What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

32 Kw Hash plant pheno hunt

rykus

K guys and girls, the time has come! going to be posting up some pheno hunts, First up is the hunt for a killer Hash plant strain out of my #11 pheno female that i kept for a couple years.

this Hash plant X is not all the standard lime green big stem hash plant BC is well known for.... it is a rather random cross of 5 ,some exotic "hash plants" as that term was dropped on all the killer clone only's around here for a good decade r so....

the first cross happened by accident in '03 my good friend started his out door in my yard, they pre flowered and so he came and grabbed just the females..... didnt remember to kill males or tell me,lol so x'ed with that famous bubbley lime green 2lbs Hash plant that is the classic BC HP.... these males where grown out and crossed with the "Coffee Cake" a very finicky true Hash plant that gets very fluffly bud if not enough light and grows a little larfy, but once dry showers dry crystal even if you crack a stem, litterally caked in resin with a rich earthy taste.... killer.... i have the clone only back after 8+ years so will test my males back to this beautiful and rare mother!

after this i used those males( i generally choose out the best 3 based on structure and branching) to polinate a greasy dark Hash plant I got out of Surrey in about '05-06.... it was still fetching 2300 a lbs when all the juicy jammers where down low 17-18 even for trips... this HP was greasey, purple tints, dark dark leaves and crystal that even when bone dry the scissors gummed right up and bud would chunk together as you cut! just a beauty....

these were the only seeds i had left when i got busted ..... def not my most worked line,lol but it was all i had after 10+ years breeding... started them up and was 2 keeper females #4 and #6.i F2'd out the one ,#6 ,i got the best most potent strains i had ever bred! unfortunately over the years i lost all these seeds and never did a F3..... Doh!

fortunatly i crossed those same males with every HP I had... the German was a huge yeilding HP that didnt shrink much at dry and was a great yeilder, middle road potency... my #11 was the freak out of 40 seed test batch, but overall the German was too dominant and made a lesser strain than the Old#6 F2 line...

the other female line from this i worked was the same males cross with the John bud from the old BC bud to the max thread, probably a NLxBCBB cross but no one really knows. I tried to do a BX to the Original John clone,but the moms were so weak they died and so i used the male to polinate a King Kush.... seems the John had a Dom REC traits because the out cross was huge!

Anyways trying to get back to the kills i got from the #6 F2... using my 2 #11 x's... so i started up 200 seeds, thanks to a mouse i ended up with 18 #11 F2 and 64 #11 x either the #6 males(would be ideal but seems less pollen from these...) or my john x King kush.

Last edited:

rykus

Getting some nice HP style growth now!

and here is a ribbon stem mutation! got a male ribbon stem too that smell great! 3 trifoliates too! one was true trifoliate and had 3 of the little round leaves!

bigger....

rykus

anyways, to make a long story short, this is a 98 lic place, a mouse ate a bunch of my seedlings so down to 21 per 8 light room... on top of that my Reefer man Pink Kush clone crop went 11 weeks because i had an issue early on.... seeds got too big in 2 gal's and when it got really cold here(for west coast Canada) the humidity spiked and i lost a bunch of side growth to mould.....

heres a shot of the one of the rooms filled with Reefs Pink Kush clones at about day 50 r so....

basically i put the seedling in the 15gal pots, broke the tops over at the 3 ft mark two days later to spread out the shock and encourage side growth. then about a week later i cut all the dominant branches that where shooting out down to 2 nodes each abouts and re broke or cut the tops..... anyways i FILLED the 3d space so even if some plants are a bit lacking on the bottom(i litteraly bent one in half because so few branches down low) the yield should be still good.... im hoping... pics soon on those monsters!

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Wow, nice project! Looks like you have your work cut out for you. Looks like fun! Interested to see the flowers.

rykus

Hey guys thanks for dropping in! Got a bunch of cool stuff started up right now!

Going to do 2 rounds of these #11 hpx strains, crossing the best smelling males with the Original Coffee Cake mom so round 3 will be 20 seeds each out of those 10 males x the Coffee Cake mom. I also grew a S1 out of the Coffee Cake for a year or so, was crazy purple and resinous, we called it Purple Cake.... Anyways got a purple kush x purple cake female seedling started, and 6 purple cake x #6 HP seedlings I'm already Bx'ing with the Coffe cake and doing a small F2 batch.

Also testing out some S1's I have, a master kush x I made that was really creamy and tasty, I have 14 of those, 5 of a purple biker strain called Viper, and 6 of the old King Kush that got bright pink hairs in early flower.

On top of that my friend Gave me 12 MKultra seeds, got5 females and am pollinating a pink kush female with a male right now. Got a nice purple pheno male looks like...

Also did a small test batch of a cross I made of my (NL/BCBBxKing kush)xReefs pink kush(HPxKing Kush)and it looks killer! Insane structure with a crazy kush reek. Doing 2 males Bx to the Pink mom right now and a purple kush x male to the pink as well!

My big shop is 6 12 light rooms...... Might .....have ......to....pheno....hunt! Going to do 400 of the NL/Bcbb King x HP King. They seem like even in the small test to be amazing!

