that she has. This trait is leading me to believe that she is going to be the best smoke of the 3. She has elements in her taste that both of her sisters have but she is different and unique in her own way at this point. At first you get the taste of fresh cut mint followed by, pine, Play-Dough, earthy and a back end is a full on skunky sour chemmy funk that is thick and lingers. Right now you can taste the chem in all of the ladies but she has the closest flavor to the SkunkVa. I hope her current flavor just gets stronger and more complex with a cure.

Her high just like her sisters is very potent and in terms of effects seems to sit right in the middle of the others. I dare to say the she is more potent than both of her sisters but Im unable to say for sure at this point. Very Sativa dominate in effects but its easy to find the Indica inside her. Once I have had a chance to smoke on her some more, get some feedback from friends and most importantly finish curing, I should be able to have a much better grasp on her potency, high and flavors. I will post an updated smoke report for her after she has had some good curing time in the jars. I will also get another round of pictures once she has cured as well.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

hey kalyx

thanks for the update

always full of detail and plenty of info on each strain you run its respected my friend

the close ups are class I love the shape of no2 buds super frosty
would prob make some tasty sift or bubble

looking forward to your final update

thanks
GA

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Looking and sounding great Kalyx. Those flavors sound delicious. :) Thanks for the smoke reports and hightype breakdown.

joebean91

hang the sonofabitch anyways
ICMag Donor
Well done!

Well done!

Great job on the grow!! , and one of the finest reports i have read in quite some time . Excellent photography as well :tiphat: .

Are these beans still being sold by Bodhi ? ...cause I might need to grab a pack for myself if I'm not too late . Not too often these days that I feel compelled to buy beans .

Any breeder should be so lucky to have you as a tester!

Kalyx

@Gardening Angel - Hey GA, thanks for all the kind words my friend. Things have been really delayed and hectic for me but will get and update and some pictures posted soon.

@3rdEye - I know its delayed but thanks for the kind words, this is a strain I have really enjoyed.

@cripple_creek - Thank you and Im glad you're interested in this strain. Its a really great strain especially for any Chem heads like myself.

@joebean91 - I really appreciate all the kind words and comments and am very happy you enjoyed the log.

Yes this line is still being sold by Bodhi, part of his new releases for 2015. The strain has been released now and has been named MoonTang, should be available at a number of vendors.

Its an excellent strain I would give it 2 Green Thumbs Up! You wont be disappointed in your purchase if you pull the trigger.

Update 5/28 - Sort of...

Sorry for the delays my friends but time has not been my friend recently. I will have an update coming soon with pics and information. Just last weekend I cut down my second run of MoonTang #1 that Im really excited about. I thought I had lost my MoonTang #3 pheno but in a clone labeling mishap she lives, sadly my Fire Cookie lady was lost. I currently have plants of each in flower that will be finishing up in the next couple of weeks.

Once I have some time I will get an update posted with lots of pictures and information and whats been happening. All 3 ladies are currently alive and well. The MoonTang #2 is being flowered out for the 3rd and final time, didn't take anymore cuts from her. #3 she is still alive and well with a couple of clones in veg. I will see how she does this second run but she is very sensitive and yielded the least the first round. I really love the #1 she will be kept around for the foreseeable future. Pretty pictures and some information coming soon my friends.

-Kalyx :tiphat:

Love your reports on the Bodhi gear Kalyx!
Thanks to you I am 25 days into flowering
6 females of The Fuzz. Too early yet to say
much other than that the plants look good.
Could you possibly compare the
Moontang with The Fuzz, since they are
almost sisters. Your pictures of the Fuzz
make it look like the best Chem cross I
have seen--so f-ing dank I am really excited!

CoCoSativas

Nice grow kalyx.

I just picked up a pack of Goji's and the fuzz. Pretty stoked. Looked at wish mountain but had to have the gojis

T

TrueReligion

My chairs pulled up forsure!!! Things are looking amazing so far my brother!! Those sk va's all have a chem dom profile so far!! My chem leaner turned out to be the only female out of 5, can't wait to dig a lil deeper !! Some OMEGA FUNK IS ON THE HORIZON KALYX!!! Your the man !! The suspense is killing me!! much peace and blessings sent your way!! Brothers look out for eachother K Dog same with you Useful Idiot!! Very Quality guys!! I appreciate the Love!!
ONELOVE

Could you tell if these have a chem leaning pheno?
It is chem kesey

hashix

Update 2/22 - Day 141

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Snowy flowers. Congrats.:tiphat: