What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado Dispensaries: the good, the bad, and the ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaMadreHierba

I just feel like bragging about California dispensaries....please tell your community to help and get high standard quality A grade marijuana and affordable rates this is wrong especially for people who are ill.

Ms_Weekend

There are a myriad of reasons to not discuss being a vendor over the phone with someone you've never met, and not all of them are legal.

thats what i was wondering....can you get in with no card? arent most these places double locked doors with guards checking id and cards?

SweetBOG

thats what i was wondering....can you get in with no card? arent most these places double locked doors with guards checking id and cards?

ah, i didn't know you don't have a card... i just assumed you do. get their email address and send them a note. if you do call, don't go into details, just ask the general question and try and set a date to visit their store with a sample of your goods.

in my experience: no double locks, no guards. a locked door, yes, and when they open it for you, they'll ask to see your card. If no card, they'll still talk with you about becoming a med patient or anything else.

SweetBOG

I just feel like bragging about California dispensaries....please tell your community to help and get high standard quality A grade marijuana and affordable rates this is wrong especially for people who are ill.

what do you consider reasonable prices for grade A pot? i'd say there's a lot of grade A buds being sold at these shops, but yes, i wish the prices would drop to $10-$12 a gram for it.

Ms_Weekend

I could see it going to 10-12 a gram only by the dispensaries growing and selling in-house grown bud.......but even then most would still see the dollar signs and probably go for more..

do the dispensaries add tax onto purchases like a normal shop or is tax included in the price?

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
I could see it going to 10-12 a gram only by the dispensaries growing and selling in-house grown bud.......but even then most would still see the dollar signs and probably go for more..

Youre dead right, unfortunately...Profiteering is at an all time high here in CO...
do the dispensaries add tax onto purchases like a normal shop or is tax included in the price?

They add tax, which I think kinda sucks. Including it in the price would be awesome, especially given the high markup the meds are sold at! :2cents:

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
The tax must already be included at the place i go. the only extra charge there is if you use credit/debit card and that is a 2.50 fee.

so if its 55 an 8th you pay 55 in cash and you are out the door.

pikes peak 69

It's illegal to charge a fee to use a CC. It's in the agreement with the CC company. If the CC company finds out that they are charging a fee to use said CC, the CC company will revoke their rights as a vendor to accept their CC.

The tax must already be included at the place i go. the only extra charge there is if you use credit/debit card and that is a 2.50 fee.

so if its 55 an 8th you pay 55 in cash and you are out the door.

pikes peak 69

To continue on the CC.
Why would anyone pay a fee to use a CC? The vendor is guaranteed their money (if they got an authorization #) and they receive their money quickly almost immediately. They pay a small fee but it more then is made up by not having lots of cah around for robbers to take. If they are robbed, they still collect from the CC company. Taking a CC for a vendor is the safest way to collect money. Provided they check id, get authorization # and follow the rules.
Why should you as a customer have to pay a fee?

JWH-018

They probably aren't declaring or paying sales tax on the cash transactions. You pretty much have to book stuff paid for with credit/debit, I'd imagine that fee is going towards tax. At least I've seen that behavior before and that's what was going on. Nobody that would risk their merchant account to charge a credit fee would turn around and eat the sales tax for the customer imo.

sorry

sorry

sorry, we don't have the same law as cali!

6 plants and 2oz. limits for most patients. i think were doing better than expected with what we're working with. at this point we're beating everyone but cali. check back in a few months, we're just getting started.:joint:

do we have a consensus as to the best disp for High quality meds?

i have "patients choice" and "BAM" at the top of my to do list when my back get's better.

did i miss any good ones?

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
I have yet to find 1 that has meds that I consider "high quality" patients need the heat, someones gotta bring it.

Anybody that has grown up here knows Colorado has the kill and the zones I moved in high school look literally twice or more as good as the BEST herb I've seen in a dispensary. Wheres the killer SAGE? the original C1 cough? the Diesel? I could go on and on with super quality strains that are being grown right under the medical worlds nose.

But.. I have heard good things about one of the dispensaries in Longmont, but that guy is booked every time I call for an appointment...hmmm

You can come into our lobby and discuss vending. If it is for real you are welcome to come into my office for more discussion. Non patients are not allowed into our Dispensary room, but are welcome otherwise.

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
I'm gonna bring him some of my own and se if he will trade a little. Hope he lives up to the hype

JWH-018

But.. I have heard good things about one of the dispensaries in Longmont, but that guy is booked every time I call for an appointment...hmmm

If you don't know, BAM's top shelf is his gear at the same price and you can get in there the same day you call. Not sure if they always have everything he has though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts