What's new

No, your loud motorbike engine isnt cool, its LAME

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
:laughing:

Gloves off, but all in good spirit (for the most part) :)

Most motorbikes are "quiet" per se... if you want a loud mofo you need a custom, so you have to go out of your way if you're wanting a noisy one to piss people off.

There are fkn AWESOME motorbikes out there that arent annoying... but then there's the ppl that seem to need a noisy engine to attract attention (what else is it for?) ... and they seem to find the annoying noise cool, even though everybody that has to hear it just finds it annoying as ****. No need to say any more really.

No we don't think you're awesome just for running something so noisy that it pisses everyone off.

You're like the 13yo kid standing in a train belting out songs on his iphone at full volume just so that everyone else around him can hear to show how cool/sad he is :)

(all negative rep welcome but try and be constructive lol )

Last edited:

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
i love the hardware i just dont like the annoyance of intentionally noisy engines ... actually it's not that i find it annoying, but rather lame, and simply to say "listen how loud my engine is!" as some sort of pseudo-bicep flex ... *wanking notions* ... I can buy one too, there's nothing special there!

A noisy engine is about as hardcore as a mullet haircut - we can all get one of those too if we want! But there's a reason we don't! Those P-plater cars of teenagers that've just got their license that have stereos belting out the recent latest pop... ugh! Just as lame!

(Yes I know i'll probably cop a lot of negative rep from motorbike riders in this thread...... but to them, I ask you this ......... what about my sleep?) :)

Last edited:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
bb6-1.gif

(Yes I know i'll probably cop a lot of negative rep from motorbike riders in this thread...... but to them, I ask you this ......... what about my sleep?) :)

Bikers really don't like causing any kinda trouble, just ask 'em to drop your wife back to you a bit earlier than normal........
bb7.gif

see, just like that your sleep issues have been resolved.

Slim Pickens

Veteran
Motorcycles outnumber cars here by 2 to 1 or more.The "Modders" have discovered aftermarket mufflers that are designed to make as much noise as possible without violating noise ordinances..(which they don't have here anyway).

There is one guy that really stands out.You can literally hear him at least a mile away.He works the throttle like a Pro too.I do my best to remember that most folks here have very little,and this is probably just his way of saying..Look what I have!I try to cut them slack tho,as making noise is about all they can afford to do....well, that and fecking videoke.

S

Slip Kid

I live very close to a busy highway and in the summer those dumb bastards come by in packs of 50 or more.It's fantastically annoying esp at midnight.I have a half pipe in my front yard, right on the road and the cops tell me the kids can't skate after 7pm because of the noise...meanwhile packs of bikers go by every 1/2 hr like a thunderstorm.Nothing against bikers, I've pissed off plenty of hunters in Colorado with my YZ 400 but I think Pheno's mullet analogy fits perfectly.South Park had an episode concerning this very topic.Beautifull stuff.:)

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s13e12-the-f-word
^
The F Word
Everyone agrees they've had enough of the loud and obnoxious bikers that have arrived in South Park. The boys are taking on the Harley riders. They throw down the F word, and the game is on.

no no no. nobody's intimidated actually. Everybody realizes the only people that are so needy for attention that they need to dress up and be as loud as possible is you guys, and 16 year old girls. Just wanted to let you know your fucking fags.

-Eric Cartman

south_park___the_f_word-t2.jpg

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Motorcycles outnumber cars here by 2 to 1 or more.
holy crap!!!!!!!!!! where is this??? i wasnt even aware a single city had more bikes than cars, tho it makes sense financially. for medical reasons i havent been able to drive since the late 90s so im a bit out of the loop eheh

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
the thing is tho, i find it fuck**g cool ... i love the smell, the speed, the sound ... BUT, only when im at a race circuit!

When I hear some random zoom past my apartment at ridic speeds with his supercharged engine that serves no purpose for being noisy other than to say "look at me everyone, ive got a loud engine, anybody can get it so most would say i'm not special, but i feel I am!" ...

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Here's the deal Pheno, really.

Stock Harley's can be kept within state & federal muffler noise guidelines or they couldn't be titled for street use. A stock 88 cubic inch twin cam Harley makes 80 horsepower, the 96 inch twin cam makes less than that as the feds put the squeeze fuel efficiency regulations.

Problem is that they're capable of so much more, WAY much more HP, bored & stroked, naturally aspirated and of course those pesky mufflers just gots to go. I've ridden a couple of true strokers and it was beyond awesome, like riding a rocket.

I know you mentioned 'other' bikes being available but you'd have much better luck converting those same Harley riders to Jehovah's witnesses.

zingablack

livin my way the high way
Veteran
id rather be loud and heard, than quiet and hit.. been hit once, hopefully never again. but it did cross my mind afterwards. i wonder if that dumb fucker would have heard me if my bike was louder.

joe guy

Loud pipes saves life's, I can't stand those lil crotch rockets
That you don't hear untill he passes you 40 mph faster just as I was Gona change lanes. Give me a gutted glass pack any day...
But on the other hand I hate it when my kids just fell asleep and a hog
Flies passed me at full throttle and starts the process over lol..
What really erks me is the dill holes that buy a 40,000 dollar Harley and put a big ass apron windshield and sadel bags with a radio haha ha
Like he can hear that shitty radio over his pipes lol and as far as the side bags go I you need a trunk buy a car lol and for the apron and full face helmet if you don't like wind in your face buy a car lol...
Rider hear checking in guess I side with both views hear but hate quite bikes the most. Here we are allowed to split traffic( ride in between the cars ) only state you can do that I believe