What's new

Nirvanas $15.00 seeds

G

While I have never purchased Nirvanas $15.00 seeds I am curious as to anyones experience with them. Indicas, medical in particular.

I don't mind losing some bucks, just months of effort for non-performers.

Happy Growing

Peace :wave: :laughing: :jump:

Last edited:

trybud

this year im finally letting go of a nirvana bubblicious that ive had for 5 years. i had good runs with the few nirvana strains that ive tried. heres a few that i can vouch for:
white rhino, hindu kush, ak48 and i cant remember if it was a haze or NL that yielded like ive never seen since (considering the size of the plants)....i feel theres lots out there thats better but you cant go wrong w/ them

I

icon

nirvana's seeds are great company ive grown half of their strains & have for
the most part 99% of the time been very pleased. you get alot of mixed phenos
which i like cuz it gives me a great variety to choose from for cross breeding.
another breeder that is worth looking into thats inexpensive would be mandala seeds.
w0Rd

scrappy

On the road to clone only...
Veteran
I too have had luck with Nirvana strains...I've had 2 strains for like 3-4yrs maybe more...white widow...jock horror..and ak-48.....love them...the widow I have is great for sleepy time...knocks me out...happy growing

G

Do the mixed phenos possess hermie traits more than others? My indoor growing conditions are premium, so environment wouldn't trigger hermisim.

Sure are a bunch of good folks in here, thanks for sharing.

Happy Growing

Peace

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Not bad, but what icon said i found true.. Lots of variety... Like I found a really nice fruity sativa dom in my northern lights, and wicked solid purple budded Pure Power Plant.

You can certainly find nice keepers in a pack, and I'd say the genetics I grew out ended up being about 5x better then anything I could of purchased locally, so i was always pleased. But as for being true to their strain names, I'm stumped at how there can be so much variety, and so many purple plants as well. Anyone notice that? I know in many of their varieties a purple pheno can be found. I've seen a purple ak-48, my purp ppp, purple rhino, purple widow. Then I look at the breeders offerings and the purple phenos can't be found.

Does anyone know, or has nirvana ever mentioned how they produce their seed? I've heard rumor everything was bred to a male skunk,nl, or widow, and others say there just f2 offerings meaning they buy seeds grow them out, cross males to females and sell the seeds?? Does anyone have any info on this?

At any rate I found them to be worth the $15 and like icon said if your into searching for plants to mess around and make some seeds with you have good chance of finding something to work with..

117839-26-ppp-buds.jpg

1178310-1-nl.jpg

Doing the breeding thang... pollinated with Wonder Diesel
11783post_105_pic_1.jpg

11783post_105_pic3.jpg

11783post_105_pic2.jpg

est1977

Nirvana strains arw really good bang for the buck i had quite a few phenos of papaya when i grew it out as well as cali orange ,white widow and white rhino nice stuff for a nice price

J

JollyGreen

I've had good results with the bubblicious and papaya very good for the price. The bubblicious grows very compact even under a small amount of light.

P

perakko

hey guys, i'm thinking about going with nirvanas master kush and nl x haze in the coming winter, any experiences with these strains?

G

Purple AK-48? Like this one? Nirvana' White Widow and AK-48 made me happy. I still have a mother of each. I personally think the White Widow is a beast outside(huge) sorry no pic's yet. You can't go wrong with Nirvana at $15.00 a pack, great deal imo. :joint:

Outdoor AK-48 2006

Dried & Cured

Last edited:

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
ShaolinBushido said:
Years ago now I found the Nirvana Blueberry to be worthwhile.

Nirvana hasn't got a blueberry, it has a 'blue' strain called Blue Mystic, with faint blueberry properties. It grows short and yields well under good circumstances, which makes me think it has been crossed with an Afghani, or maybe a white strain, since Nirvana classifies it as such.
The only Nirvana strain I know of worth calling bunk is their Haze, which throws up many different phenos, some Indica dominant, and is a waste of time for someone aspiring to grow haze.
I've grown a few Nirvana strains through the years (White Widow, Ice, B-52, White Rhino), and seen a few other Nirvana grows up close. I've compared some of their strains (which are basically plagiarism, taking a well-known quality strain, F2 or cross them into something similar, and sell them with a similar name) to the originals, such as AK 48 vs AK 47, Jock Horror vs Jack Herer, Bubblicious vs Bubblegum or Blue Mystic vs Blueberry. Without taking the odd winner pheno into account, their strains are good, a great deal for the price they sell for, but they rarely live up to the originals.
Nirvana - and many other breeders - cash in on other breeder's work, and it might be a moral issue to some whether to support it or not. Unless a copy excells the original, I rather place my money with those who earned it (genetics from breeders such as Serious seeds or THSeeds are not too expensive IMO, and from a pack of seeds clones and F2:s can be made to reproduce those genetics almost infinitly, so yes it's worth it). Then again, I understand that newbie growers and people with empty pockets start growing with Nirvana. Low cost breeders put pressure on the high end seed market to keep their prices down, so they do fill a function.

