What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trump to Reform Marijuana Policy After Midterms

Slim Pickens

Veteran
Yes the illegal immigrant labor hired to do the job. He'll probably have Pence deport them all so he doesn't have to pay them.

You may have hit on the real reason all those kids are still detained.

vta My Brother

as in....the best US economy EVER...record unemployment across the ethnic spectrum...record jobs available.

Until the chickens come home to roost,and then he'll blame Obama.Or is it Omaha?We'll have to wait and check his spelling.

In other news:

Mega Millions hits record high of $900 million, enough to make someone an instant Republican

:D

Last edited:

vta

Veteran
I can see why you admire Kim. Do you speak Russian too?

Kim recently executed government officials with an anti aircraft gun. One was reported to be a minister and his crime was falling asleep in meetings.

lol

picture.php

vta

Veteran
You may have hit on the real reason all those kids are still detained.

vta My Brother

as in....the best US economy EVER...record unemployment across the ethnic spectrum...record jobs available.

Until the chickens come home to roost,and then he'll blame Obama.Or is it Omaha?We'll have to wait and check his spelling.

:D

The chickens in this case can only be the FED. Meaning the BANK...of all banks. Interest....inflation...FED...interest.......FED.

MAGAnomics is winning and the USA is doing much, much better now because of TRUMP's policies. Period.

Obama?? Who ?

Slim Pickens

Veteran
The chickens in this case can only be the FED. Meaning the BANK...of all banks. Interest....inflation...FED...interest.......FED.

MAGAnomics is winning and the USA is doing much, much better now because of TRUMP's policies. Period.

Obama?? Who ?

Offered with respect.

I wish it were true.I really do.I am of the opposite opinion,we are the ones who will end up paying the freight,as the rich will get the usual pass.Trump can't be blamed for it all.

He's just greasing the rails.

If the Dems win those seats they need,they will provide a convenient target for blame when it all starts to go in the toilet.

Klompen

Other countries can't believe the level of constant stupidity.

I dunno man. I think all the bombs we drop on them makes it pretty real. I really wonder if its the American people who can't fully grasp how stupid their policy is.

I was watching a thing about Chris Hedges and how he was giving a commencement speech right after 9/11 and was speaking out against the call to invade Iraq and the crowd started chanting "America" over him and security had to take him away for fear he'd be harmed by the graduates. Now look at where we are! Every single voice speaking out against the Iraq war was run through the wringer back then and now they've been proven so painfully right.

Klompen

I can see why you admire Kim. Do you speak Russian too?

Kim recently executed government officials with an anti aircraft gun. One was reported to be a minister and his crime was falling asleep in meetings.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...death-penalty-anti-aircraft-gun-a7215906.html

Good old "Unnamed Sources". Trusted!!! Beyond reproach! Why is it that in the Western media we hardly ever hear about South Korean oppression? You can't speak out against the government in SK. One time they even killed 30,000 people on an island for rebelling against the UN mandated government, and in some cases even lined up children and executed them. Nobody ever talks about how the "Republic of Korea" was founded as a military dictatorship and how dissidents were savagely imprisoned, tortured, and disappeared. To this day, any speech the government deems to be beneficial to North Korea in any way is punishable by prison, fines, and beatings.

South Korea quite frankly can shut the fuck up when it comes to anything human rights. Yes, North Korea is a horrible mess and quite oppressive in many ways, but they've also been under siege for almost a century now. The West can never just let communism play itself out naturally. The USA is like someone who is always talking shit about people building houses out of flammable material and then lighting people's houses on fire to prove their point.

Oh speaking of which... the USA killed over 3 million civilians in North Korea during the war. The USAF killed people at a rate that actually exceeded the speed at which Nazis killed people in the holocaust. It is the largest and fastest mass murder of civilians in the history of mankind. Even Churchill was stunned by the brutality of the American fire bombing campaign.

So frankly the USA can also shut the fuck up about human rights when it comes to North Korea. There's nobody in North Korea right now that didn't lose a close relative in the war. Not one. Can you imagine how badly we'd flip our shit in this country if that happened here in the USA? Can you imagine if some other country came in and killed 1 out of every 10 Americans? Can you imagine how crazy we'd go? We lost about about 1 out of every 96,000 Americans on 9/11 and we have caused millions of deaths in response to it. So North Korea has plenty of reason to be completely fucking crazy.

