What's new

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
wow !!!! that cob is beautiful!
the flower as well looks amazing, must be a good hand and good climate, judging from the rolling hills. I have been after that golden cure for 3 or so trys, 6 days dry you say? cheers to you and your new hobby that your already great at. !!!

thank you so musc Sertaiz for you r kind words. The credit for the cobs and this last one's improvemet have to go to our reverred teacher Tangwena. I do have a lttle skill indoor, but this was my first ever real grow outdoors, ( i'd done a few grow's in pots over the last few years, but was always consrtained by havig to move house). I've learnt a lot this year; I'd never even thought about cataplillars and if it wasn't for the wise peolpe on here i'd probably be sitting here tonight feeling very different. (check out my thread " Super Malawi Haze, 6 weeks to go and posible mold, Sorry don't know how to post link),

We are blessed with the good climate it'strue and i thank my stars daily for letting me be here.

The weed was 6 day's dreid but certainly notdry; it wouldn't have smoked in a spliff, not without constant relighting.

Like you, i'm new to tihs game but already can see that it has huge possiblities for altering taste and colour and i'm looking forward to seeing how the different varriables effec't the high's.

How do you find the high's?, what have you cobbed?

Tangwena

Veteran
Bob Dylan!, An old hippy type perhaps, like myself.

Tangwena, My dear friend, Wow! What can i say! I'm a total convert!

This morning started in a normal way, ie, spliff first thing, but today i took some SMH cob, which had dried rock hard over night in the warm living room. I won't go into details, but it reminded me of some Zamal i grew 23yrs ago indoors (i had little skill indoors then and it took forever to produce buds that looked like air buds but made out of stick!). Really clear, no body effect and a intial questioning of wether in fact i'm high! Hightened colours. Real nice and perfect for a hardened a weary smoker!. After our usual coffee and 2nd spliff with our nieghbour, i realised that half the joint was still there in the ashtray; usually i'm on number 3 by now and unusually this morning the nieghbour had had a few toots too!

Mrs Mote and the niegbhbour decided to do some baking (nice!) and i decieded to eat a little nugget; not sure of the wieght, but i think just under a gram.

I've had a lovely day, high as fuck, totally focused, clear, giggling to myself (unheard of in 35yrs or more, despite having edibles in the past many many times), pottering in the garden with my flower beds and a pleasant walk with Mrs M. As you say, like discovering canabis again.

I think this first batch would have been improved for being a fraction drier when it first went in and should have never been fermented so long (colours and terps). I'm excited to see what it's like in another month; And subsequent months, even more so.

But, This beauty below
View Image this is the Panama haze that was made yesterday after being sealed up at 40c for just over 12hrs!

The smell and clour change are amazing. They say a picture says a thousand words...View Image

She's now dried and sitting at 30c with the others that i made the day before her. The difference in the extra day of air drying prior to cobbing is suprising;(although the 5 day air dried did also get a bit longer sweating.

I'm looking forward to meeting up with friends again and tryinyg to convince them to cob next year!. For a several years now i've been encouraging friends to grow sattivas, but now have a double task!.

Thanks Tangwenga man for your, what appears to be daily maning of this thread, but now I'm beginging to understand your mission to educate people as to the African magic ways. I think, had i discoveded this prior to harvest, the whole lot would have gone into cobs!.

I'll update you i due course, but for now, Muchas Gracias Senor.

Edit. Appologies for the bad typing. The n has one on my lap top and i'm too high to care about correcting my typos. Lol!
Well you have Aced that one my friend thats the kind I like, well I like them all but the for terpy, tasty mind blowing heaven thats the result your looking for.
Welcome to the brotherhood of the cob your life will never be the same now bless you for your kind words.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Well you have Aced that one my friend thats the kind I like, well I like them all but the for terpy, tasty mind blowing heaven thats the result your looking for.
Welcome to the brotherhood of the cob your life will never be the same now bless you for your kind words.
Cheers mate and thanks for the welcome!

S

Sertaiz

:) i find the highs clearer, which is big because the hardest part of herb is the burnout, in my opinion. seems to clean up the feelings, the cloudyness. i have cobbed some lambsbread x original haze from snowhigh, as well as my pollen chucks with that and a gt. the original strain was the best cobbed. more energy, more ride, possibly at the expense of a peaceful calm... i like it both ways, and keep some uncobbed for ocean journeys. cobbed is more for on land. ha. cheers

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I keep saying that I'm going to cob up the original Haze when it finishes but it's not going to finish. 106 days and doesn't look close
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

thedudefresco

yeah i didnt try the cob either with my zamaldelica.

I did wrap up a "thai stick" using wet bud and tried to wrap it with the Zam leaves.

Lol they are way to thin to wrap with my patience level. Its a half assed wrap but yeah we will see.

Cobb curing tho. People really say it improves potency?

Tangwena

Veteran
yeah i didnt try the cob either with my zamaldelica.

I did wrap up a "thai stick" using wet bud and tried to wrap it with the Zam leaves.

Lol they are way to thin to wrap with my patience level. Its a half assed wrap but yeah we will see.

Cobb curing tho. People really say it improves potency?
No my friend it just changes it to something different, whether or not its to your taste is another matter.
But first you have to get it right.
Its a skill like any other art some will be good at it others not.
A friend just dropped of 4 cob samples for me to enjoy, his cobs look different to mine but are works of art nonetheless. Like Nepalese black hash I cant wait to try them when I'm refreshed and clean tomorrow morning.
Pics will be posted

Tangwena

Veteran
Chopper Read 2017 vintage cob

Chopper Read 2017 vintage cob

Looks like hash, smells like hash, tastes like hash smack you in the face sativa rush up up up for 3 hours then levelling off for a further 3hrs fantastic kick ass high.

picture.php

Tangwena

Veteran
what is the mulange like compared to the m x e?
The Malawi x Ethiopian is fast hitting energy and trippy that morphs into a stoned feeling.
The Mulanje x Malawi/Ethiopian is super clear mayhem you know your f---ed up but cant stop yourself acting up very strong ego trip.
The Mulanje is very fast hitting super clear super over confident and super f---ed up dont go out in public you will get arrested gear.
A friend of mine that smoked it and he was a very heavy smoker of hybrids phoned me to say it was sooo smooth all he could say was man I feel sooo smooth.
I had to hang up on him as it was very uncool of him, he was off his face. He later apologized but excused himself by saying he loved the feeling of being so confident it was new to him ha ha.
The high is so clear that initially your not sure your getting high by the time you realize this is the high your past the point of no return. I love it chewed you trip hard all day long its abeautiful feeling.
But thats just my take on it and I'm super receptive to it chewed.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
picture.php
Here's a shot of the 3 Panama Haze cobs that i made the other week. They have been air drying since sunday. Unfortunately the picture doesn't show the colours very well and the flash even less so. They all smell divine.

I've been smoking and eating the Super Malawi haze cob. The smoke is very smooth but the flavours have been somewhat destroyed, due i think, from being a little to wet when they went in and from having been "cooked" a little too long on the intial ferment; No worries, as it's the high I'm after. The high is very different. Super Malawi Haze is a very clear smoke anyaway, but has some body effect and can almost be overwhelming. Since it's been fermented the high is even clearer and there is minimal or no body stone at all. Iniatially, i question wether i'm high but truth i'm really high, totally focussed and very talkative. At higher doses it becomes a little trippy. Less hardened friends seem to struggle with it's strength though, (as they do with the jar curred as well).
I've eaten it on 4 occasions and find it quite different from usual edibles, (i ate some hash oil the other day to compare). The high is again much clearer and much more like coming up on acid. I can float away and space out, or i can still do maual or technical work. I'm hoping to get some accurate digital scales soon so that i can start to work out the correct amount to take to achieve the disired effect. I'm looking forward to doing a large dose soon!.

So far I've only smoked the Goldern Tiger, but will eat some when i've got a day with nothing serrious to do.

This morning, i thought i'd have a day smoking the Malawi cob only, but when i jumped in the car to drive up the mountain this morning, I found half a big fat SMH (jar curred) in the ashtray, so that messed up that plan. I'm thinking i might try a little of the Panama cob today, as i've not tried it at all.... Yes, I'll have a little smoke and write again.

Tangwena

Veteran
View Image Here's a shot of the 3 Panama Haze cobs that i made the other week. They have been air drying since sunday. Unfortunately the picture doesn't show the colours very well and the flash even less so. They all smell divine.

