What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

how do you get super stinky smelly weed?

M

manwithnoname

mine have always stunk really nice. this last time i had one that smelled like freshly cut alfalfa. not that good of smell. i did harvest pretty early tho, that might have had something to do with it. i dont really know, just throwing it out there.

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
as has been said...go through some different strains (that are known to smell) and you'll be sure to find something that stinks....if a strain/cut dosnt have the smell in it...really nothing you can do to make it smell.HH. =]-~

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
glass sealable jars, i swear by them. I have put mediocre smelling weed in a nice Ball Jar and the next day when i popped that b1tch i was hit in the face with dank smelling goodness.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
I saw a nice tip the other day that said "if your jarred herb get a little over dry - add some fresh leaves from your grow room..."

dontstepongrass

M.U.R.D.A. / FMB crew
Veteran
i prefer fresh fan leaves over wet paper towel for rehydrating jarred buds. 4-8 hours later (check on buds so proper moisture level can be achieved) buds are ready to go and leaves can be removed.

Retardo Motabon

Seenyourmember:0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Agreed on the leaves! What could make more sense than that. Humidifying sstones can ruin a jar, other organics like bread, lettuce, or orange peels can change the scent but moistening dry herb with herb? Heck yes!

H

Hal

so...what strain were they? I've grown a couple of Nirvana strains, I was real happy with the weed, great buzz, but hardly any smell. I have a feeling that Nirvana doesn't put too much effort into the aroma side of their breeding. Obviously, a company that sells their beans for a fraction of what the high end breeders do will have some shortcomings.

In the end, though, the most important quality is the buzz it gives ya. After that gets taken care of, then I will start caring about the aroma/taste/colors.

sashiva

so...what strain were they? I've grown a couple of Nirvana strains, I was real happy with the weed, great buzz, but hardly any smell. I have a feeling that Nirvana doesn't put too much effort into the aroma side of their breeding. Obviously, a company that sells their beans for a fraction of what the high end breeders do will have some shortcomings.

In the end, though, the most important quality is the buzz it gives ya. After that gets taken care of, then I will start caring about the aroma/taste/colors.

that seems really odd as many/all (i forget) of nirvana's strains have been crossed with a purple skunk male, hence the prevalence of purple phenos in many of their seeds. maybe its just the strains your growing, for example NL or WW don't stank that much but something like afghani or AK-48 will.

H

Hal

Yeah, I know about the skunk mix....was it a purple? Now that you mention it, I do remember folks talking about having purple show up in Nirvana strains.

I never got the purple colors, but then again, I haven't grown too many gardens yet.

I grew the Nirvana northern lights and bubblelicious.

squagglewapper

dude the bartender where i work is a naturally stank person.. i've seen products for fighting like chronic foot odor and whatnot, some human genos just produce stankies. Think about your girls like that. find one that does stink and clone. just because you get seeds from it doesnt necessarily make it genetically similar (at least in the final product), anything could happen.

20north

you prob smoke 2 much and cant smell it buddy get a vaporizer man sorry to be blunt but that could totaly be the case and you could have just gotten some hydro that wasnt dryed yet

uhh look in to something like master kush and things like that mk ultra deff has a reeky skunk

think about if you didnt dry it enough it would obv still have a big reek untill its completely cured i cure for a very long time as long as i can

Marick23

Dank... This community is all about cannabis and all her different aspects.

There is no such thing as a stupid question. MOST of the community here are extremely helpful and dedicated to the perpetuation of Cannabis...

Haps wow man you can grow marijuana... If your not willing to teach the ones that want to learn than whats the point? Saying you attacked him because your an asshole is a cop out, bitch ass, coward excuse. You didn't attack him because your an asshole. Your an asshole because you attacked him.

Don't be a chump. Tell us why your really pissed? too many faces at IC asking newb questions that your tired of taking the time to read? Maybe grandma didn't let you wear the pink dress to 1st grade? Maybe grandma "made" you wear the pink dress to 1st grade?

Haps don't be a herpe. Apologize to the guy for biting off his head.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Marick, you're trying to beard the wrong lion in the wrong den. Haps may have been brusque but he was spot on. Your post however, is a flat out attack. Devoid of information or value with no other intention than to inflame, it's referred to as trolling and is a direct violation of the TOA.

Welcome aboard.

steppinRazor

cant stop wont stop
Veteran
i cruised through this thread kinda half-assed so if this was mentioned.. sorry.

i've always kinda had trouble having buds get too dry, crispy really, and then have also had nugs i thought were at their prime of dryness only to open the jar a couple days later and discover some RANK shit.

i did discover this trick about paper bags tho. i now dry for a few days maybe 4, basically until the stem can snap and the buds feel dry to the touch.
jar that shit up - im gonna say around 12 hours - then toss the bud (gently) into a paper grocery bag and fold over the top. i prefer the bud to be somewhat layered for optimal slow dry..

the reason i like the paper bag is cuz it allows the bud dry out a bit slower, and yet still breathe, rather than just having it laying out.

could be strain dependant but i noticed the slower the dry the better the smell. and really over all better product in general.

an ounce all wrapped up in a ziplock will easily stank up a room.

hell just the other day i had one nug in my pocket and the whole damn car smelled like a dead skunk

W

Weedman Herb

Both WW's I have grown were stinky (Wh Widow and Williams Wonder) ... hmmm

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
Grow a skun strain, guaranteed stank if it's really a skunk breed.
I find my organic nugs smell spicier but not stronger than when I grew the same strains in bubblers :2cents:

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
Ah, a puppy. Mr red dress, I ain't the one who posted a valentine thread now am I? I was trying to be nice when I saw that, did not make fun of ya. Granny was the salt of the earth, lets leave her out of it.
H

Marick23

Not sure Brusque is the word I would use to define Haps response to Dank. There was also good information in that post... Theres no such thing as a bad question is good info. :)

I don't know about bearding a lion. I don't like cats. The dens out sorry claustrophobic. As to the rest you are absolutely correct. My post was inflamming. After thinking about it. I agree it was probably trolling too. and I didn't need to know what color the kool aide was. What needed to be said had already been said.

Haps my post was intended to get a reaction out of you. I was stoned when I wrote it. Of course we can leave grandma out of it. Using Grandma was low and for that I apologize. I tend to put a cape on when I smoke. I thought you were way too hard on the guy for a public forum. I thought you could have sent him a pm if you wanted him to know how you felt.

Thanks for the welcome by the way!

Latest posts

Latest posts