What's new

Marinol

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
Well last night I gave Marinol a try, first of all for those who do not know.. its a synthetic THC pill that is in sesame oil. My goal was for it to lower my anxiety levels and to make me just chill out.

I took 10mg, the highest strength on a full stomach and I was in a pretty good mood and in a very comfortable setting with two close friends. Took about an hour and a half to feel the full effects. I began to feel very anxious and restless and had some involuntary shaking through my body. Then my heart palpations started to go off the wall, felt like my heart was beating out of my chest. I had the dry heaves and felt nausea that was unbearable. I then went to sleep very easily.

Overall I'm assuming i just had all these common negative side effects because I was expecting something different. Its crazy how the other chemicals in cannabis will alter the medicinal effects. Ill stick with smoking my organic buds.

:ying:

bergerbuddy

Canna Coco grower
Veteran
Sounds like what happens to me when I get greedy and take to much Hemp Oil.... only I can add to your list the shitss....

A HOT shower beating on you seems to take away the anxiety restlessness and vibrating feelings

That being the case.. I wouldn't want to take SYNTHETIC THC anyways right ??? :=) not if you can grow your own... and not at the stupid high price they charge for marinol

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
I'm sorry I forgot to mention I got the shits to the max.
Had taco's early that didn't help!

Anyways glad someone can relate I thought I was going crazy.

MrBomDiggitty

Veteran
only thing good about marinol is if you fail a drug test you can always say you take a medication that makes you test positive for thc but you don't smoke weed

dest

I'm no doctor but some very moderate exercise (stretching, going for walk, even yoga) will help with your heart when you experience these effects. Its hard for me to get up and do something like this when I am that baked but the next time try it it will even u out, don't forget to get a drink too.
Then take a steam or shower like bergerbuddy suggested really relaxing all baddies just melt away.

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
Thanks for the advice, i rarely ever feel panic and anxiety attacks that are induced by cannabis, marinol on the other hand is a no go for me. I have failed many drug tests thanks to my good friend Prop 215.

johnnyla

Veteran
CBD counteracts the negative side effects of THC. Marinol does not have CBD.

This is why SATIVEX has equal parts THC and CBD.

bigdaddyc9

I have been using cannabis since age 15 and I am 47 now.I am also scripted Marinol,for hyper-emisis and find it to make me very paranoid.Not to mention difficult if not impossible to swallow whilest nauseas.I have taken from 10mg to 60mg and do not get anything but paranoia,and good old herb works 100x's better and at less cost.DUH on the goverment again.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
damn that doesnt sound like fun..what is making people get involuntary shaking and all that other bad shit?

johnnyla

Veteran
THC without CBD is not fun and is associated with all of the negative side effects of cannabis, mainly paranoia and anxiety.

That's why Sativex is half and half CBD and THC. i wish i could get my hands on some of that stuff to test it out on myself.

I take my plants a week longer than most for the extra CBD. I have major nausea and pain and higher CBD content helps me out.

Also, my herb has zero paranoia. no matter how much you smoke. Again, CBD counteracts the THC. I can't stand THC only herb. It's heady and racy And anxiety provoking. Just like Marinol. Marinol sucks. I ate at least 20 of those things over a three day period. just whacked me out in the head.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Taking Marinol is the worst experience one can have with THC, it's not natural and it's not as good as the complete spectrum of cannabinoids working in synergy for all the reasons mentioned above and many more. Just because something is supposed to be the same as something from nature does not mean it is exactly the same. It may in a basic molecular sense be the "same" but it does not have the same energy and effects as a natural substance. I have heard nothing but bad news about Marinol, I would by all means avoid it.

There is nothing like the beautiful natural herb from nature & God. :joint:

Preacher

damn that doesnt sound like fun..what is making people get involuntary shaking and all that other bad shit?
Possibly the hydroxy-11 THC that the liver converts Marinol into. And agreed with the previous fellow, I'd only want a prescription to piss dirty and get away with it (though actually filling it even once without insurance would probably be impossible for me).

igrowone

Veteran
haven't tried marinol, but i've seen way too many of these experiences reported
scary stuff in my view, i wouldn't dare touch it

M

Marywanna

The only reason Drs even RX Marinol is for increasing the appetite. After my surgery I couldn't eat at all. After 5 days,since he couldn't give me a joint to smoke,Dr started me on the marinol. I didn't feel anything bad from it,but I was dosed up with pain meds and stuff. Point being,the Dr LISTENED to me when I told him I would puke for hours,and have had this problem for many years. It did give me an appetite. The ONLY surgery I had where I didn't puke my guts out after.

supermanlives

Veteran
it never did anything for me. nothing good or bad.told the doctor it was crap and i was going back to my homegrown weed. cheaper and better

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
Every time when just pure THC i get super anxiety attacks, involuntary shaking, nausea, and nothing but bad feelings. I love the strains with high content in CBN
I am so sorry for those who experienced these feelings of em-bending doom cause it really scared me.

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
And what is this new "synthetic weed" that they're flocking to the tobacco shops for and paying like 30 for 3 grams? K2 or something?

M

Marywanna

I saw that stuff on TV.Would you try it? I don't know if I would...........

xfargox

Well last night I gave Marinol a try, first of all for those who do not know.. its a synthetic THC pill that is in sesame oil. My goal was for it to lower my anxiety levels and to make me just chill out.

I took 10mg, the highest strength on a full stomach and I was in a pretty good mood and in a very comfortable setting with two close friends. Took about an hour and a half to feel the full effects. I began to feel very anxious and restless and had some involuntary shaking through my body. Then my heart palpations started to go off the wall, felt like my heart was beating out of my chest. I had the dry heaves and felt nausea that was unbearable. I then went to sleep very easily.

Overall I'm assuming i just had all these common negative side effects because I was expecting something different. Its crazy how the other chemicals in cannabis will alter the medicinal effects. Ill stick with smoking my organic buds.

:ying:

That almost exactly describes the time I 'overdosed' on marijuana. It might just be that you took too high a dose.

Latest posts

Latest posts