I've been smoking and eating the Super Malawi haze cob. The smoke is very smooth but the flavours have been somewhat destroyed, due i think, from being a little to wet when they went in and from having been "cooked" a little too long on the intial ferment; No worries, as it's the high I'm after. The high is very different. Super Malawi Haze is a very clear smoke anyaway, but has some body effect and can almost be overwhelming. Since it's been fermented the high is even clearer and there is minimal or no body stone at all. Iniatially, i question wether i'm high but truth i'm really high, totally focussed and very talkative. At higher doses it becomes a little trippy. Less hardened friends seem to struggle with it's strength though, (as they do with the jar curred as well).
I've eaten it on 4 occasions and find it quite different from usual edibles, (i ate some hash oil the other day to compare). The high is again much clearer and much more like coming up on acid. I can float away and space out, or i can still do maual or technical work. I'm hoping to get some accurate digital scales soon so that i can start to work out the correct amount to take to achieve the disired effect. I'm looking forward to doing a large dose soon!.

So far I've only smoked the Goldern Tiger, but will eat some when i've got a day with nothing serrious to do.

This morning, i thought i'd have a day smoking the Malawi cob only, but when i jumped in the car to drive up the mountain this morning, I found half a big fat SMH (jar curred) in the ashtray, so that messed up that plan. I'm thinking i might try a little of the Panama cob today, as i've not tried it at all.... Yes, I'll have a little smoke and write again.
Very cool brother and you totally hit the nail on the head about the cure.
If you use less moist buds on shorter sweats you will get very terpy tasty cobs and again the high will be even clearer and a lot more trippy.
Believe me since I gave up smoking 6 or 10 years ago I forget which chewing the bud has become much more desirable as my body lost the tolerance built up over a lifetime of smoking.
I have found the smoking while I loved it at the time was like a flash in the pan type high while chewing is a whole day affair with many varied levels and effects that I never experienced when I smoked.
Now when I smoke the occasional joint I dont get satisfied and its way to short and another joint doesn't get the first feeling back.
I think chewing well aged cob opens doors in your mind that have never been opened before and lets your mind and imagination roam free its a key rather than effecting your mind it lets it free to roam.
Less is more when your tolerance from smoking is no longer holding you back.
Saying that though a well cured, terpy cob is the best smoke you will ever have and very enjoyable until you graduate and eventually realize how limiting the high is.
This is just me rambling what do I know to each his own isn't it.
Experiment my friend, by the way oil extracted from cured cobs will blow your mind while we are on the subject. Try it you will like it also, very different effects to either cob or jar cured buds.

Tangwena

Veteran
2017 Zamaldelica

2017 Zamaldelica

Jeezuz I had forgotten how strong this is ha ha.
The last time I tried this was on a 5 hour flight from Cairns to Perth it was a rocket riding tripped out flight.
I think I'm about to do it again but without the plane this time ha ha.

Check out the sweet caramel and sugar resin under the scope I even managed to take the pics in the future by 4 days ha ha.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Red October

Apologies if this has been asked before but the thread is very long;) do seeds stay viable after cobbing or should I try and remove as many seeds as I can before attempting to do a cob cure? I like your thoughts on tolerance limits and would like to see if chewing might be a good route for me to go.

Tangwena

Veteran
Apologies if this has been asked before but the thread is very long;) do seeds stay viable after cobbing or should I try and remove as many seeds as I can before attempting to do a cob cure? I like your thoughts on tolerance limits and would like to see if chewing might be a good route for me to go.
Hi my friend it takes a while before tolerance from smoking is lost you will probably need larger doses.
My friends who smoke heavily regularly need in access of 0.75g and even smoke the cob as well!
I on the other hand need as little as 0.1g for a buzz or 0.25g to get very high, 0.5g and i am completely off my tree for the whole 8 to 10 hours.
i smoked heavily for over 35yrs and towards the end really struggled to get high enough for my liking.
Its been at least 6 or 7 years since I smoked so my tolerance is really low. Chewing aged cob gets me higher for longer than smoking ever did, except for when i first started as a teenager while it was still quite new to me.
Now it a lifestyle thing just as smoking used to be.
About the seeds I always remove the seeds I need for growing prior to curing the buds.
As your going to compress and cure them into a solid mass you can rip the buds up to get the seeds without worrying what damage you cause to their looks as you would if you were going to jar cure them.
Saying that short sweat drier buds cured this way are quite viable even years later but its always a gamble on the darker hash like cures so I always scavenge enough seeds for my use before cob curing.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
I'm loving the "4 days into the future" photography!

Just coming up o a bit of cob SMH. Intrestig the points you make about tolerance. I know i need to quit smoking spliffs, but still love the whole rolling up and smoking something.