What's new

I SMELL A RAT!!!!

BlindDate

Veteran
Is this damage from a rat or is it some kind of stem rot? Has anyone seen this before? It looks like its been gnawed 3/4 of the way around! The plant still seems to be doing well however.

Last edited:

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Something was chewing on it DAMN man wth:) Look for those little rat turds in the pot but yes they have been knawed on.

Mr.Wags

KingRalph

hahaha yeah... first time i came across that i though a miniature beaver was on the loose... but yeah mice like to do that... the plant will keep growin, but the mouse will also keep gnawin unless caught, and then the plant will die... so catch the wanka! good luck...

BlindDate

Veteran
Well, I'm setting up some rat traps asap. I'm also going to wrap my trunks in metal screen about 12" up. Do you think that they would try to climb up the plant and gnaw the first unprotected area??? Hell, I can't wrap the whole tree!
Someone told me that they are trying to get nest material yet I had a bunch of burlap bags around that were untouched.

Bastards...

Last edited:

Guest423

Veteran
antifreeze.....animals love the taste of sweet antifreeze....they drink it and later their insides get all fucked up and they die.....people used to do it to stray dogs and cats.

D

dre86

I would try to prevent the rats from coming in to the grow room first. Once they found a way they will come back.. You have an opening somewhere where they come through, putting a screen would help there.

btw: rat excrement is really gross, full of bacteria and spreads diseases..

damn,, that fucking sucks having a rat gnawing at ur girls...

i like the anti freeze tip,,, thats what i would be doing,,,

like dre said to,, u should find out where the little fuckers are getting into the grow room from and fix it up so they cant get back in again....

i hope u get rid of this rat soon, as it would be a shame to lose one of ur girls to a rat...

Guest423

Veteran
lol, dude you wanna know what sucks, i had this hole behind my stove and some mice were getting in because it's getting cold out so they are looking for a retreat, i set a bunch of snap traps and went to sleep.....i heard a few go off and then some noise like they were pulling the traps around....i woke up in the morning and 2 mice disappeared trap and all.....well i found 1 trap with the mouse in it but the other i can not find for the life of me and the fucker has been stinking for about 2 weeks....nothin like the smell of decaying mice lol

never had mice problems in the house, but in a old barn. You want to tie a piece of fishing line or yarn to the snap trap and to a stationary object. If they are big enough they will take the trap for a run, and you will have a stink problem like T2U :) I use to get rats big enough to escape withe snap traps with out death. I would find them snapped and stretched as far as the string would go, and there would be no rat or mouse to be found anywhere.

afropips

Hiya,
No need to exterminate the rodents?
Coax the perpetrators away from your grow to
a suitable place for them to live like the garden shed
with some food. They love chocalate & can't resist.

Thay use trained Rats in Mozambique to identify landmines.
In Malawi most huts have a few Gonzo/Mbewa (Rats & Mice)
living in the rafters. When its hard times they are BBQ'D & eaten
off the skewer.

Cool Runnings.........

Latest posts

Latest posts