What's new

2 Plant Perpetual

hazy

Veteran
don't cut that main stalk

don't cut that main stalk

Those buds are too far along to lose em girl. Bend them babies over.
You might have to squeeze the stalk to crush it a little so it won't snap, but buds recovering from a little stress are better than chopped off with a month to go buds. :spank:
Seems like I read an early post by you, where you said that red plant coloring really got you excited. If that's true, then you'll be drooling over caligreen's reds and purples. That boy's got it going on. :muahaha:
btw, crzy, i love stay at home moms. even if the kids are all girls in the grow room. :muahaha:

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
I believe it was Dandy Don Cotyle who came up with this. Drop the pot to the bottom of the bucket, move the bucket to the other side of the closet and gently bend it over. Dropping the pot's good for 5-6 inches. Leaning the plant, about the same. Add a gentle curve ... you should be able to reclaim a foot or more.

crzygirl

hazy said:
Those buds are too far along to lose em girl............but buds recovering from a little stress are better than chopped off with a month to go buds.

hazy: We were feeling pretty much the same way on that issue, just wanted to get some feedback. Although, they are very under developed, very yellow, almost like a hi-liter marker. She was bent over uptop already, and I heard her give in when i was doing it. But I didnt notice any "scab" if you will.

And yes, colorful weed gets me going. Its just such a beautiful thing like sex, and music are. Im hoping that this girl will show color, because night time temps have already gotten to 66F, and thats really during the daytime, lights go out at 7am.

FreezerBoy said:
I believe it was Dandy Don Cotyle who came up with this. Drop the pot to the bottom of the bucket, move the bucket to the other side of the closet and gently bend it over. Dropping the pot's good for 5-6 inches. Leaning the plant, about the same. Add a gentle curve ... you should be able to reclaim a foot or more.

FreezerBoy: Thats perfect, going to look for his post on that! Dropping the pot into the bucket, DUH! Should I want to support the main stalk so the plants weight isn't on the roots? I may be able to slide the bucket over, we will find out tonight. Thank you for bringing this up!

crzygirl

Just after checking the ppm of the big evo girl, she is still not drinking nutes, hardly any, if any at all. PH drifts down .1 to .2 a day, water level in the plain water/top off res goes down a good amount and it is at 7.2ph.

That water gets pumped directly into the controller bucket that levels out the plant buckets. But yet the PPM & EC stays the same, so far for 5 days now.

Considerring how big her root system is I would think she'd drink alot more food. We were wonderring if a nute change to a lower EC would be beneficial.

Maybe Lucas at 35% (to 8gal h2O) which would be 500ish PPM and no additives until we see nute usage? Anyone care to chime in on this issue that has been going on for a while now...

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Dandy Don's Thread

Apparently, I've slightly misremembered. Don dropped the pots but, spread out the plant and dropped a vertical lamp into the middle. Note esp. posts 18, 44, 52, 73.

Don and I appear to be having imaginary discussions with ourselves. This is because a couple of posters have since gone dark. We're nuts, make no mistake but, not that nuts.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My plant and image thank you ^^ Head G13D cross purple pheno..DD

Last edited:

crzygirl

:spank:

:spank:

My gosh doobieduck, im so sorry I forgot you were the owner! I even posted in that thread about that plant and how hot it is LOL

You truely do, have a giant green thumb.

FreezerBoy: Thank you for finding that link to Don's thread. I started to search for about 15 minutes yesterday, and then I got side tracked tending to our baby boy.

UPDATE:
My husband and I did not get to do all of the work on the plants, that we were supposed to do. We ended up going out to his brother's and getting f*^$ed up :bashhead: Tonight is the night that things get done!

On another note, a good friend of ours hooked us up with two hurricane lamp globes. Now all we need to do is get to the home depot and purchase two mogul based light sockets to wire up these globes, and two 6" to 4" reducers to attach the exhaust tubing.

We will, definetly have pictures for you all when the job is done.

crzygirl

DoobieDuck: by the way, what instruments do you play? I play acoustic(Yamaha), and electric guitar(Gib.LP knockoff w/ ZakkWylde Dual Humbuckers), and I dabble on our upright piano occasionaly. Mmm, wish I had a drum set, I love to hit things HAHAHA! Maybe I can make one with all of the 5gallon buckets we have, and have no use for? =-P

crzygirl

Changes!

Changes!

Ahh! Finally done doing things to our system, both the big flower box and the small flower box. Sunday night was the night for us to transplant Evo#2 into the big flower box with Evo#1, and switch the WW clone to 12/12.

So we flushed the big system, and cleaned out buckets, and also slid Evo#1's bucket back so we could lower the top of it under the light. We were interested in dropping the netpot into the bucket, but we cannot find our spare netpots.

So we did not want to cut up the one she is in. We refilled 12 gallons of water into the system. We have two plants in there now instead of one, so it takes another 4 gallons.