G

My first "successful" store bought seeds was Nirvana B-52. My choicest female is quite potent but always hermis well into flower. Just enought to make a few seeds. Sometimes in my LSD and Juliet ladies - which really pisses me off.

Back thennnn,,,, they were $5 a pack

For the money,,, it's hard to go wrong. One tip - especially starting out, grow a few more plants than really plan on wanting. First, about 1/2 are males and secondly, if one or two get sick and less than healthy, you will have others to focus on.

Sick and unhealthy plants can take weeks to recover - (If they do recover) and that's hard if you only have a few plants

I'd take issue with accusations of plagerisim,,, maybe a little.
If we were breeding dogs, it wouldn't be a problem. Mutts are fine with me if they are priced right.

That said - I haven't shopped Nirvana's seed list lately.

Last edited:
G

Thanks Rosey and Solar. I think I will give a few of them a try, maybe 10 strains just for giggles and grins. Might even find a fews nice ones out of the batch.

Oh! by the way.........I do or have raised JOTI, Serious, DJ Short, DP, etc. and have a number of mothers by them. New to the forums, not new to growing.

Happy Growing

Peace

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
i had horrible germ rates with the bubblicious. only one popped and it was a piece of shit from the beginning. never going back to nirvana again... some people buy multiple packs and can never find keepers. i say go for mandala. they are good yielders and the landrace genetics in them allow them to thrive in many conditions in poor soil and little feeding. you can't go wrong with any of them. for $15 you can also get white label's white skunk. it is supposedly white widow x super skunk. i grew it twice and found that there were only 2 main phenotypes . the first time i grew it, i found a pink pistil pheno, but never got to save it.

Last edited:
G

i have ak48,jock horror,and white rhino.i have tryed to germ a pack of Bubblicious and hade bad germination . i hope i get a better germ out of the rest. i did have a better grow from ther cali-o and hade one keeper and did not clone her i am kicking myself for.i grew out some chrystal and thay did not get any one high.i still have 5 seedes left so maybe ther is a better pheno.who knows i also hade a pack of 130 buck pack of sensi nl and thay hade bad germ to so who knows.

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
I grew out about a dozen pkgs of Nirvana beans my first year back, like weed 101, on a tight budget. I reckon they are ideal for cabinet grows, mostly smaller phenotypes, but nice tasty weed. I liked the pure power plant, widow, blue mystic, northern lights, jack herer, and citral. The kush and top 44 were losers for me, not worth the effort.

In looking at the pictures posted here, it is, in my opinion, obvious that the breeder at nirvana has let some of the pollen from their purple power plant, [or whatever they call that strain now, it is purple star elsewhere I think], pollenate some of their other strains so they have purple phenotypes, it is visually obvious to a breeder who has grown that strain, and used it for some breeding projects early on. I am not condeming this, just observing. Reckon it is a bigger better deal to get a purple pheno in a bargain.
H

I

icon

alot of nirvana strains do very well outdoors even some of the indoor strains.
also ive had bad germ rates with a few strains but for the most part ive had good germ rates & figure i just got a bad batch.

from what i read nirvana crosses everything with a skunk#1,super skunk,white widow or afghani.i think i read it on here somewere.

i grew masterkush outdoors had different phenos.i got a sativa pheno that gave me visuals too strong & i looped it (paranoia)

blue mystic outdoors

its was about 1 1/2ft tall & harvested about 1 1/2 oz. so about an oz per ft.
i know i should be carefull about my face but this doesnt really look like me
oh & before you tell me i know IM A BIG DORK!!! :pointlaug

thcbound

I grew 2 nirvana strains, Papaya and Master Kush. Both were good solid indicas that tasted and smelled nice. Not the most potent in the world but still a quality smoke. Good luck