Here's Reefermans Pink Kush clone strain for ya Coco

rykus

Just got given a box of old seeds including a few strains I made and lost!

Got 5 more of the Viper I already have 5 of.... Got all female the first time so maybe selfed, and a bunch of old timewarp from a guys dad, and a grapefruit bubba x timewarp too...

Also picked up a Skywalker , MazarZ and purple Afgani #3 clones...

Not sure how good they are but I'll try em somewhere I guess.

rykus

Thanks guys, slacking a bit on pics.... But I was out there today, day 22 of flower now and although I feel a bit under fed(just getting off the bottled nutes,lol) I'm starting to get a good idea of what I'm looking at!

I as an overall am liking my consistency, still a poly hybrid and expressing quite a range, but both ((od x hp) x CC)x shp that made the # 6 and the male from that crossed with the German that made the #11, where less consistent.

The batch the #6 came from was about half a throw back to the OD father or some hidden genes, huge buds but no crystal and very non ideal..... But the other half had gems, the #6 was greasey and devastatingly potent, #4 smelled amazing and had great flower structure and scent, pleasing potency but not quite as strong, more normal high.

The F2 seeds out of the #6 got 4 different distinct phenos, some where big stem big flowers, less smell and crystal but ok, then another 25% where same big bud and stem but greasey and more smell, still more a classic tree shape growth, the other 2 phenos had a range of size. And smell,but extremely crystaly, all very fruity and viney growth with less dominant top and many branches. Some had smallish bud though.

A few of these #6 F2 where the most potent and best smelling tasting strain I have made..... I REALLY think I may have at least one male from the #6 pollinated the#11 female seeds going..... A few have some classic tell tale hints of either recessive traits coming forward or that pollen showing up! The female #5 of the #6 male x #11 female smells just like one of those few plants I lost in the #6 F2 run....

It seems the plants from my #11 F2 are also looking promising, in the initial x to the German HP I gained a really nice dominant structure, and also out of 20 + females my over all yield and consistency was way better than even the #6 F2 run, but over all potency was down and I only had 1 special plant down from 25%+ in the original bag of seed I started with, and the 75% that where above average in the F2 with 25% of those being exceptional!

Just as a note the same males crossed with the John bud plant didn't throw very good smell or potency, but weight and structure where over the top, and when out crossed randomly to the King Kush brought out a Dom Recesive or co Dom gene from the John bud.... Very cool.... But not much help on the HP project...

Anyways I think the F2 of the # 11 (((ODxHP)xCC)xSHP)x German HP) is a. More consistent, b. Drawing up the nice genes of the #11 and hopefully a bit of genes lost to the German HP.

The #11 x either the #6 F2 males or the John x King males that would be a farther Bx (looking like a lot of this maybe....) is looking really good too, but I see a wider variance and I think in equal numbers maybe less keepers.... Either way I see lots of crystal forming and am getting some tasty whiffs of scents bringing me back to good memories!

Can't wait! I think I got at least 2 keepers chosen already,lol...

I am going to join here as a vendor. I already wanted too, but I thought I needed to work my lines hard for a year or two first.... Now I'm thinking I might start now...lol...

What do you guys think? If I test run and can post pics would you guys want to try seeds as testers or for the gypsy/server funds....

I only have enough of the ( John x King)x(Hp x King) that I am testing now so could be screened in a few months... If the quality /consistency is there anyways....

The #11 project would take me another 3 months but I wasn't quite happy yet and I think this run is my base line for consistency. I would like to be a keeper in every pack type breeder... Not a poly chucker, but I'm excited,lol.

Last edited:

rykus

I've had a crazy week, had rot get pretty bad at the big shop and while I was in the middle of that nightmare of stripping and prepping a dry room, watering 350+ 15gals and doing the daily grind I had an AC go down.... Wouldn't have been an issue as I have fans on a thermostat at 85.... But I was running behind and they got thirsty, like real thirsty....doh!

Anyways kinda sad about it, was down right pouty , but I'm over it... Most bounced back nice and everything has been going pretty well so I'm not going to stress, but I am sad I won't see the full expression on a few of these ladies... But my john/HP x King is all sprouting up and I filled most of my rooms the day after cut so nice quick turn around.

Just about to click my testers of the King S1's , the Kush S1's I made that came from my cream Mom, the MKultra seeds my bud scored me, and the viper test seeds from a different friend, said it was the darkest crazy crystal nuggs he'd seen..... And the 3 john/HPxKing test moms, super excited and I have some nice smelling phenos showing up in veg.

