What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Plants

There is no "best" strain, it's mainly personal preference. Not to be rude, just stating the facts. Not to mention THC percentage isn't the only thing that determines how strong the bud will hit you. Phenotypes can also vary, so you can't be sure that one strain will necessarily have more THC than another. there are plenty of outdoor "purple" strains that will fit the bill for you, but remember there is no guarantee of the plants turning purple. Some may turn purple a small percentage of the time, some might almost all turn purple.

It also depends on the type of strain you want, do you want a sativa or indica? I'd do some research on here, and figure out what fits you best. One persons favorite strain might be another persons least favorite...

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Female Seeds Purple Power is ideal for Central Europe. I don't know what else you can finish there, but PP is a good choice for sure.

Wu-Skunk

Here i can finish most sativa hybrids...i look for some sativa/indica purple strain....
hmmm female seeds....that is one of many purple strains....
I have Grapefruit form FS and the % of germination is preatty bad...and i am not fan of the female seeds....

WAMEN

Joint Date: Today.
Veteran
First thing first: SweetIndica is perfectly right about that^^^ and asloThule's post is a very good advice: PP is a very good strain for wet autumns like ours in CentralEU , grows big and the quality is respectable for OD .. Been growing out PP (pre 2000) and PP crosses for quite some time now and i assure you its got some good genes to work with if you wanna cross it with something else.. the purple phenos are actually quite rare ( im not talking about Female seeds PP or Puple Tops from Paradise) but they lack of potency imho.. white phenos grow bigger and provide more potency.
Purple Peace is another famous purple strain for European climates, originated in europe and very suitable for our climates.. especially in Cold/wet places.

WAMEN

Joint Date: Today.
Veteran
New PP from Nirvana aint as good as the previous PP grown in the 90s.. but you could start looking for good phenos in there as FemaleSeeds gear is totally different.
I actually believe that Nirvanas are quite shitty seeds.. but theyre cheap and i think there must be a couple of good phenos in there for sure.

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
twilligt, purple#1 and purple peace are nice commercial purples for your climate. also the purple princess is very good, but only to be found in one coffeeshop in den haag holland.

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
middle Eu .... , which latitude are you ... ??? i grew Dutch Dragon , Sweet Purple , Sensi Star , Peacemaker and some others on my balcony @ 47°NL with no problems for them to mature ... :) , just the streetlights are a bit shitty ... :D so keep it dark around your plants and you will be fine ... , and definately go for a stronger strain than any purple´s

Fj

Wu-Skunk

i leave near the mediterran sea....the flowering and mold here is not the problem...
Hmm nice,but how many % of purple strains turn purple during flowering with high temperatures?

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
why do you consider a purple plant in the environment you live .. , you could finish about 50% the strains available in your region ... , just take one youre interested in , with good reputation on the forum ... , like Legends Ultimate Indica or Blockhead , Sweet tooth1.1 ,etc .... :)

Wu-Skunk

These year i grow Haze from nirvana and now are full of fluffy buds....i think that will finish here....if haze finish the weather and latitude is perfect for all sativa hybrids but i am not a fun of sativas...:

Because it is so beauty that purple buds and leafs....and outdoors that strains explode.../my friend have a purple plant outdoors but the seeds was unknown...
and purples are more resistent then the sativas here....

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
man i would go for c99, sensi star, fjällhögas stuff, hashberry, deep chunk, etc etc etc. only few purple strains beat them for shure.

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nirvana´s Haze is not pure haze .... , its crossed with their sk#1 several times ....
If you have your growing style dialed in well , i would rate you to switch to seeds of higher quality than Nirvana´s ... ,

Fj

Wu-Skunk

These session I have Grapefruit,Deep Chunk and here this strains grow very well...
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=60928 - here is my 07 grow

Yes but its still a mostly sativa strain ...

Look into my grow and tell my....next year i am starting to buy some seeds....here is the pre list:::::

Indica:
- white widow /// don´t know the bank
- purple widow 20€ /de Shaman seeds
-/ IBL,PURE INDICA

Sativa:
-White Label:Amnesia White 85€
-Dutch Passion –Power Plant 40€
- C99/Grapefruit ???? femaleseeds.nl

F1 Hybrid:
- Dutch Passion – Skunk#1 22€
-Magus Genetics:Warlock 60€
-White Label:White Rhino 36€
-Paradise Seeds : Belladonna 30€

In the list its not still ruderalis genetics and purple plants....what still is not there?

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Deep Chunk is one of the best Pure Indica´s available ... and will ever be !!!

Magus and Paradise is a treat as well , you cant go wrong with their varieties ... ,
as well as SOL , Legends Seeds , Serious Seeds are very good breeders :)

forget Dutch Passion ... , they got many varieties but thats it ... :D

Fj

Wu-Skunk

How it is with White Label Amnesia and White Rhino?
and where can i find some good skunk ????and the high yeld sativa?

This is a cross between GG and a seedling descended from purple power

Some of the seedlings from earlier crosses are so dark that they seem almost black and coloring occurs no matter how warm it is as this pic was taken a few days back. Potency is middle of the road but that can always be improved by future crossing.
Slart

Wu-Skunk

Yes but if this ganja is not for sell ,the black color is nice.....i will do a quick search...

Can anyone tell my what is not on my list?special strains????