What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2 interesting Freebies- 007 and Blockhead

R

Ronley

Yesterday I decided to cut down the 007. I had been debating this issue in my head for a few weeks, and I decided that as her buds were not developing she must go. Its because only half the plant was in sufficient sunlight and the other half in shade. She was just not getting enough direct sunlight, and it did not help even if I turned her every day towards the sun.

She was just too large, and took up the whole balcony. Simply no room.

It took me about 20 min to strip her. My fingers were very sticky and black after stripping her down.
I got a full packet of leaves that weighs at least 1.5 kg. which I put into the freezer over night and this afternoon when I returned from work I made me some Ice hash with my Ice-o-lator bags that I got in Amsterdam.

I dont know how much the Ice I got exactly as its still wet (but very sticky.)

I know its a shame- but if I had the right environment for her. Space, time, More hours of direct sunlight, more complete hours of dark, she would mature properly, but most of her buds were just not developing.

Instead I can now use the space and container that she occupied to grow Kill Bill. Who will be needing a bigger pot pretty soon.

I think that I made the right decision to cut her down now. And one day when I have a field out back where 007 can grow out in the open under better conditions I will plant the rest of the pack.

Stripped tree

Ice hash.

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
Hey Ronley I just finished my sativa pheno 007 yesterday at 17 weeks! Thats a very long time and the light/dark was like 10/14, 9/15 and finally 8/16. And she still didnt stop producing new flowers. Anyway despite the effort at least the buds are excellent quality. Here are a few macros of some small buds taken at about 16 weeks or so. The smell is like lemon PEZ candy.

10160P5545401.JPG

10160P5176565650002.JPG

10160P5170003-med.JPG

R

Ronley

Ezra that is beautiful, and looks like superb quality.
I just saw your reply today, Sorry as I would have responded to you when you posted.
How did she smoke/taste/high etc???

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
yea its pretty awesome smoke. soft lemony taste, very heady. smokes great in a joint. I stll have a couple of jars left...

- Ez

chewygobstopper

i was curious, about pics of males in the begining of flower. I see what females look like, and i know that my plants look slightly different, all the pistols and everything, but plus a couple pods, that almost look like where seeds would come to develop, but this is an outdoor strain grown in aruba, that i am bringing indoors in the northern hemisphere of US. Replicated all light spectrums. vegged for 8 weeks or so, been flowering for 12, so not having pictures i know never helps, but i am paranoid, beyond belief, and its just information i have been seeking, just to know for sure, because one plant is different looking that the other 3. 1 has no pod looking things at all, but developing way slower, and with maybe no pistols, at least yet. Curious if this is something others have seen, because i never experienced this, or caring at least, never had any males before, but somebody got me nervous. whoever replies, thank you

R

Ronley

Hi Chewy
Here are some photos of what male flowers look like.
I hope that this helps.

R

Ronley

It is only good if you want to use the male to pollinate your female plants (buds) and get seeds.

R

Ronley

They will.
They will weigh more (obviously )if they have seeds.
Its quite a bitch though removing seeds from buds.

chewygobstopper

haha, yes it is, i haven't smoked weed with seeds in a long time, although i love comming across seeds, i was just worried about these babies not being able to finnish, i never had any males before, and i was praying i could finnish them anyways, because i want to taste them, and if there will be a bunch of seeds i can save them for whenever i move to a better situation to grow in, i really appreciate your efforts in helping me along this pumpy road, i am just very happy that they will be able to fill out the same, and i can attempt to get some females at a later time, because these are the last of these seeds i know of in existence

R

Ronley

chewygobstopper said:
and if there will be a bunch of seeds i can save them for whenever i move to a better situation to grow in, i really appreciate your efforts in helping me along this pumpy road, i am just very happy that they will be able to fill out the same, and i can attempt to get some females at a later time, because these are the last of these seeds i know of in existence

Its excellent. because you will be preserving this strain.

B

Blunted22

You can only pollinate female plants. The buds will grow and form seeds in them like most bagweed. The males will NOT bud and will NOT grow seeds.

chewygobstopper

but i am also very happy to preserve this strain, i also got some haze genetics, unknown cross, which i need to get moving on, once i am in a place i feel comfortable enough to grow pif

Latest posts

Latest posts