What's new

rfeg23r23r23r

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
whenever i'm struggling for money i try to sell drugs or sex, that way i dont have to change my habits.

or maybe try growing weed? or something with computers, like designing apps, or go to school and get a real job

whatever you do, don't get too down on life. people can sense negative energy and it will only make things worse. or you can embrace your despair and become an expressionist painter like edward munch

the-scream.jpg

idiit

Veteran
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=278674

^ this is a "from seed" outdoor grow technique. if you have some seeds and an outdoor place to run them then at least do this. hopefully you will be around in the fall and you might have something of value to sell. you can use rr lines, wastewater lines, power lines etc.. for egress into many undeveloped commercial/public parcels. carrying a metal detector provides good enough cover for the "eyes on the ground".

try to get into a trim crew. you would have access to excess plant material for concentrates, make a decent wage and establish contacts for supply.

consider being a middleman for your crew you trim for. you might earn enough trust to work small quantities on a front.

cannabis is big biz. plenty of opportunities. you have 200 posts yet no friends. contact a few ic maggers in your area via pm's.. make contacts.

^ not bad starting point ideas imo.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
... I physically can't work construction (i'm not crippled but physically can't work 12hrs straight 6 days a week),..

why can't you? what's your problem?

how old are you?

there are no magic solutions man, anyone who tells you otherwise is trying to pull one on you.

you need to finish high school and discipline yourself, that's your start. then, you can enlist in the army and get some skills there, you can learn to fix tanks or helicopters, etc...

or do a course to become a line-cook.

or get a job flipping burgers or whatever other easy to get job that will at least pay for your basics and demand from you a minimum of discipline.

good luck!

its almost spring ive been in very similiar senerios before.camp out for the summer make a grow at your campsite fuckin rough it and worry about your plants.get a harvest in the fall and get some cash for it.ive done this and if i hadnt focused on it when i was down i wouldnt have got back up.maybe your in a big city so if you are go travel to the country and do your grow.you can grow right?

mowood3479

Veteran
I got no magic answer...other than what's been suggested and that's spend the next 6 mo growing as much herb as you possibly can...
It's worked for me once or twice

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Sounds to me like you are one lucky dude.
You. Are. Free.....

Got connections to strains? Get some and travel. Tàke legit GG4 (or several clown onlies)to those who can't get her.

Don't be honest about your past when filling out that job application. Apply for those jobs that are not likely to do background checks. Forget about the "luxury" items you don't have a right to them. It's survival time. Doing an outdoor clandestine grow is not the best thing for you right now as you may exacerbate an already bad situation. Land a job however meager the wage and work it like your life depends on it. In the future don't help others until you're situated such that you can do so without it being a burden.
Most important, examine and re-examine those events that led to the negative situation you're in now. Do not repeat them. Good luck anditwasfun.

the grow is a great idea for the right person.but if survival in the woods on cans of beans for 4 months aint yo thang then wally world always needs new recruits

waveguide

Veteran
been out a few times.. my advice, not necessarily good, is move to where the climate is good.. but all i know about is nature because humans are fucked.

work.. like i know a rescue for pot bellied pigs who are always looking for someone who can just fucking get up and do some shit.. needs a car and love for arizona.. but that place is cursed like everyone wants to flake on them, and they nor the pigs need it as they are good people.....

commune circuit, counterculture

..and i totally hear you on dabs.. weed is a grace to anyone suffering.. but also, i've never done fucking dabs man, isn't that where you light the weed with a $250k space shuttle booster rocket?

fuck man, i smoke maybe an 8th (of an ounce) a month, and i smoke all day. because i am a poor motherfucker who gets by for years in this shit. people are hitting dabs while i'm smoking an 8th? fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

i smoke weed and work (programming) which i sell for pennies - could make $, but make c, because i am not a piece of shit to other people. i use all that weed. the amount of time i get high and just relax is like.. i remember when i was young.

society is some bullshit, i'm sure both you and your dad will forgive you, because it's easy to make wrong choices when everyone is trying to take you. that's why we have felon raps, so we can take you easier. desperate people make good peons. fuck society, because it will only fuck everyone eventually. but definately watch the shit you do that affects people, more than anything financial or status.

anyway.. i got off the plane on the other side of the planet, bought a train ticket and had about $5 left. every time i'm homeless i eat rice and popcorn kernels (both dry, takes a long time to chew, but you got time) and maybe lemon juice when i can.

but shit i've never been homeless and done dabs. you may have to concede that.

i guess the one good thing i can say is having no shit to fall back on is a good time to master your shit, get used to things like deciding survival strategies then practicing them, get rid of some of the bullshit illusions about who you are, who society is, because those illusions can fuck you your whole life worse than being homeless.

it's like, no weed, put down the pipe, but i'm still fucking chill, because i gave up the bullshit. thank you, marijuana.

Growing takes resources and planning in order to do it right so it is not a good option for anditwasfun at this time. He needs to focus and make some changes to make his life better. High risk ventures, while profitable, are not the wise choice right now.
@Shcrews: you sell sex when you're low on money? Prostitute? Are you suggesting anditwasfun do likewise? Now there's some good advice :D

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
Growing takes resources and planning in order to do it right so it is not a good option for anditwasfun at this time. He needs to focus and make some changes to make his life better. High risk ventures, while profitable, are not the wise choice right now.
@Shcrews: you sell sex when you're low on money? Prostitute? Are you suggesting anditwasfun do likewise? Now there's some good advice :D

he can do multiple carports for under 1k ...if you cant get 1k together to invest then we have bigger problems but with his bad background and resume probably his best shot imo I mean hes in the right area unless hes an asshole are they really going to hassle him about a carport or two with all the huge grows up there depends on political climate and which city/county right? a successful harvest could get him back on his feet the job at Walmart is safe but is it rewarding? worth the risk imo shit i'm heavily invested in my so cal outdoor grow in the sticks if this doesn't come home i'm most likely leaving the state back to the oilfield 16 hour + days cold horrible bosses no more consuming cannabis yuk... i'll stop there hopefully doesn't happen. Start small maybe one carport then re-invest as much as you can would be my advice.

Lizard Fish

I have lost it all, twice, almost three times. This is not a story I normally share and very few people close to me even know about it. I had just moved back to the area after splitting amicably with a business partner and receiving cash and half the inventory. I moved to the country and started to fire up a 16 lighter and started selling off the business inventory.

It was a cloudy Sunday afternoon when I started noticing smoke and ashes in the air. By 5pm we started getting robo calls to evacuate. I had a dog and was caring for a friends dogs at the time. I packed up some genetics and got the car ready but I wanted to stay as long as possible. It was surreal, tons of people cruising down the road with their horses, goats and donkeys in tow, fire coming down the canyon 270 degrees around me. Around 3 am almost every house on the road was burning or had burnt down, only myself and another neighbor remained on my road. The firefighters abandoned the area to move to the front line, our neighborhood was a war zone. I thought maybe I could stay and save the house, if it weren't for the dogs. I would feel like total shit if our dogs were hurt by me trying to stay.

I left with a couple changes of clothes a few plants and the dogs and headed down the mountain. It would be four days till I was able to return to my destroyed house and barn. I can not describe the feeling, I lost all my future income and had very little cash left after building out the 16. My business inventory was my future cash flow, and of course the 16 lighter. All of it gone.

It had been 10 years since I worked for anyone besides myself. I also have a record, but I swallowed my pride and tried to find a job. Took a few months, I was living in my car, a mustang hatchback, taking shits at the beach bathrooms, and showering in the cold as showers in December. My skin was turning leathery. I took the first job that would hire me, a dirty stinky job at a Japanese fish processor. I loved fish so the meager pay wasn't so bad, and I was allowed to scrape the fresh salmon bones for meat to make burgers out of. I did this for a couple months till I could find someone on craigslist to rent a room from. It sucked balls, just months before I had everything, great food, lived by myself in a fat country house, plenty of toys. Now it was strictly survival and how to get back to that lifestyle.

I looked for potential roommates who were 420 friendly and close to my age. I found a decent place to get a room and continued working the fish job while dropping hints to my roommates about the potential to have a grow at the house. Convinced the roommates and started out with a tent with two lights set up in my room. I had about 24 square feet to sleep in. After the first harvest upped it to a four lighter and convinced my roommate to once again expand. After almost two years of working the stinky fish job and putting everything into making the grow bigger, all the hardwork payed off. I was able to afford a place of my own and my own grow.

Life was good again and I will never forget what I went through, but I couldn't of done it without busting my balls, swallowing my pride and getting dirty. To this day I still have panic attacks when I see fire trucks screaming down the road with their lights on. They are lessening as time goes by, and the what if thoughts about staying and trying to save the house are becoming less frequent as well. It has been almost ten years now.

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
Words from an old fucker that knows the system--

Life is episodic--meaning what you do today affects what you do tomorrow.

So with that as your basis, you have three "lives" which YOU control--no one else but you are at the helm of these three lives: today (short term), next months/years (intermediate term) and the next decades (long terms). Make a plan for each one!

Short term: shelter, food, security, etc--this means if you can not take care of yourself, then you must ASK FOR HELP. Lots of non-profits, churches, feel gooders out there are willing to help an "ex-con change his life"....few want FFF ex-cons (Find-em, Feed-em, Forget-em). Living in a campgrounds with a shit ass trailer/camper will keep the rain off your back until you scrap up a deposit for an apartment (got to have a real address--eventually). Roommate situations suck--but so does being on the street. Swallow your pride and do what it takes to live another day.

Intermediate term: Convert all your weaknesses to strengths. High school dropout?---Enroll in a community college and get a fucking GED. Lots of nonprofits offer FREE course work to pass the GED...and attending college is a bonus--as you are now associating with others that are in the same situations you are in: They attend college to learn so they can make more money later. Every college have guidance counselors to help you learn/apply for grants, loans, scholarships as well as help match your aptitudes with employment fields. Colleges do this and YOU DO NOT NEED A HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA TO ATTEND COMMUNITY COLLEGE. You must learn a new job (period) and stay away from "trade schools/colleges"....as they are bullshit. You want a "real degree" from a community college that is transferable to any state university....as these degrees are "most affordable" and "most respected" in both academia and professional worlds.

Long term: Where do you want to live/buy a house--make that your goal/dream. Now you have something to wake up everyday and chip away at.

Job, like now? Go where there is LOW UNEMPLOYMENT and apply for every job you can, making sure you ALWAYS ask for a "second chance" if you must disclose your legal situation. Yeah this means you will have to relocate (probably to a place with shitty weather) and work long/shitty hours...but you will have at least two things: ducats jingling in your pocket and real job on your resume (weakness->strength). Most POs will cooperate if you work with them--if not ask to be assigned a different PO (this means their supervisor will now review your file--so you better be squeaky clean).

Once you have a job interview or "bump into" the owner of a company one particular morning in the parking lot, this line (or something like it) will make them remember you, "Please let me do something to show you that I am reliable and an honest hard-worker. Do you have any ___________________ (storerooms, warehouse, bathrooms, storage sheds, equipment, etc) that you need _________________ (cleaned, painted, worked on, refurbished, etc)? Just show me the way and I will accept whatever you think I am worth.

If you don't deliver and keep your word--then buddy, no one will help you if you won't even help yourself.

Once you get an offer, then ALWAYS be at least half hour early (never, never late!)--this is the magic time where you can be around and be seen by those that decide who gets a raise/fired...plus it is good time to SOCIALIZE with fellow workers (small chit chat--game last night, crazy weather...small chit chat nothing about YOU). As a manger, it is hard to fire a guy that works hard and is ALWAYS early--compared to someone that is always 5-10 minutes late and gone at 5:01 PM everyday. As part of my job, I personally have fired more people due to "being late" than any other infraction. Timeliness is a HUGE DEAL for employers.

Certain industries will hire ex-felons (welding, automotive repair, smog techs, construction, petroleum, etc) and certain job markets do not (banking, finance, government, money handling positions, customer service, inventory, etc) so use common sense when selecting your target job market.

Final words of wisdom....when your life is at the bottom and you decide it is time to change--then realize you have nowhere but UP. Now the question is--not IF....but HOW FAST you are going UP. That sir, is entirely up to you....some prefer the tortoise speed while others travel at mach speed.

@Lizard Fish and EclipseFour20: just excellent posts/advice. Thank you for sharing. I hope anditwasfun reads those two posts closely and gives them much consideration.
Igrowmyown: you said: "Walmart is safe but is it rewarding?"
This guy is wondering where he's going to live and what he's going to eat and you want him to be fulfilled by his work?

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
@Lizard Fish and EclipseFour20: just excellent posts/advice. Thank you for sharing. I hope anditwasfun reads those two posts closely and gives them much consideration.
Igrowmyown: you said: "Walmart is safe but is it rewarding?"
This guy is wondering where he's going to live and what he's going to eat and you want him to be fulfilled by his work?

I said rewarding I never said fulfilled ...rewarding as in Pay.

Latest posts

Latest posts