What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GG4 Phenotypes

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lots of things can change the way any Cultivar looks. What food you use to how hot it is. Assuming all things are equal GG#4 wont change her phenotopic expression. If she self pollinates you will find different phenotypes withing the female gene pool only. There are no males so there wont be any genetic info passed. I have grown a good amount of gg#4 s1. Never found any as good as mom. I have found outstanding s1 in other genetics.

indagroove

Veteran
Lots of things can change the way any Cultivar looks. What food you use to how hot it is. Assuming all things are equal GG#4 wont change her phenotopic expression. If she self pollinates you will find different phenotypes withing the female gene pool only. There are no males so there wont be any genetic info passed. I have grown a good amount of gg#4 s1. Never found any as good as mom. I have found outstanding s1 in other genetics.

What you're referring to as a phenotype I would consider to be a genotype withing a particular genome pool.

Genotype is one of three factors that determine phenotype, the other two being inherited epigenetic factors, and non-inherited environmental factors.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genotype
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genotype-phenotype_distinction

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No genotype is genetic. Pheotype is the way they look. This is basic stuff. The [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]repost [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]from Skunkman is correct. that info is on the previous page.. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Phenotype is [/FONT]Basically how they look under different conditions.. Many things can change there look.

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Originally Posted by Sam_Skunkman
[/FONT]• Genotype = the genetic makeup of an individual organism.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] • Phenotype = the observed characteristic of the organism.
• Through interaction with environment, a genotype is expressed in a phenotype.

PHENOTYPE is the combination of the Genotype plus the environment, soil, water, air, temps, photoperiod, Lumins, fertilizers, pests, etc.
Genotype of a clone does not change grow after grow, the Phenotype of a clone will depending on where and how grown.
-SamS

[/FONT]

Last edited:

indagroove

Veteran
No genotype is genetic. Pheotype is the way they look. This is basic stuff. The [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]repost [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]from Skunkman is correct. that info is on the previous page.. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Phenotype is [/FONT]Basically how they look under different conditions.. Many things can change there look.

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Originally Posted by Sam_Skunkman [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/images/buttons/viewpost.gif]View Image[/URL]
[/FONT]• Genotype = the genetic makeup of an individual organism.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] • Phenotype = the observed characteristic of the organism.
• Through interaction with environment, a genotype is expressed in a phenotype.

PHENOTYPE is the combination of the Genotype plus the environment, soil, water, air, temps, photoperiod, Lumins, fertilizers, pests, etc.
Genotype of a clone does not change grow after grow, the Phenotype of a clone will depending on where and how grown.
-SamS

[/FONT]

Yeah, I thought that's what I was saying too. Haha, maybe I confused what you were saying about if she self pollinates you will find different phenotypes.. I was thinking those would be different genotypes not phenos.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If gg#4 self pollinates the plants we find within s1 seeds will show as a combination of Genotype(we opened up the recessive genetic traits) plus the environment in the s1 seeds. The genetic makeup of the s1 seeds are the same as whats in gg#4. The genetics have not changed they where there just hidden. The s1 seeds we grow will show different phenotypes.. We are still working with the same genetics. Once we change genetics we get into genotype... If I used GG#4 x GSC we have a different genotype. This is the best I can explain it.

indagroove

Veteran
If gg#4 self pollinates the plants we find within s1 seeds will show as a combination of Genotype(we opened up the recessive genetic traits) plus the environment in the s1 seeds. The genetic makeup of the s1 seeds are the same as whats in gg#4. The genetics have not changed they where there just hidden. The s1 seeds we grow will show different phenotypes.. We are still working with the same genetics. Once we change genetics we get into genotype... If I used GG#4 x GSC we have a different genotype. This is the best I can explain it.

Yes, but at the same time, even S1's will have not only different phenotypes but also different genotypes, because although we are still working with the same set of genetics, the combinations of dominant and recessive genes varies from individual to individual offspring.

Additionally it's possible to have the same phenotypes amongst differing genotypes.

Wikipedia example: A simple example to illustrate genotype as distinct from phenotype is the flower colour in pea plants (see Gregor Mendel). There are three available genotypes, PP (homozygous dominant), Pp (heterozygous), and pp (homozygous recessive). All three have different genotypes but the first two have the same phenotype (purple) as distinct from the third (white).