Last edited:

Klompen

Obama wasn’t the problem and neither is Trump - WE are the problem. They’re just the result of OUR actions and reactions. They may be the symptom but WE are the disease

While I agree that we are the ultimate source of the problem I think its very wrong to give these assholes a pass. Obama is a very bad man who did an unreal amount of harm to this country and other countries as well. Trump is even worse in many regards, but at least he's way worse at hiding his true nature than Obama was. Obama administration dropped something like 80+ bombs a day and Trump administration is dropping 120+ bombs per day. They are a lot more alike than they are differently. Both bowed before Wall Street. Both lie, cheat, murder, and betray on a scale that should make the American people fill the streets and demand they leave office. The fact that this hasn't happened is definitely our fault, but there's plenty of blame to go around.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Other countries can't believe the level of constant stupidity.

It is all rather pathetic - but all countries have to go thru their own political machinations every so often - and some can be as ridiculous as what goes on in the USA.

Many Europeans think that the politics reflects the people - since the current POTUS was elected by the USA people, he is looked at as the prime representative of the people of that nation - a reflection of what the USA is all about - and that has been a point of humour that never seems to end.

Jeez, it’s sad that even a piece of potential good news, that most Dems want and is a major step for those of us on the right can’t just get a universal, “yeah, that’d be awesome!” Instead, it just has to devolve into the never ending bickering back and forth. Wanna see this country fail? Just keep digging in heels from the far sides and shooting at each other over the middle. If there isn’t a parlay in the middle, things will never get better. Both sides have played this game but currently it’s the left being the biggest offender. I get it, it’s payback for how many of us on the right acted with Obama. But when do we grow up and stop with the “they started it” syndrome? We’re acting like a bunch of retarded kids. Obama wasn’t the problem and neither is Trump - WE are the problem. They’re just the result of OUR actions and reactions. They may be the symptom but WE are the disease.

None of the issues we’re facing are new. Not really. They’re basically the same issues we’ve always faced, dressed up in different clothes. Our strength has always been our ability to meet in the middle. That’s the predicate of our entire political system - it’s designed to force us to meet in the middle. Unfortunately, we’ve fallen prey to some bad advice from some political talking heads (on both sides) - some “leaders” and some pundits - that convinced us that extremism was the way to go. BAD mistake! The lynchpin of the devastating change, that proverbial cliff we jumped off, was Harry Reid - his use of the so-called “nuclear option,” removing the filabuster and forever changing Senate rules to a simple majority. That, coupled with his unrepentant bald face lie about Romney not paying taxes. It doesn’t matter that he was/is a a Democrat. What matters is that he DID it! One of the most important systemic motivations for the 2 parties to work together was permanently removed, opening the door to hyperpartisanship. That, coupled with a tacit approval of “anything goes” and “the consequences be damned as long as we win” philosophy, was a turning point that’s led us to where we are today. How do we get back to what we were? I mean, a country where we all compromised so that we could come to a solution that worked for all? There’s an old saying that used to be true, “A good deal is one where both sides are unhappy.” The implication being, both sides gave up something to meet in the middle. Now it’s all, “my way or the highway” and if I don’t get my way, just wait until the next election and we get our payback! This is no way to govern and we’ll never be the great shining beacon we were until we get back there.

For my friends on the left: Before you accuse me of being some sort of racist masogonistic homophobe for yearning for a bygone day where we worked through our deepest differences with respect and unity in our common Americanhood; keep in mind that all these immigrants (from the ones hiding here to those heading here today) are coming here because we ARE great. We don’t have 11,000,000 illegals here because we sucked so bad and were so racist and intolerant. Their image of this country is the same as what many of us are yearning for. If we weren’t “Great” we wouldn’t have this issue to deal with.

My real point here is...if a bunch of stoners can’t get along and can’t find ways to get along, have civil discourse and work together, MY GOD, we don’t stand a chance! Its still a very uphill battle but Donald Trump is about the only chance we have at any sort of change to the federal prohibition of cannabis. The Democrats/Left can’t accomplish it on their own (no side can by themselves) and too many Republican leaders on the Right have entrenched opposition to legalization. For all his support from the right, Trump is a fairly centrist Republican. Remember, he was a Democrat until recently. He’s far more open minded and willing to re-examine his own positions than most Republican leaders. IF he wants to, he has the potential to convince enough Republican members of Congress to go along with repeal - a very unique situation that would be FOOLISH to pass up over partisan bickering. To quote an old slogan, “Can’t we all just get along?”

