What's new

Getting me mother to go to Adam and try pot

Hubbleman

Veteran
My mother is in a state - Parkinson's disease

I think some herb might help her out...

She's not too keen to smoke on UK shore, and in Adam she's concerned weed is spiked - there's no such thing I tell her, not in good coffee shops...

She also got a appointment with GP might get some thc prescribed :dance013:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
THC is known to be very effective for Parkinson's symptoms so go with high THC.

I know this situation very well. My grandfather had Parkinson's in his final years and I took care of him frequently. I tried getting him to smoke or eat some pot but he always aggressively refused, because of societal programming. He really believed the government's lines. Anyway, I watched him suffer. I watched him suffer some more. I also watched my grandmother suffer out of helplessness. I tried convincing her to convince him to swallow his pride and take a hit of some cannabis. She was just as brainwashed as he was about the subject. I talked to my Dad, told him its HIS dad, can he just look the other way while I slip him some into his diet? And my dad said No, we have to let people make their own decisions and live with them.

Very ethical of my Dad, I admit. But I watched my grandpa get worse and worse over the years, to the day he left his body in that old folks home. If I could go back and do it all over again, I would punch ethics right in the face, and secretly put cannabis in his food. He didn't have to suffer, and his aversion to cannabis was manufactured and fake.

If I could go back and do it over again I would slip it into his food. I'm not recommending anyone else do this, but if I could do it over again, I would secretly slip it into his food.

I'm not recommending anyone else do this. Officially.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

parents are really just like children, tell them you don't want them to do something and first chance they get they'll go ahead and do it anyways.......

Brother Nature

I think if you can find a good GP with an open mind they may be able to sway her opinion? In my experience older generations tend to trust the word of 'professionals' even though they've typically been the propaganda spreaders. I know there are some very good medical clubs in the UK that could also provide information and unadulterated product, Spain also has some very good clubs and is a little more open minded than the UK.

My own father was very against medical cannabis use for many years (even though I learned recently he smoked a fair bit in his uni days) until when his father was dying of brain cancer, he went to visit him in England and the doctors in the palliative care center were providing him with cannabis. He said in seeing his own dad actually enjoying his final weeks of life it really changed his opinion. So keep at it mate, hopefully she comes around, it's hard to see a loved one in so much pain, hope it works out for you and her.