D

Dogon

I have grown a good amount of gg#4 s1. Never found any as good as mom. I have found outstanding s1 in other genetics.
I was lucky I found what S1 was as good as mother Gorilla Glue #4

picture S1
picture.php

soundman

So what would you call the flowers from GG4 S1's? One of mine would pass for GG4 but not the other.

Maybe named cuts like GSC did? Even then some S1's are not close enough to GG4 to do that with too.

I usually just call my different plants out by strain and number. This time the S1's are more different than I have seen with reversed OGs.

I hope I got my thought out. hard to put into words today.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just finished trimming my GG#4 & found 9 ripe seeds while doing so. I didn't spot any visible nanners but I wasnt looking hard either. I did have a hint of 91 Chem IX in the garden so am hoping that's what hit those few flowers. I've found at least 1 seed in each plant I've trimmed so far so who really knows what they are... HA!!! I'll save 'em for a later day.

HAPPY HARVEST everyone!

Wrong thread but whatevs...

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
So what would you call the flowers from GG4 S1's? One of mine would pass for GG4 but not the other.

Maybe named cuts like GSC did? Even then some S1's are not close enough to GG4 to do that with too.

I usually just call my different plants out by strain and number. This time the S1's are more different than I have seen with reversed OGs.

I hope I got my thought out. hard to put into words today.

you would call it a GG4 s1,then a # like gg4s1#7
i just took down 4 of the bigest plants of the summer,3 were GG4,& 1 was pineapple haze x strawberry diesel:tiphat:

The Highland

Yes, but at the same time, even S1's will have not only different phenotypes but also different genotypes, because although we are still working with the same set of genetics, the combinations of dominant and recessive genes varies from individual to individual offspring.

Additionally it's possible to have the same phenotypes amongst differing genotypes.

Wikipedia example: A simple example to illustrate genotype as distinct from phenotype is the flower colour in pea plants (see Gregor Mendel). There are three available genotypes, PP (homozygous dominant), Pp (heterozygous), and pp (homozygous recessive). All three have different genotypes but the first two have the same phenotype (purple) as distinct from the third (white).

Your understanding is sound. Crazy the other guy and his standing in community!

ShadowGauge

Does anyone know the traits of common phenotypes found in GG4 hermies?

I have two plants going that came from two seeds found in a legit GG4 bud I hope hermied. If their cut hermied a bit what can be found? I should post a pic or two tonight.

One has more stretch and smells more chem. Not any glue smell at all but looks very similar. The other has small buds, very small so far, but smells like skunky glue so far. It has a strange leaf twist to it. Two leaf blades twist in a symmetrical pattern on some fan leaves. I very curious to see what this one does.

Anyway just wondering what are some of the common phenos. What were the other glues like?

Thanks.
So I was just writing an article, using some of my own experience and understanding, and came across this thread. From what I remember about the true to life GG#4 clone only was it responded well to a cropped top, and a focused number of base nodes, it grows like an Indica, but a longer season, and its impossible to trim. The nodes are tightly packed… and it is like a 1 in 40 chance you’ll get the right pheno…. Assuming you’re working from the correct seed base to begin with, and I use my own lingo, I understand, I don’t always know. Feel free to correct.

So I was just writing an article, using some of my own experience and understanding, and came across this thread. From what I remember about the true to life GG#4 clone only was it responded well to a cropped top, and a focused number of base nodes, it grows like an Indica, but a longer season, and its impossible to trim. The nodes are tightly packed… and it is like a 1 in 40 chance you’ll get the right pheno…. Assuming you’re working from the correct seed base to begin with, and I use my own lingo, I understand, I don’t always know. Feel free to correct.

I hope it's not 1/40 odds! I just bought three Original Glue S1 6-packs from GG Strains to try and find the pheno I'm looking for.

Does anyone happen to know where to get a clone of of the original GG4 plant?
Just in case ...

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
I hope it's not 1/40 odds! I just bought three Original Glue S1 6-packs from GG Strains to try and find the pheno I'm looking for.

Does anyone happen to know where to get a clone of of the original GG4 plant?
Just in case ...
Yes the original is still around…