What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Light burn? What do you think?

Doc greenbud

Just under 400w CFL, 5 weeks into flower.

Attachments

• Resized_20201115_192531.jpg
    Resized_20201115_192531.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Resized_20201115_192510.jpg
    Resized_20201115_192510.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 33

GoatCheese

Veteran
Difficult to tell for sure, cause proper light bleaching/heat damage looks more yellow, but could be if you have dried out the plant abit recently. If so I’d call this drying out damage, not proper light-heat damage

This is what a slight HPS heat damage looks like:
picture.php

picture.php

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
That's not light burn, but it looks like you have sprayed your plants with something maybe a few weeks ago. Neem oil sprayed under the hot lights will look the same.

GoatCheese

Veteran
That's not light burn, but it looks like you have sprayed your plants with something maybe a few weeks ago. Neem oil sprayed under the hot lights will look the same.
You know better than i, how grew the plant, what happened to it?!
Have a nice day.

Edit:
I would never spray Neem oil on buds and neither should you, it's not healthy and some people are allergic to it.

I missed that at first cause i came overwhelmed by how annoying/dum some folks here are. ..prolly smoking neem and pesticides.

Yea, i made seeds on the lower branches of this heat/light stressed plant (notice only one top/side of the plant is yellowing, the side too close to the cool tubed 250w hps) at the time, got about 200+ seeds out her but only 11 seeds germinated because of the stress.

Doc greenbud

If it's not light burn ( I'm pretty sure it's not) what else would cause that? I haven't sprayed with anything like neem oil, or anything at all for that matter.

dramamine

You know better than i, how grew the plant, what happened to it?!
Have a nice day.

Edit:
I would never spray Neem oil on buds and neither should you, it's not healthy and some people are allergic to it.

I missed that at first cause i came overwhelmed by how annoying/dum some folks here are. ..prolly smoking neem and pesticides.

Yea, i made seeds on the lower branches of this heat/light stressed plant (notice only one top/side of the plant is yellowing, the side too close to the cool tubed 250w hps) at the time, got about 200+ seeds out her but only 11 seeds germinated because of the stress.

I think he was talking to the other dude, the OP.

Doc greenbud

Ok found out my mom has been watering them with bottled water that has minerals added for taste. Culprit? I think it might be...

My mom is caretaker when I'm away.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
didn't appear to me to be light burn. looks like some deficiency. light burn would fry those pistils and they look fine. imo

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Organic commercial potting mix. Has all kinds of good stuff in it.

I thought it might be.
The twisting of blades with some cupping is often Calcium. The burnt serrations Potassium. I have a rather far reaching idea that it could be K fixation. I'm thinking that the K is unavailable and has taken up sites that would otherwise be occupied by Calcium. My only reservation is that Magnesium levels look alright.

What is in this tasty water? People tend to like salt on things. Sodium will do much the same. Take up room on the substrate that should be occupied by Calcium Potassium and Magnesium, and to a small degree sodium. Too much sodium will first effect Calcium uptake than perhaps K or Mg.

I think you found your problem.

Soak till run-off with clean water. Wait half hour for things to dissolve into that clean water. Then put though more clean water. If the pot is 10L then put through 10L. You want to get out everything you can. Then feed them a balanced meal. No home made soup. A proper meal and if you can then increase the Calcium and Magnesium in that meal. Magnesium is very soluble so although it was Calcium really showing, you will now have a Mag problem if you don't fix it right away. Most feeds keep supplying lots of K as it's easily displaced by Ca+Mg and as such you should have enough in your complete meal.

Doc greenbud

I thought it might be.
The twisting of blades with some cupping is often Calcium. The burnt serrations Potassium. I have a rather far reaching idea that it could be K fixation. I'm thinking that the K is unavailable and has taken up sites that would otherwise be occupied by Calcium. My only reservation is that Magnesium levels look alright.

What is in this tasty water? People tend to like salt on things. Sodium will do much the same. Take up room on the substrate that should be occupied by Calcium Potassium and Magnesium, and to a small degree sodium. Too much sodium will first effect Calcium uptake than perhaps K or Mg.

I think you found your problem.

Soak till run-off with clean water. Wait half hour for things to dissolve into that clean water. Then put though more clean water. If the pot is 10L then put through 10L. You want to get out everything you can. Then feed them a balanced meal. No home made soup. A proper meal and if you can then increase the Calcium and Magnesium in that meal. Magnesium is very soluble so although it was Calcium really showing, you will now have a Mag problem if you don't fix it right away. Most feeds keep supplying lots of K as it's easily displaced by Ca+Mg and as such you should have enough in your complete meal.

Thank you so much. I'll be flushing this weekend with distilled water. That bottle water has sodium bicarbonate in it.

Doc greenbud

I went and flushed with RO water today, fed with some organic bloom, and sprinkled in a little epsom salt for Mg. The damage wasn't as bad as I thought. They're trucking right along, 7 weeks deep.

Attachments

• IMG_20201121_133446414.jpg
    IMG_20201121_133446414.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20201121_133510183_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201121_133510183_HDR.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 23