If we stoners can’t do it, who can? Maybe WE can be the start of a positive course correction for this nation. It COULD start here - it’s got to start somewhere; so why not here? For goodness sake y’all, here’s a staunch church-going conservative from a rural community (that normally uses “y’all and hunts and fishes) that most people would think would oppose anything to do with cannabis. Instead, he actively supports legalization and both donates and works towards achieving that goal! How far we’ve come!! This bickering is RIDICULOUS! It’s tru: there’s SO much more that unites us than divides us; but we’ve fallen prey to the few that benefit from keeping us divided. We’ve got to wake up and rekindle that unity and Make America Great Again with cannabis!

Sorry to ramble on.

That is PRICELESS! Is it available as a sticker or t-shirt?

Above is a good post - it makes sense - you all have to agree to disagree - and stop fighting one another, the fact is that you have perhaps more freedom, wealth and liberty than most of the rest of the world, so should think yourselves lucky - and get along with one another - no matter if you support one side of politics or another.

DTOM420

While I agree that we are the ultimate source of the problem I think its very wrong to give these assholes a pass. Obama is a very bad man who did an unreal amount of harm to this country and other countries as well. Trump is even worse in many regards, but at least he's way worse at hiding his true nature than Obama was. Obama administration dropped something like 80+ bombs a day and Trump administration is dropping 120+ bombs per day. They are a lot more alike than they are differently. Both bowed before Wall Street. Both lie, cheat, murder, and betray on a scale that should make the American people fill the streets and demand they leave office. The fact that this hasn't happened is definitely our fault, but there's plenty of blame to go around.

Hey brother, I’m not suggesting we give anyone a pass. I’m the opposite of an Obama fan and I recognize some awful things that went on during his administration. That said, I think we have to start getting along. We can’t hold onto so much animosity from when it was “their” turn and try to pay it all back when it’s “our” turn. If we do that, where will it end? HOW will it end? Sometimes we need a little bit of the biblical ‘turning of the cheek.’ Now, that depends solely on the other side’s willingness as well. It’s going to take both sides wanting to get out of the viscous cycle we’ve gotten ourselves in.

Sure, we could get into a discussion of who’s to blame and I suspect you and I would probably agree on that; but what does that accomplish. The other side has their own view and there’s certainly plenty of fault on the right. If we debate where it all started, that just perpetuates the animosity. Sometimes, in an argument, you just need to agree to disagree on one point in an effort to agree on working together to be friends in the future - to change the dynamic of the relationship. Sometimes we need to let things go to make a clean break and a fresh start for the sake of the future. If this can’t start with a group of stoners, where can it start?

If nothing else I just wish we could have a lively but friendly discussion of political issues HERE! Particularly on the issue of the repeal of prohibition. WE have to set an example. WE have to lead the way! The moderators seem to be allowing a little political discussion here but have limited it to civil discussion. That gives us even more reason to tone it down and try a different way. Maybe it’s the former hippie in me being to idealistic; but I BELIEVE we can come together - the left and the right. I believe we WILL come together. We always have. Even after the Civil War. Even after Vietnam. I’m just praying we can do it without a national tragedy to unite us. Maybe it starts here.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Maybe it’s the former hippie in me being to idealistic; but I BELIEVE we can come together - the left and the right. I believe we WILL come together. We always have. Even after the Civil War. Even after Vietnam. I’m just praying we can do it without a national tragedy to unite us. Maybe it starts here.

this country is STILL divided over the Civil War, and the Viet Nam war. we have NEVER truly been united, even during WW1 & WW2. there were blocs of citizens that opposed our entry into both world wars. a tragedy that might "unite" us would leave most of us dead. in such an event, i believe we would devolve even further into tribalism on a scale that would make the wars between native american tribes look like intramural sports in middle school. we are rapidly headed toward a situation that makes me think of the Israelis & the Palestinians. DNA testing has revealed that they are more closely related to each other than anyone else, but that does not keep them from killing each other. aint no fight as vicious as a family fight. ask any street cop...

