Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science > The Lounge : Growers Round Table Discussion Thread

Thread Title Search
The Lounge : Growers Round Table Discussion Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-13-2018, 08:43 PM #791
jidoka

jidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to all
Here is my problem. I have an opinion but not enough facts for it to mean much. Can you get a Spectrum test?

Old 12-13-2018, 09:28 PM #792
bsgospel

bsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of light
Did that scoop density raise any eye brows for anyone else? Vs the cec and phos. nonetheless?
bsgospel is offline Quote

Old 12-13-2018, 10:08 PM #793
Ibechillin

Ibechillin is a name known to allIbechillin is a name known to allIbechillin is a name known to allIbechillin is a name known to allIbechillin is a name known to allIbechillin is a name known to allIbechillin is a name known to allIbechillin is a name known to allIbechillin is a name known to allIbechillin is a name known to allIbechillin is a name known to all
Anyone in here have solid understanding of silicon, mono/ortho silicic acid, choline stabilized mono/ortho silicic acid and polymerization that would be willing to share? The topic of bio silica came up in the silicon thread in my signature as well as using sand as a silicon source, and someone mentioned his plants seem to be eating the sand over time. Im pretty sure the silicon in sand (quartz/silicon dioxide) is hardly plant available and the small portion that becomes available monosilicic acid is lost to Oligomerization/polymerization. I tried to explain it as best as i can from what I understand, Thanks if you can help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibechillin View Post
Sadly Pseudoscience works the same way, and dunning kruger aint helping much either...
The Science Of Grow Lighting (HPS, CMH, LED) & Photosynthesis Explained!: (Sticky Thread!)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358147

The Drying and Cure Process Explained In Depth, Information On Long Term Preservation:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358186

Tons Of Information On Growing, Root Systems and Breeding:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=344347

Silicon, The Misunderstood Element.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352413

Tons of information on Humic/Fulvic acid and sources:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352265

HOW TO GET 1.5+ GRAMS PER WATT!:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....330588&page=29

A Guide On When To Plant Outdoors & Force Flowering:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352312

Last edited by Ibechillin; 12-14-2018 at 03:06 AM..
Ibechillin is online now Quote

Old 12-14-2018, 06:03 AM #794
frankslan

frankslan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jidoka View Post
Here is my problem. I have an opinion but not enough facts for it to mean much. Can you get a Spectrum test?
Ya Im thinking about it Im doing more research, lots of good info on here. Im falling down the rabbit hole.

Spectrum is the best place to test? They weigh the sample correctly?

When I sample should I screen it? I took out some of the pumice out last time.
frankslan is offline Quote

Old 12-14-2018, 06:07 AM #795
frankslan

frankslan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsgospel View Post
Did that scoop density raise any eye brows for anyone else? Vs the cec and phos. nonetheless?
I havent seen anyone on here with a cec that high.
frankslan is offline Quote

Old 12-14-2018, 11:30 AM #796
jackspratt61

jackspratt61 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankslan View Post
Ya Im thinking about it Im doing more research, lots of good info on here. Im falling down the rabbit hole.

Spectrum is the best place to test? They weigh the sample correctly?

When I sample should I screen it? I took out some of the pumice out last time.
Dry your sample and sift through a colander,label your sample asking for the k-3 test.
You're on your way now!
jackspratt61 is offline Quote

Old 12-15-2018, 04:47 AM #797
led05

led05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibechillin View Post
Anyone in here have solid understanding of silicon, mono/ortho silicic acid, choline stabilized mono/ortho silicic acid and polymerization that would be willing to share? The topic of bio silica came up in the silicon thread in my signature as well as using sand as a silicon source, and someone mentioned his plants seem to be eating the sand over time. Im pretty sure the silicon in sand (quartz/silicon dioxide) is hardly plant available and the small portion that becomes available monosilicic acid is lost to Oligomerization/polymerization. I tried to explain it as best as i can from what I understand, Thanks if you can help!
He’d have a lot better luck with amorphous silica, if nothing else it’ll help hold other minerals in the medium
led05 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.