What's new

2 Plant Perpetual

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
crzygirl said:
the h-guard kills bacteria right?

I've no experiance with either SM90 or Hydrogaurd so DOUBLE CHECK me here. I believe it's the SM90 that kills all bacteria. Hydrogaurd is a "Bio Fungicide" (whatever that is) and seems to be made of bacteria.

crzygirl

FreezerBoy said:
Hydrogaurd is a "Bio Fungicide" (whatever that is) and seems to be made of bacteria.

Hell if thats the case then ill be getting some of that sometime. Ill check it out in a little more detail later tonight. Thank you all for the words of wisdom!

hazy

Veteran
hy crzy, a friend who is a real dwc master, says GET SM90!
I had a plant in dwc get root rot and die, (the day i was going to chop so it was ok), and he told me sm90 would have prevented that.

maybe you should get your ol' man to make you one of these. This has turned me from a cloning disaster, to a cloning god.

It's a scaled down ez cloner copy. from the diy sticky thread in the hydro? forum.

Last edited:

crzygirl

Nothing much giong on in the box but its only been a few days, I think the stretching is over with finally! Ill have pictures for you all a little later on this weekend

Pig-Pen

crzygirl said:
Tell me what you think of this situation. I received this WW clipping, had no roots, and it had a small bud on the top. Thinking nothing of it, I cut a small piece of the stem off at a 45 degree angle and put the clipping into my small bubble cloner under 15w fluorescent light. Almost three weeks later, on the 18th, I lift the lid and see 3 massive roots growing, about 3" long. Waited one day and the roots grew about another inch or two in length. Transplanted the clipping into a 2g. bucket with plain water, and clipped the small bud off the top. Here is what it looks like five days later:

Is it going to die!? The one root I can see through the net pot, looks fine and healthy. LOL why do I have bad luck with clones?

Looks like too much light and too little moisture too fast. Is that hydroton resting in water, or what?

Do you go straight from the bubbler into the hydroton? When and how do you change the lighting? It may help to put a dome or sorts over them for a day or two after transplant to help them adjust, and ease them into the stronger light.

I've always liked to idea of a 2-plant perp. 1 plant a month, super simple. :canabis:

Last edited:

crzygirl

Pig-Pen: The clones are setup in a small bubbler with no dome, under 1-15w Fluorescent tube. When I saw a nice bit of roots from the clipping I immediatly put it in the hydroton above the water and with no dome. With the next rooting clone I will be sure to submerge the netpot and use a dome. Also waiting on a replacement probe for ph meter so that may be a contributing factor as well. 1 plant a month would be superb in our case, plenty of smoke, and cooking material.

crzygirl

35th Day in Flowerring/9th Day after Hairs

35th Day in Flowerring/9th Day after Hairs

Do people count the flowerring days, as soon as they see the hairs? Or do you count it as soon as you put the light cycle to 12/12? Also, popped 4 seeds I had of the same strain of plant we grew last summer, that mixed with a DP Twilight a few years back when we first started growing. This is just for something different :) Anywho, here are some pictures for you all!

Top cluster of this massive girl:

She has leaves up top with 13 fingers, does that meen anything? Only ever saw 9 & 10 on other plants.

And some 91% ISO hash:

Last edited:

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
You start counting as soon as you flip to 12/12. If the plant isn't mature enough to flower it'll take a little longer to start flowering so it could throw the number of days off.

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Note that flowering times are a recommendation. My Thunks were said to need 17 weeks of 12/12. My last one went at least 23 and still wasn't "finished."

crzygirl

Bounty29: That's what I was thinking but I wasn't exactly sure. She took about two weeks too show me the hair .

Freezerboy: My gosh! 23 weeks! I definetly don't have that kind of patience! LOL
I bet it was kick ass though eh?

crzygirl

I've received my new PH probe today, so now I could finally calibrate my PH monitor correctly. Wow, am I glad I ordered this thing. According to my PH meter, the grow system was at 4.7PH for probably more then a month!!! So, i've gotten the ph all straightened out now. Hubby and I are thinking of upgrading our wattage for the flower box. We are thinking getting a 600 watt digital electronic conversion ballast and an Mh and HPS bulb to switch out during different phases of the growth. So many ballasts to choose from!

FreezerBoy

Veteran
crzygirl said:
Freezerboy: My gosh! 23 weeks! I definetly don't have that kind of patience! LOL
The first one went 17 and, being dry, that wait was HELL! Three months later I still have half the harvest to smoke (as well as all of grows two and three) Waiting 23 weeks is nothing when you're buried in weed.

I never had that problem before I came here. Darn you ICMag! Darn you all to Heck! Farggin' bastige iceholes. :wave:

crzygirl

We can't wait to be drowning in weed, I want to be able to make a bed of it and just lay in it, and cuddle it and smell it. MMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
We really want to be able to get 6oz per plant, so we're looking into either a 600, 800, or a 1000 watt light package.

dyren

6 zips a plant x 2 plants = 12 zips or ~340grams... this could be achieved with 400w but much easier with a 600w due to the light penetration... naturally it would be even easier with a 1000w! gotta think about ventilation / temps tho if ur gonna stay in the same cabinet with a 600 or 1k.. ...just musing... ..and as for achieving 6oz per plant, well i can't help ya there, takes a great grower and a touch of TLC... ..peace..

Last edited:

crzygirl

Dyren, we are looking into a 1000w HPS ballast, bigger can-fans, and a 6" cool tube. For this winter season, we won't have to worry about getting a water chiller, until it starts getting warm outside. Once that stuff is tip-top 100% then all I need to work on is drowning the girls in as much nutes and additives as THEY can handle.

Drt9288

my buddy just got a future brite 1000W... Said the bulb was huge lol... im lookin into a 600W for now... just fits in my comfort zone.. and yes the mighty winter is comming upone.. :violin: ... have fun... peace love and M.C

-----------------------------------------------
:jump: :jump: 1 Week to Go :jump: :jump:

crzygirl

An Update!

An Update!

So, I thought the stretch was over a few days ago. But I was wrong! This girl is determined to grow into my light hood! She was lowered an inch two days ago, and she grew atleast 2-1/2 inches since then!

Heres a couple shots to look at. YUMMY!

Last edited:

crzygirl

39th Day of Flowerring

39th Day of Flowerring

Day 39

And another growing cab we're working on:

This all metal cab measures 52" high inside from the floor to the top shelf, and 21" wide inside between the two doors, and has a depth of 19". We will be using a single 70watt HPS in this system until we can move our 175 & 250 into it, which is after we get a 1000 watt to relpace those two.

Inside this system I cannot fit 2-5gallon buckets side by side. So we've decided to buy a large ice chest/cooler to house the two plants that will be growing in here. This cooler holds 12-1/2 gallons of liquid, will probably only get 11 into it though. Even has a nifty drain built-in. There will be no res bucket, just a single container to hold two girls, in total stealth.

I also have this pump here, a Sunleaves DuraPump Air SA530 capable of pumping 600 gallons of air per hour, it will replace my two dual diaphragm pumps I have in the big box, and those will be moved into the second cab.

Going to start hacking at this metal box tomorrow after breakfast :jump:
So fun, building things like this!​

crzygirl

Here are two pictures of the second grow box I am working on. For now, with the 70watt bulb, I shouldnt have a problem with temp. considerring the doors will be open while the light is on.

Need to get hubby to build a small housing for the bulb/fixture. More work will be done to this cab once we get the new 1000watter for the main big flower box.