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I just want to thank VTA for putting this in my rep. are you really that stupid ??? Givemeafuckingbreaksoyboi

DTOM420

I hate to get off topic here but would love to discuss some of this with you to understand some of what you’re saying about the “lying, cheating, stealing and betraying.” So, once I get to 50 posts and get PM’s, maybe we can discuss? I’ve got strong views but I’m certainly open-minded and willing to change my position when I find I’ve been wrong. I have a pretty broad political experience that’s formed my stances an opinions. I’ve had opportunity to be inside some of the machine that most people don’t get to see and I’ve had a broader experience than most - traveling the world and coming from a politically influential family based on 2 continents and 2 very different governments. I’ve been filthy rich, homeless and now I’m a solid middle class, blue collar worker. I was raised conservative in a politically influential family at the highest level of the US government with a direct line to many White Houses, gave up that life to be a dope smoking hippie, cannabis cultivator in Northern California who railed against all things Republican and conservative. I ended up a homeless heroin addict with a criminal record and clawed my way back to success as a small business owner living in a tiny rural community. My point is, I’ve seen and lived it all myself. From the white table cloths and crystal drinkware of the country club to the horror of public housing in a big city ghetto to life without a home to life behind bars to building a home. I’ve also got half my family in Europe and they vary from bakers and farmers to some of the wealthiest and most influential people in their country. My point in all this is merely to share that I can truly understand and relate to what most people are thinking and expressing....because I’ve probably been in a similar position myself, at some point. At least close enough to truly empathize with their situation or viewpoint. I love a good political discussion with those who differ from me! What’s the fun in discussing politics with those that just agree with you? I’m on a journey of discovery and always looking to learn; but I also like sharing some of what I’ve learned on the amazing journey I’ve had so far. And the opportunity I had when I was younger to see inside the highest level of government here in the US (and abroad) may provide an interesting perspective for some.

You mentioned government assassination in one of your posts, I think. When I was younger the senior Soviet “cultural attaché” was a regular visitor to our home. Back then, that was code for KGB. He became a family friend and loved the US. He became obsessed with our way of life and bought all sorts of things to take home to his wife and kids to show them what it was like here compared to their grey existence in the USSR. He regularly lamented that he wished he could move his family to the US. One day he was suddenly recalled to Moscow. About 2 months later his former secretary called from a pay phone and in a 10 second message told us he had been executed and his family had been “relocated” to Siberia because he had become a western “sympathizer.” “CLICK” She risked her life to let us know because she knew we had become friends and cared about him. Now, THAT’S government assasination. This was later all corroborated by the CIA. I don’t think it ever made the news but it’s not the kind of thing the media would have publicized back then.

DTOM420

Thanks for giving me a fun and legitimate way to boost my post count towards that all-important 50th post!

this country is STILL divided over the Civil War, and the Viet Nam war. we have NEVER truly been united, even during WW1 & WW2. there were blocs of citizens that opposed our entry into both world wars. a tragedy that might "unite" us would leave most of us dead. in such an event, i believe we would devolve even further into tribalism on a scale that would make the wars between native american tribes look like intramural sports in middle school. we are rapidly headed toward a situation that makes me think of the Israelis & the Palestinians. DNA testing has revealed that they are more closely related to each other than anyone else, but that does not keep them from killing each other. aint no fight as vicious as a family fight. ask any street cop...

I’ll respectfully disagree that we’re still divided over the Civil War. Aside from a few thousand morons in some retarded white supremacy group that nobody (except CNN and MSNBC) pays any attention to, who exactly is divided and in what regard? Same question on Vietnam? Sure there were people opposed to us getting involved in both World Wars; but, once we were in them, the nation rallied together behind the cause of winning. A unified nation doesn’t mean 100% agreement by every citizen - there’s ALWAYS a few anti-social ignoramouses that have to naysay, no matter what. They don’t count because they’re insignificant.

Regardless, I would posit that it’s the very belief you’re expressing that’s part of the problem. Let’s say, for the sake of discussion, that what you’re saying IS the case and we’re still divided.....what’s the way forward? Maybe I’m too idealistic and optimistic but I have faith that we can continue the success we’ve had over the past 250 years BECAUSE we’ve always had the ability to heal and come together to work through the biggest differences we have. It’s made us the greatest nation on earth. Given the opportunity to go anywhere they want on the planet, there isn’t a refugee out there that wouldn’t choose to come to the US, barring existing family or financial ties to another country. Despite all the griping that people like to do abroad, they depend on us and look up to us and envy us - whether they openly admit it or not. When the proverbial poo hits the fan, countries come to us for help; not others. So, if we’re heading down the dark path you’re suggesting, what’s your suggestion to fix things?

Your analogy about family doesn’t make sense to me. Sure, family fights can be ugly; but 99.9999999% of the time the end up with hugs and forgiveness. Ask any street cop, as you suggest, and you’ll find that those horrible fights you mention account for about 0.0001% of American families; and it’s usually the same few dysfunctional families over and over and over. They’re the exception, and certainly not the norm.