Mixed in Lucas Bloom formula. 6tsp of GH Hardwater Micro, and 12tsp of GH Bloom to 12 gallons of water, and then adjusted it to 5.8 PH. EC came to .07 at 475ish PPMs, give or take some. About the same PPM's Evo#2 had while "vegging" in the small cabinet.

After all that stuff, we drained the small cab and mixed up Lucas Bloom formula for the White Widow clone. 3tsp GH Hard Micro, and 6tsp GH Bloom. That brought EC to 0.5, and PH'd to 5.8. Then added a timer for 12/12.

I hope these girls suck up what little nutes we mixed in for them!
AHHH Enjoy the pics people! :wave:

crzygirl

Photo's!

Photo's!

This is one of a couple of underdeveloped tops. They still have a good bit of trichomes on them, and they look pretty :joint:

Everytime either of us uses the microscope, we see loads of cloudy trichomes.

Except on this bud here, we had not 'scoped this one yet.

T

TylerDurden

Hey crzygirl lookin great! Even the underdeveloped buds look like theyll come out pretty
nice. I think it was a good decision to keep them. Have you noticed any branching since
LSTing the EvoLav clone? See ya around :smoke:

Mr. Durden :joint:

crzygirl

Hey, thanks Tyler :wave:
The Evo clone's very first node started to perk up-wards toward the light, but that is about it. I think once she is done adjusting to the 12/12 switch that happend on Sunday night, is when we'll see some CRAZY ass stretching and branching, and LST'ing. EvoLav#1 stretched a bit more than 2-1/2 feet after she adjusted to the 12/12.

I will definetly get pictures up for you all tonight.

crzygirl

Pictures Pictures Pictures

Pictures Pictures Pictures

Time for some pictures!

A homemade cool tube, half way complete expect the peices I broke off :(

Getting sockets this weekend for this one, and the other I have like it...

White Widow Clone, 3rd day of 12/12...

And her roots...

Evolution Lavender #1 on the Left and Evolution Lavender #2 on the Right

Evo#2 3rd day of 12/12, notice the branching starting near the base from the LST

Evo#2 Roots

Evo#2 Roots, with possible root rot!? Whiped almost 100% clean, easily.

Evo#1 Under-developed main top, regaining color now!

Look at all that mess!

With the picture of Evo#2's roots, do you guys say that is root rot? It was not very slimey, and it whiped off rather easily with my fingers. There really is not enough Florolicious Plus in the solution to cause this color on the roots. Plus, no other roots look like this. Is cutting off "infected" roots a bad idea?

FreezerBoy

Veteran
How's the smell? If it rinses off easily I'd suspect common staining. I notice black stuff at the res bottom. Is that sediment of some sort?

crzygirl said:
Evo#2 Roots

Evo#2 Roots, with possible root rot!? Whiped almost 100% clean, easily.

What I thought was rot turned out to be stains from nutes that fell out of solution. Ugly as hell, but rinsed right off. No slimy feel or bad smell.

crzygirl

Freezerboy: It seems to smell normal in the buckets, no nasty potato smells. The black stuff at the bottom you see, is really an airstone. Its called a bubble disk and it works great at airating the buckets.

crzygirl

Hello people! :wave:

So, on a good note, the possible "root rot" has seemed to stop for now on Evo#2, and it seems she is starting her stretch. Still waiting for her to show hair though.

But, something else is up with the system. My PH has dropped 1.0 in 12 hours, for the past two days. I check my ph and ppm/ec every morning when I wake up, and I check it at 7pm when the lights come on. Yesterday I checked PH and it was at 4.4! So, I added some PH up too the res, and both plant buckets to make 5.8 in the entire system except what water is in the hoses.

Checked again today and it was at 4.7! So, added more PH up to the res and the plants containers up to 5.8 again. I lifted the lid on Evo#1 to look at what roots I could clearly see, and a little bit of a stench came out.

Not a strong smell, but Evo#2 and the res bucket have no smell what so ever. If there is a possible root rot going on with the big Evo#1, could that cause PH to drop so much?

I dont understand why the PH drops so far in one damn day! I didnt have this problem 4 months ago, or last summer when we first started growing in this building. The PPM's are still the same, yet the PH drops so damn far in 12 hours.

When the res/controller bucket gets low, it kicks on a pump inside of a big rubbermaid tub filled with regular tap water at 7.2+PH. Im so flustered here, if anything my PH should be going UP because the refill/top off water is so high ph.

Anyone have any suggestions? Should I drain and refill with less PPM water? Do you guys think its safe to continue adding damn near 1/2 teaspoon of PH up powder to the system everyday?

Evo#1 looks good and pretty healthy, except a couple of the really small bud leaves at the tops are twisting/spiraling. Evo#2 shows no noticable signs of problems.