What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

post extraction dunk tank???

tech1234

So I am always looking for ways to recycle. Here is an idea I had:
Get a 5 gallon bucket with a gamma lid, fill with 4 gallons of 99% iso and stick it in my large chest freezer that I use for freezing tubes (let it live there). After un-packing tubes wrap the post butane extraction material in a screen/fabric of some sort and drunk in the iso for 15 secs. Remove and throw material in compost. Do this all year until iso gets close to saturation and then make oil for edible/topical. I think the trick here is something that is quick and easy because many of us don't have time to put into low quality/yield stuff anymore

Let me know what you guys think

montroller

That's actually a pretty good idea but what were you thinking to use for the filter?

You might be able to use a nylon filter if you switch from ISO to ethyl alcohol. You might be able to use silk also but I am having a hard time finding chemical compatibility for silks

tech1234

That's actually a pretty good idea but what were you thinking to use for the filter?

You might be able to use a nylon filter if you switch from ISO to ethyl alcohol. You might be able to use silk also but I am having a hard time finding chemical compatibility for silks

What about cotton? maybe an xxl white tee?