Again, assuming you’re right...what’s the answer? What’s the path forward? If you were in charge and could have it all your way, how would you correct the course we’re on?

Klompen

Hey brother, I’m not suggesting we give anyone a pass. I’m the opposite of an Obama fan and I recognize some awful things that went on during his administration. That said, I think we have to start getting along. We can’t hold onto so much animosity from when it was “their” turn and try to pay it all back when it’s “our” turn. If we do that, where will it end? HOW will it end? Sometimes we need a little bit of the biblical ‘turning of the cheek.’ Now, that depends solely on the other side’s willingness as well. It’s going to take both sides wanting to get out of the viscous cycle we’ve gotten ourselves in.

Sure, we could get into a discussion of who’s to blame and I suspect you and I would probably agree on that; but what does that accomplish. The other side has their own view and there’s certainly plenty of fault on the right. If we debate where it all started, that just perpetuates the animosity. Sometimes, in an argument, you just need to agree to disagree on one point in an effort to agree on working together to be friends in the future - to change the dynamic of the relationship. Sometimes we need to let things go to make a clean break and a fresh start for the sake of the future. If this can’t start with a group of stoners, where can it start?

If nothing else I just wish we could have a lively but friendly discussion of political issues HERE! Particularly on the issue of the repeal of prohibition. WE have to set an example. WE have to lead the way! The moderators seem to be allowing a little political discussion here but have limited it to civil discussion. That gives us even more reason to tone it down and try a different way. Maybe it’s the former hippie in me being to idealistic; but I BELIEVE we can come together - the left and the right. I believe we WILL come together. We always have. Even after the Civil War. Even after Vietnam. I’m just praying we can do it without a national tragedy to unite us. Maybe it starts here.

I have no problem with US getting along. Normal societal rules make a lot of sense when dealing with normal people. Thing is, its our job to keep our leaders accountable. More than that, our leaders are overwhelmingly sociopaths and psychopaths. You can't give them the same benefit of the doubt that you give regular folks. Regular social courtesy will just be taken advantage of. This country only makes a big deal of mental illness that limits productivity, and doesn't make anywhere near enough of an issue about mental illnesses which do not make the person less productive. We need to do our job as the citizens of this country. We have militarized police, a legislature that doesn't listen to us at all, and we're engaging in endless war whether or not We The People want it or not.

yardgrazer

Thanks for giving me a fun and legitimate way to boost my post count towards that all-important 50th post!

I’ll respectfully disagree that we’re still divided over the Civil War. Aside from a few thousand morons in some retarded white supremacy group that nobody (except CNN and MSNBC) pays any attention to, who exactly is divided and in what regard?

I'd hardly say that's the case. Generations of southerners learned an anti-reconstructionist "history" of the Civil War. Sure, time has passed, and much of the south isn't what it was in the 1960s, or even the 1980s, and yet for a long time we lived in a world in which there was a "Battle of Liberty Place" memorial, to -violently insurrectionist white supremacists, and no one really did anything about it, because that's just the way the world was.

Now, do most people in the US think about the Civil War and what southerners may have been taught? No, you're right on that front. But people being aware of a divide and there being no divide are two different things, I think?

As for the Vietnam War, I think there are still people who believe in a "Stab in the Back" theory of the war (loss of public support), and possibly lingering resentment on the part of veterans, but again, most people don't think about it much, if at all.

Klompen

I’ll respectfully disagree that we’re still divided over the Civil War. Aside from a few thousand morons in some retarded white supremacy group that nobody (except CNN and MSNBC) pays any attention to, who exactly is divided and in what regard? Same question on Vietnam?

How often have you been to the South? The American Civil War is still a pretty hot topic there. Spend some time in Georgia or Alabama especially.

Plenty of people are divided over the Vietnam War even still. Its nowhere near as big a divide as the ACW, but there are still plenty of people who believe communism absolutely had to be stopped and the only thing that went wrong in Vietnam was Democrats running the war.

yardgrazer

Sorry to remain offtopic (while I don't expect Trump will make any moves on liberalization of marijuana laws, I'd welcome it if he did), but I do wonder how successful any Democrat would be at holding office without being willing to kill people in other countries? Same for being in bed with Wall Street.

Was on a pleasure tour of the east coast and heard TEENAGERS debating the civil war, when it happens in your back yard, it's hard to ignore, in Vietnam they will likely never stop calling it "the American war".