What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Iran, Pakistan, and North Korea the best places to go breed large scale?

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lately I have been pipe dreaming about saving up some money and going somewhere where I can get away with legally popping thousands of seeds at a time and make selections. Of course I am pipe dreaming mostly but hey this is how shit begins. So I am looking up worldwide cannabis laws and I find this wikipedia page with alot of the worlds marijuana laws summed up.

Skimming through it I notice the three best places for growing weed legally are, Iran, North Korea, and Pakistan. That is some pretty sad shit. Well pretty sure an American will get their head cut off in any of those places once entering. I can't say I blame them either but lets not get into to many politics.

Where do you guys think is the best place to lay low for a few years and run through thousands of seeds? Why? Best means safe physically, legally, and cheap. Does this place even exist? Am I going to have to stake claim to a settlement on Anartica? Whatever happened to the IC island we were all going to throw in on?

Here is the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_cannabis_by_country

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
the wikipedia info presented is a bit misleading.

for example, the "unchecked" plantations in Pakistan, are "unchecked" because these places are generally protected by farmers, and by protected you should understand that it means in a very hardcore way. it's a means of income for them, very much like in Lebanon, where police or army intrusions have resulted in serious open fire exchanges.

Maybe if you have enough money and network to be able to establish a seed-producing farm in Iran, you can give it a try. However, getting the seeds out of there will be a bit problematic to say the least.

North Korea, hard to tell, only learned recently that some of them toke it up and is legal and easy to find. but as far as I have read, only applicable if you were born, raised and live there. hard enough to go as a tourist, let alone try to do what you're thinking about.

you also neglected other options that are way way better:

Jamaica, Nepal, India and Combodia. as per the info on wiki.

as per the actual experience of many too.

maybe instead of the ic island, the establishing of some sort of society for the preservation and selection of cultivars in Nepal or Jamaica could be more possible, provided there's enough $$$ and network (read, friends in high places, no pun intended).

btw, kick-ass avatar!

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I know the wiki page you are talking about. LOL, my wife and I have gazed at that page before and said "let's move to Iran!" But yeah, it's a pipe dream, just like stated above. How would you get them seeds out?

In truth, I think Iran would love to take in American ex-pats if you convinced them properly that you hate America and you wish to become a citizen of theirs, in salah. But don't let them know you will be leaving after you've smuggled out all of your seeds. You gotta act like you are seeking political asylum because America is evil and you know Iran not to be, that sort of thing.

I would much rather live in Iran than in Pakistan in today's political climate.

H

huarmiquilla

howdy

how you do?

alway who you are to know....hehehe

food for bring people together with positive energy

are you familiar to such and such community within you local community?

such example many of such and such local relocate and within create local within local

such example european community within latin america
such example latin community within america norte
such example asian community within ? total....hehehe

you example iran, pakistan, or korea community within?

am not keen to think you head chop off, such thinks bias

travel with open mind, knowledge, respect, and to share common language to positive energy and love

if you are to enjoy perhap bolivia, peru, thailand many other such and such similar

chant down babylon

positive vibrations

FuhQ

If world governments could ever agree to coexist peacefully Iran would be the first place I would go to hunt for unadulterated genetics. If there is herb in Iran it's probably the stuff Jesus was smoking :kos:

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Pipe Dreams if not Ethnic to any of those countries....but dont trip.....

I already did the Iranian thing :) 1000+ seeds

FuhQ

"If u know any Iranian People just ask them who the "DARVISH" are Those are the Iranian Hippies that gave my uncle these seeds....an ex Iraq/Iran war veteran who smokes hash and opium all day..not to mention that potent ass tea they drink"

Cool story, quite the hook up and a rare treasure to have in the seed collection :tiphat:

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
North Korea might be a free smokers paradise, BUT WHAT IF YOU GET THE MUNCHIES..
no M&Ms, no Doritos, no bucket of chicken.
no meat unless there is a TV crew present.
Barbecue dog ribs, Yum.

3gunpete

Storm shadow. Are u telling tall tales?? Perhaps u confused that experience with a dream.
That link to a bowl full of seeds is ur proof that u went to Iran sourced, grew, bred and smuggled ur thousand seeds.?? I can get u a bowl full of iranian indica seeds too. Just not from Iran itself. I'd breed out side at home far from other growers or do it in control tent. But shit, u can get a thousand seeds from a closet too

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Storm shadow. Are u telling tall tales?? Perhaps u confused that experience with a dream.
That link to a bowl full of seeds is ur proof that u went to Iran sourced, grew, bred and smuggled ur thousand seeds.?? I can get u a bowl full of iranian indica seeds too. Just not from Iran itself. I'd breed out side at home far from other growers or do it in control tent. But shit, u can get a thousand seeds from a closet too

Unlike stories told by most people about magical seeds .... proof is in the pudding ...and to be honest....I havent even scratched the surface...try doing some more reading b4 you make yourself look so foolish with these silly comments....

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=197380

Lately I have been pipe dreaming about saving up some money and going somewhere where I can get away with legally popping thousands of seeds at a time and make selections. Of course I am pipe dreaming mostly but hey this is how shit begins. So I am looking up worldwide cannabis laws and I find this wikipedia page with alot of the worlds marijuana laws summed up.

Skimming through it I notice the three best places for growing weed legally are, Iran, North Korea, and Pakistan. That is some pretty sad shit. Well pretty sure an American will get their head cut off in any of those places once entering. I can't say I blame them either but lets not get into to many politics.

Where do you guys think is the best place to lay low for a few years and run through thousands of seeds? Why? Best means safe physically, legally, and cheap. Does this place even exist? Am I going to have to stake claim to a settlement on Anartica? Whatever happened to the IC island we were all going to throw in on?

Here is the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_cannabis_by_country

Uruguay is an interesting option we have looked into. Spain I hear is still ideal due to their strong "castle" laws I guess you would call them. You know what happens here is my business!

Moonshine set up shop in Spain within the last year.

Safe and legal what you goin' soft on me there PK? lol

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
well pakistanis are being regularly murdered by us drone attacks and as things are going currently the country will slipping into chaos this next year, the paki army backed by american money so they will pick who takes control after.. its looking like iran will be in the next world war since their fiscal system isnt yet under rothschilde control..

and north korea is way off even having the technology to grow to any standard unless you import all the kit.. they are still using 40 year old soviet tractors for working their fields..

they are probably some of the last places i would go but if the other option was america then they all look appealing suddenly lol.. sorry just realised you didnt want politics in this thread, damn..

if you can live somewhere that produces loads of hash who needs to grow :dunno:

would have to be spain but who knows where that country will be in a couple of years..

Easy7

Veteran
I am still dreaming of aliens giving me a spaceship so I can grow where no man has before~

Imagine the alien plants, alien drugs....weed plants the size of mountains!

Wiggs Dannyboy

Last Laugh Foundation
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I seem to be looking at PK's initial post differently than most here. The way I read his post is that he wants to be able to grow enough plants to be able to select for traits he wants and do a nice breeding program and really get the kind of plant he wants. This is the same thing DJ Short did back in the 70's, he was able to work with huge numbers of plants which enabled him to select the best of the best and then breed them together over a number of generations.

Once he got what he wanted in a plant(s), he would have the genetics all locked up in 1 seed, obviously he'd want to bring more than just a couple of seeds out with him to deal with the variation that happens in plant pollenation. But you could easily fit 500 seeds in a tiny little jar that you could stick up your butt for the ride home. His worry isn't about getting a large quantity of seeds out of the country, but finding a country that will allow him to grow a shitload of plants to select from.

Regarding that, it seems that some countries are run with a system of bribes, they might have a law against doing something but that law is only enforced on people who don't pay the bribe. If you could find some country that did that and also wasn't crazy ass on the murder scale like Mexico is, if it is relatively safe for Americans there, that might be the way to go.

Noggone

Australia, the simpson desert; no-one lives out there or goes there.
Just need to find a water source that's all.

Noggone

To be honest, the best way is to buy an isolated farm in Australia; not one near a populous area but one right on the fringes of the farming land, with maybe crown land (bush) backing onto it. No one will go there, maybe the next door neighbours will come to visit once in a while but they will just come to the house, they wont go driving across your fields, (and the fields will be big out there), you could have 200 plants sitting in the middle of the field and no one could see it from the road because its too far away because the fields are so big.
The cops will come once a year to ask if any reports of stock thefts but again they will just come to the house and wont go snooping around.
You will be too far from civilisation to worry about leo helicopters; they wont fly all that way.
On the face of it a sheep or cattle station (ranch) might sound better because they are much much bigger and much more isolated; but the problem there is because of the long distances involved in travelling anywhere out there they all have planes, which they fly to the nearest town to do there shopping in as well as to round up the cattle and sheep or to just check on their property. So you are at risk of a nosy rancher flying over your property and seeing your grow. I have heard about it happening a few times.

Latest posts

Latest posts