What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

my first try with vac purge

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
prety happy for my first run and only id it for 4 hours

more updates to come as i do more runs
peace

Attachments

• IMG_0663.jpg
    IMG_0663.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0665.jpg
    IMG_0665.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0696.jpg
    IMG_0696.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0679.jpg
    IMG_0679.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0681.jpg
    IMG_0681.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 7

mack 10

Veteran
very nice.plus, it looks cool watching it bubble up.
gotta love the shatter/amber:)
mack.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
last few pics

il be back more over the next week or so with new runs

peace

Attachments

• JH 19 DAYS 3 AUTO FEM
    JH 19 DAYS 3 AUTO FEM
    11.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0685.jpg
    IMG_0685.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0686.jpg
    IMG_0686.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0687.jpg
    IMG_0687.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 14

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice one mack

im going to try and make some real nice stuff for us 420 crew

peace

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
holly crap man, now that looks really amazing, really clear and hard looking.

man i think you achieved your aims, thats some perfect looking bho imo. can't wait to taste, gonna be one hell of a dabbing party, roll on 420 :woohoo:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
not sure where you can get the gear, but maybe ojd will lend you the set up he used. i do know that not every strain seems to make bho that looks clear and hard looking like the above. also the butane you use needs to be good quality. and lastly you need some experience of using the vac purge set up to really get it right. maybe bring your gear to ojd and let him show you how he purged it, lol.

CarefulGrower

Beautiful run, nice clarity, nothing quite like the first dab of the morning

That look clean:)

where can you buy a vac purge?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vacuum-Cham.../321094739946?pt=BI_Pumps&hash=item4ac2bce7ea - chamber (with everything)
http://www.amazon.com/FJC-Rotary-3-...8&qid=1364062421&sr=8-10&keywords=vacuum+pump - pump to hook it up to
http://www.amazon.com/Infrared-Lase...=1364062470&sr=1-3&keywords=laser+thermometer - Laser Thermometer, makes life easy.

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
That look clean:)

where can you buy a vac purge?

Purge is the term used for removing solvent from the oil. You dont buy a vacuum purge, but a vacuum pump, degassing chamber, etc. to purge your oil of solvent.

Just clearin that up, because I hear alot of people say similiar things.

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
not sure where you can get the gear, but maybe ojd will lend you the set up he used. i do know that not every strain seems to make bho that looks clear and hard looking like the above. also the butane you use needs to be good quality. and lastly you need some experience of using the vac purge set up to really get it right. maybe bring your gear to ojd and let him show you how he purged it, lol.

Every strain can be made into a clear translucent sap/shatter, with proper technique. The age of the material ran, temperatures during purging and thickness of the oil film will determine if the oil will be more shatter glassy like or sappy.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Every strain can be made into a clear translucent sap/shatter, with proper technique. The age of the material ran, temperatures during purging and thickness of the oil film will determine if the oil will be more shatter glassy like or sappy.

thanks for that information, was always of the impression that it was strain dependent to some degree how the end product looks. but it doesn't surprise me that it's more technique dependent then strain. what about trim? can you get clear amber shatter from good quality trim? maybe you can point jah_hoover to a good guide? youtube? i have a vested interest that his oil is perfectly purged in the end lol. bring on the ic420 dabbing session :woohoo:

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
thanks for that information, was always of the impression that it was strain dependent to some degree how the end product looks. but it doesn't surprise me that it's more technique dependent then strain. what about trim? can you get clear amber shatter from good quality trim? maybe you can point jah_hoover to a good guide? youtube? i have a vested interest that his oil is perfectly purged in the end lol. bring on the ic420 dabbing session :woohoo:

Yes, trim can produce clear amber shatter. Ytube is a good place to learn from self proclaimed hash experts that have inflated egos due to the huge following of bhotards that imbrace their techniques.

Almost everything I have learned has come from here and experience. I still watch alot of cannabis related videos on ytube as we don't have any cannabis channels on national tv and it is entertaining, educational not so much.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
you have to look at the right videos, mostly ones linked to from tutorials or threads here on the site. but in the end i have no interest personally beyond a purely academic interest in making oil. my bubblehash does me and i never get that throat coated feeling i get from smoking peoples oil from bubble. i do like to try it here and there, specially if it's well made though and specially on special occasions.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
prety happy for my first run and only id it for 4 hours

more updates to come as i do more runs
peace

Purdy extract! Looks like you are headed in the right direction with your first try.

hobb3s93

nice job OJD, vacuum purge for the win! dont know what i do with out my chamber lol:biggrin:
did u heat the chamber or materiel before or during the purge? or was is it still in a soft/runny state when u put it in?

Latest posts

Latest posts