I'll get some pics up ASAP, but I'm still nursing them back a bit, don't wanna post up the bad,lol

Thanks again for the interest and pics are in the near future!

rykus

well I got some pics of the stout little John\HP x King super male!

and a few of some plant sex in action!lol

Here he is

and these are Pink Kush (HPxKing) clones and(males) Mkultra, 2 John/HPxKing, and a older HP brother to 11 x with the stouter darker Purple Kush we had up here in '07 '08... i did a Purple kush x pink and i got a crazy crystally male! so going to repeat that...

and a near finished bud of the pink, jus so you can see how she does in a hack job shit room from budding clones, lol

they turned around nice about week 3 lol

Last edited:

Tynehead Tom

ahhh the quest for the perfect hashplant hehehe. I miss my old school hashplant. Didn't yield much..... was a slower grower and only got an ounce or so off a 3 week veg in 5gal. She was however, probably, right up there with some of the very best weed I've ever smoked/grown.
thought about just buying up all the "hashplant" seeds can find and start breeding to look for something similar.... but as you know, it's a crapload of work and space needed.
when you get set up to share your seeds with the public thru icmag, sign me up ;)

rykus

Thanks guys! Yeah, I had that same HP you had... In '01, got heated out and gave my moms to buddy who killed them, never found her again, but my one friend cut 120# out of an 80 bulber with peters 15-35-15 was kill... Also going to say my buddy gave me a few C4 seeds, think they are shishkeberry x cotton candy... I'll let ya know how those are too, maybe do a swap if you have a good line too.

I also got the same cut in '07 I think already 2 weeks into flower.and called master kush... Didn't keep it doh! But was stupid potent! Smoked a j with my wife's boss and for like 2 yeRs any time I lit up he'd ask " that isn't that crazy shit is it?"

Going to try using the Coffee cake to get a real hash plant out of the Tahoe Og hopefully... Will keep you first in line if I find something up to par!

Got another project I'm really excited on! Still waiting on a piece of the genetic pie but the rest of the ingredients are in line for something special! I'll tell when I get it together!

Anyways thanks again you guys, feel honoured to have Relentless stop in too! But I'm done with mono cropping for a bit! Boring! It's time to find something new.... And having the coffee cake back in hand and now those time warp and Tw xgrapefruit bubba.... And I already had 2 lines of early TW crosses, one was a beautiful pink and crystaly female huge mid sept finish.. Going to roll hard with my OD stash and try and grow a California style tree! I've been studying up and I'm down for the challenge!

Cheers and hope you all are smoking something nice! AlwYs open to questions and PM's as well if you. Need a hand.

Last edited:

DunHav`nFun

Wanted to stop in and show respect for the hard work it takes to continuously be consistent with returns to pay the bills with....

Gotta ask how long Reef`s pink kush were vegged for , as well as how much each plant pulled....Looks like a trimmer`s dream with my kinda stretch and fill out with bare bulbs that I know well....anyways...

Thanks for your time , and good luck in finding all the grail pheno`s you hunt.....

Peace....DHF....:ying:....

rykus

Thanks Dunhavinfun! The pink kush is the local clone only, saw Reefermans takin cred for it so I rolled with that.... But I see a few others using it too...

Actually funny, people say it's a slow grower and small yeilder, but really it just is a little finicky, hates having her feet wet, and grows extremely slow when roots are contained.

I personally, coming from a hydro tree background like short veg and big stretch, so I do about 14 days in a 2 gal from a good size clone(at least 4 leaves and actually rooted) then another 10-14 in the big 15gal. I found they end up the same height if flowered between 16-32 inches but the bigger ones get more branching so usually will yeild more with enough light.

I have another thread more about my grow logic and approach if that kinda thing interests you as well, but like some of my mentors am a little 1 dimensional on my approach.... Not that I'm against experimentation, but like krusty said, why change it until you get it down and have the bills covered first,lol.

My average per plant this round was down slightly from the previous, but the numbers worked out to about 10 ounces per plant over the full 96, and the best room sitting just over a 12 per average that is more in line with a typical decent run. 1lbs per plant would give me 3 per 1000w so that is my eventual goal in pheno hunting..... I've seen 18.75 out of the 8 in the same room using fresh air/hydro/John bud strain... Using only 15 a room...so yeah wanna beat that then go from there,lol.

The staggered light rooms I just started running so we'll see.... Numbers per 1000 are good, but plants are way thinner with less room so def felt light on the cut, comparatively.

Thanks for the props, definitely felt the strain this last few years.... Tried to get in on the ground level of a big commercial op with some brain injury rich contractor.... Got the shaft, and almost went under keeping my old stuff on the back burner... I love cannabis and growing plants.... But the business is not as pleasant for me, and everyone wanting to take a piece is draining.... Trying to get hippies to work, and they think they're helping you and your making a killing on their hard work,lol

Anyways I digress... Love this shit, living it and going to use that to push through... Got at least three out of the F2 #11 x and one or two out of the #11 Bx .... Small for day 30ish IMO but the nose and the cake are both indicating those good high strength flowers like the #6 F2's of old! Sprouting my next round today.... Thinking of doing all #11 F2's! Seems like that's where the gold is. I'll snap a pic or two today!

Once again thanks all and exciting times are coming up fast, be stoked to anyone that wants to fallow along....oh yeah and we final strip heavy, so colour evens out in bag.... Makes trimming faster too, my girl did almost 6 lbs in a 10 hr day.... She's a fricken beast trimmer though! Pay that one by the # and we both happy ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts