What's new

Commercial MMJ strain

Man I love researching strains, but its sooo hard to narrow it down to a few :wallbash:

I'm looking for a Indica dom. plant that will flower in around 8-9 weeks and will do well in a SCROG.

I'm going to stay under 100 plants, so here is what I'm thinking:

24 - Chronic (Serious female seeds)
20 - Great White Shark (Greenhouse Female seeds)
40 - Grapefruit Fly (Grapefruit x C99)(Mosca Negra Standard) (20 female)
20 - Chrystal (NL5 x White Widow)(Nirvana Female seeds)

contenders: Legends Ultimate Indica,

they will all finish in around 65 days (give or take 5 days)

Has anyone grown these? They seem to be high yeilding/quality strains.

Does anyone have any suggestions that aren't here?

Last edited:
I

Iron_Lion

PPP yields well, but I dont care for the high.

Nirvana crystal is some nice herb, also yileds well but Im guessing like anything else its all about selection.

facelift

This is the money you could be saving if you grow
Veteran
Thank goodness I found your post...

I'm currently growing the Nirvana Chrystal and I'm disappointed. Maybe I got the sativa phenotype. Tiny ass buds and no well defined cola. It's growing like the AI. It may be the NL that's causing the poor yield. It's supposed to be ready at the end of April, but if something doesn't kick in gear, I'll be out of weed in a few days after harvest. I'll be lucky to get 1/4 ounce from 2 plants. If you go with Chrystal, you'll be looking for a commercial grower just to supply yourself.

Save yourself a headache and go with Nirvana's Papaya. Not Chrystal. I have great success with the beans from the breeder pack.

Not to rip into Nirvana's operation, just that strain. If he wasn;t willing to ship overseas, I'd still be growing bag seed.

Maximum Yield

Speed Queen

Speed Queen

I like Speed Queen or HashBerry from Mandalaseeds.com in Hydro.... I just finished up a 2 -1k watt hortlux super hps flowering.... with a mix of those 2... I had 48 plants in DWC - grew them exactly as they recommended from seed and pulled just over 5 pounds (dried)....

95 percent of my grows are indicas in sog, my favorite so far is kens gdp it bulks up nice and flowers super fast, ive grown nl-5 many times in sog 2 it yields more than kens but i like kens smell nl-5 has almost no smell at all but is perfect for what you want, if you can get your hands on green crack thats a great strain 2 for what you want, i had dna's sharksbreath and that was bad ass in sog it was super short and bulky and turns solid white but my dog got in my mother room and ate her, i know what your saying its so many 2 chose from

Facelift- Thanks for the input, chrystal was at the bottom of my list, so i might just have to let that one go

Maximum Yield- Ya I really really like Mandalaseeds. I grew out about 4 packs of Kalichakra, and it was one of my favorite strains (cheap in price too) I'd def. consider using them again. How long did it take to flower the hashberry and speedqueen? how was their yield? (very interested)

purpleblockhead- Ill look into that one, never heard of it. I almost like the idea of not having a smell (at least for the grow part). I might be able to get a clone of green crack, so Ill look into that also

thanks for the comments

what does GDP stand for? I think he was saying that his NL-5 didn't smell. My personal favorite strain is Lifesaver, but I'm trying to get something a little higher yielding.

bergerbuddy

Canna Coco grower
Veteran
I haven't grown most of those strains however I would point out that when mixing strains its important to consider if they will all us the same nute mix?

I grow 4 different strains.... each one is a bit diff.. but for example... my oger kush... has to be grown with a totally different nute mix... else it doesn't do well at all....

My point.. make sure the strains you grow... mix well together... both in growing and in what you feed them.... or be prepared to place different types together under sets of lights and to have seperate rezs to feed each strain with..

peace

Ya absolutely, at least for the first grow I'm going to use a Moonshine soil mix. If any strain needs more nutes ill add if needed. It would be harder in hydro and I have a lot more exp w/ the moonshine mix.

H

highsteppa

misty

misty

I'd look into Misty--never ran her but supposed to be a huge yielder with better than average qualities for tha kind of plant. Its related to white widow in some way.

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
what does GDP stand for?

Grand Daddy Purple. The Kens Grand Daddy Purple is the best Grand Daddy Purple cut. Thing is it is so smelly in Veg you will give yourself an ulcer worrying about the smell. Nothing will contain Kens Grand Daddy Purple smell in veg. As it flowers the smell lessens over time.

yea nl-5 has almost no smell at all, its a short bushy indica that has a very nice yield, kens gdp is the best of the best granddaddys its what outlaw used 2 make magic merlin and its whats ojd just got, ojd will be releasing s1's and crosses in time, i have a real cut its insane and like reservation said the smell is hard 2 contain i run 2 scrubbers and it still smells outside, im in the bay area purples are very popular 95 percent of my grow is kens in sog

also Id say try C99 or a cross of it. It finishes rather quickly. If you can find that right pheno with weight youll have quality smoke in commercial amounts.