What's new

Mini split uninstall / refrigerant recovery

max_well

Hey
I'm hoping to get some advice on the protocol for pumping the refrigerant back into the outdoor portion of a Fujitsu mini split in order to safely uninstall for relocation.
What's the best order of operations and timing for closing the lineset valves and turning the unit on /off? hoping to do this without a tech if possible.
Any thoughts are much appreciated!
Max

Asslover

Veteran
Hey
I'm hoping to get some advice on the protocol for pumping the refrigerant back into the outdoor portion of a Fujitsu mini split in order to safely uninstall for relocation.
What's the best order of operations and timing for closing the lineset valves and turning the unit on /off? hoping to do this without a tech if possible.
Any thoughts are much appreciated!
Max
It's called Pumping Down and can be done with nothing more than a gauge set.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
If you have the manual for it the instructions should be in it. If not, type the make and model into google and you should find a manual for it there. I pumped down the freon in the Mitsubishi I had and it was very easy to do. Has been a while and I can't remember which valve it was I closed first, ran it for a minute and closed the second valve then turned the unit off and disconnected it. Reinstalled, vacuum pumped the lineset down, opened the valves and it was good to go.

OhighO

1 Hook up you gauges and purge
2 close liquid line service valve "small one"
3 Put service wrench in the suction line service valve
4 engage the contractor in cooling mode with an insulated tool.
5 run compressor until desired vacuum is achieved
6 close suction service valve
7 release the contractor or shut of the disconnect.